Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
didn't want to jack the CBD oil post.....my issue w/vitamins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 409

didn't want to jack the CBD oil post.....my issue w/vitamins

Dec 13, 2018, 12:00 PM

similar, but somewhat different. I was wondering if you all had the same issues.

I'm a generally healthy person, been that way my whole life. Never been sicker than a bad cold. But like pretty much everybody, I know I don't eat/sleep/whatever exactly right and undoubtedly I am missing a few essential vitamins, nutrients, and other "stuff". So the vitamin pushers get in my head from time to time and I decide to buy a giant bottle of multivitamins and start taking them in proper regiment. Not that I feel bad or depleted or anything. But it's got to help right? You can ALWAYS feel better, can't you? Vitamin C, B, D, riboflavin, fish lips, and all those great life-enhancing substances.

So.......I get through half the bottle or so, and I notice I feel absolutely no different than before. No extra energy, no extra vigor, just the same. So I quit. I've never finished a bottle because of this.

But what happens next - after I quit taking them every day ----- I start feeling like crap. Lethargic. Tired. Pooped. Worse than before I started taking them. A few days later I eventually get back to "normal".

What is the deal? Anybody have this experience? Why do I even start taking these things? I should know better by now, this is about the 10th time I have done this to myself.

I'm convinced its all a big psychological scam.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mostly in your head but some vitamins do put pep in your step.

Dec 13, 2018, 12:04 PM

Notably B vitamins, which is why you find them in energy drinks.

A healthy diet gives you all the vitamins you need.

YWIA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I eat fairly well...a green vegetable or salad every day

Dec 13, 2018, 12:08 PM

but don’t feel that’s enough at my age.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, true, but get you some dem Edgefield peaches

Dec 13, 2018, 12:13 PM

and you be ahiite. Lots of vitamin C.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Want pep? Cut sugar.***

Dec 14, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to I eat fairly well...a green vegetable or salad every day ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen. And caffeine. Clean living = abundant energy.

Dec 14, 2018, 3:13 PM

Think about little kids. They don't do any substances (assuming they have decent parents) and have plenty of energy and sleep well (mostly).

Oh. And they get fresh air and sunshine (again, if they have decent parents, etc.).

Good for the goose, good for the gander.

What type of multivitamin? They say the ones you buy

Dec 13, 2018, 12:07 PM

at the super market are crap.

I take mega man over 50 from GNC and can feel IT move if I miss a few days and then resume. I also take echinacea every day.

I never get sick, never had the flu. I get a minor cold maybe once every two years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel worse when I take them, so quit about 15 yrs ago

Dec 13, 2018, 12:11 PM

I think they are a scam unless one doesn’t eat a good variety of foods in all the groups.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

My doctor told me that she didn't believe............

Dec 14, 2018, 10:59 AM

in multi vitamins. She does have me taking a calcium supplement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I take a therapeutic dose of

Dec 13, 2018, 12:21 PM

whiskey, it kinda makes me sluggish the next day...and very thirsty. I'm not sure it's helping. ;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I stop drinking beer, exactly the same thing happens!***

Dec 13, 2018, 12:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read this as "didn't want to jack it with CBD oil"

Dec 13, 2018, 12:52 PM

Disappointed.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Don't know about your situation. But two facts for ya.....

Dec 14, 2018, 10:15 AM

1) The average American does not have ANY vitamin deficiencies. You have to go to third world countries where people are starving to find vitamin decencies.

2) Multivitamins are not effective because their absorption rate is so low. Your body naturally extracts vitamins from food as it's digested. A pill or chewable vitamin is not absorbed as well because there's no associated digestion. For best results, take everything with food. The digestion of the food helps vitamins/medicine/whatever be absorbed better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

/AMA***

Dec 14, 2018, 1:51 PM

IDKWTFYTA

Dec 14, 2018, 3:11 PM

SUATLATTP.

Thanks.

Re: IDKWTFYTA

Dec 14, 2018, 3:20 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 409
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic