Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't know what all this talk of Penn State joining the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Don't know what all this talk of Penn State joining the ACC

Jan 24, 2015, 4:21 PM

is about. I for one don't want to be in a conference with that scumbag University. This is University that covered up for a sexually deviant pedophile for possibly 15-25 years. In reaction to the PSU firing Joe Paterno for his part in the scandal, their fans and students rioted. Now they petitioned successfully for the NCAA to retroactively wipe out all their punishment. Outside of football, PSU offers nothing athletically. And I don't believe Tony Franklin's spazz out style of coaching is going to bring back PSU in football. The spazz out style worked at Vandy during the $EC Least era, but won't work elsewhere.

Besides we took care of Penn State back in the Citrus Bowl in the 80's, when we won 35-10, and ran the ball all over Jerry Sandusky's defense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd def take PSU. Good football school.

Jan 24, 2015, 4:23 PM

The coaches who did all that crap are gone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When is the last time PSU has been relevant on the national

Jan 24, 2015, 4:34 PM

scene? Like 97 or 98. PSU wasn't good in football until Joe Paterno came along. And his prime was from the late 60's to late 90's. PSU just got talked about more because of Joe Paterno's name, and his unwillingness to retire. To me PSU is not a football school until they prove they can win with a coach not named Joe Paterno. The number of fans attending games really is irrelevant. The coots get 80,000, yet their history is terrible in football.

2005, 2008***

Jan 24, 2015, 4:55 PM

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

no they weren't, they had a schedule packed with four...

Jan 24, 2015, 6:04 PM

easy ooc opponents. That's how PSU prevented themselves from having more losses at the end of the Joe Paterno era, they scheduled the easiest OOC opponents they could find.

Re: When is the last time PSU has been relevant on the national

Jan 25, 2015, 2:25 AM [ in reply to When is the last time PSU has been relevant on the national ]

Prime was last 60s to late 90s.....a 30 year run of great seasons. How can you possibly compare that to the coots, who have had a decent 1984 and 2011-2013 only to help interrupt decades of putrid mediocrity onl.?

I'd happily take PSU. They are a good school.

he compares them to the coots becuase that is what coots do***

Jan 25, 2015, 4:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have ladies volleyball***

Jan 24, 2015, 4:35 PM

Re: Don't know what all this talk of Penn State joining the ACC

Jan 24, 2015, 4:39 PM

They claim to have won 73 team national championships.

Their women's volleyball team has won 6 national championships in the last 8 years. Who doesn't like to look at tall, athletic, successful women?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Would be a great addition if

Jan 24, 2015, 5:29 PM

Notre Dame was the 16th, although, i really don't see this happening. I think it's more likely we end up with UCONN at some point. Really need a 16th basketball school to make scheduling easier and if you can't get a great football program, might as well get the school that at least offers something. UCONN basketball to go along with UNC, Duke, Syracuse, Louisville, Virginia. By far the greatest basketball conference ever assembled.

I understand that all that were guilty have left PSU.

Jan 24, 2015, 5:56 PM

I doubt PSU would leave the B1G for any reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which is why all this PSU stuff is non sense...

Jan 24, 2015, 6:06 PM

Why would they leave a conference that has it's own cable network, for less money in a conference that doesn't have it's own cable network.

Jan 24, 2015, 6:56 PM

Bug off, dirtpecker...

Jan 25, 2015, 1:07 AM

Penn State fans would love to be in the ACC just check their message boards. Most despise the Big Ten. Penn State in the Big Ten is treated just like Clemson is in the ACC. Ohio State and Michigan rule the conference just like tobacco road does in the ACC.

Further more Penn State fans would prefer to play Syracuse, Boston College, Pitt, Virginia and VT than Nebraska, Iowa, Indiana and Minnesota since the away games are closer to home and Pitt was a natural rival over the years. It is also better for recruiting. We could have and ACC north and ACC south. This would be good for the ACC. The Big Ten went after Maryland and Rutgers to try and appease Penn State.

In terms of the scandal that is history and who is responsible outside of Sandusky is still being sorted out. But for the record the NCAA should not have been involved as it was a criminal case that is why they are back peddling. Penn State has a great program and great fans and would be a great addition to the ACC.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic