Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seat Equity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,577

Seat Equity

Oct 19, 2016, 5:35 PM

Looks like they saw what sections were resold for on StubHub and eBay and decided they should be getting that Equity instead of the donors/season ticket buyers. This takes a lot of the profit that resellers were making.

But on the bright side, those of you that have been requesting better seats and never moving year after year - I bet there will be a lot of prime seats opening up next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I wouldn't bet the farm!

Oct 19, 2016, 5:42 PM

Long waiting list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't hold your breath - when seat equity started

Oct 19, 2016, 5:47 PM

there was tons of expectation that seats would improve (in my section many of us were giving 5x or more the seat equity minimum), and then to our AD's surprise...he could barely get the handful of Heisman donors out of the upper decks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't hold your breath - when seat equity started

Oct 19, 2016, 5:53 PM

Loooong list of donors waiting for those seats. Join iptay

Agreed, And It's Because

Oct 20, 2016, 3:36 AM [ in reply to Don't hold your breath - when seat equity started ]

the athletic department continues to undervalue seats in Memorial Stadium.

Re: Seat Equity

Oct 19, 2016, 7:15 PM

I guess if you can't create revenue by moving the students to the upper deck, then you stick it to the everybody else. Sounds like DRAD is scrambling to make up a gap somewhere.

Oct 19, 2016, 7:53 PM

> I guess if you can't create revenue by moving the
> students to the upper deck, then you stick it to the
> everybody else. Sounds like DRAD is scrambling to
> make up a gap somewhere.

They are not "sticking it to...everybody else". IPTAY members do not "own" the seats, and the only rights they have to them are what the school allows. They market for those seats has drastically risen. Why should the lower paying IPTAY members that got in years ago reap the profit? If they continue to donate at a lower level, they can enjoy the game in a different seat.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2016, 3:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Seat Equity ]

Students have had seats in the upper deck for some time.

Oct 20, 2016, 4:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Seat Equity ]

I don't see why you would ever want a student section in the upper deck, especially as loud as our student section is. They will always have those seats on the hill and around the hill. By far the loudest part of the stadium

Students seats are still available in the lower

Oct 20, 2016, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Seat Equity ]

deck. They just expanded the upper deck section and displaced those folks who were previously in TDB. Moved them to the opposite end of the upper deck as I understand it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were moved from TDB odd seats to TDC odd seats

Oct 21, 2016, 3:49 PM

Cant complain about that even being moved up 4 rows, still lower part of upper deck.

Oct 19, 2016, 7:24 PM

Yes. IPTAY has watched and tracked ticket prices on the re-sell market. Also, I'm sure they have tracked the prices the parking spaces are resold for in the various lots. Especially the high dollar ones. Now, they just get to keep the money. Can't blame them really.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple...Supply & Demand. My tix will be

Oct 19, 2016, 7:36 PM

Open next year most likely as I can't keep paying the increases unless I win the lottery. 7 together in the $800 value. I am sure there will be a long line ready to pay that $5600 + another $2600 for the tix.

OUCH!

Oct 20, 2016, 8:36 AM

Come join us in the upper deck! Not a bad seat unless you reach nosebleed section. The lower upperdeck works great for me. Just behind the expensive seats is fine with me!

Oct 19, 2016, 8:35 PM

I understand a gradual price increase, but IPTAY is going for a naked money grab. The "value" of my seats will nearly triple next year. I went from overpaying for seats because they couldn't get me into the sections I was paying for, to having to double my contribution just to keep the ones I have. And the next tier up is more than double the cost of my current tier, so at *best* I'll be able to move over one section. It's too extreme, and there's going to be backlash. There are also going to be a lot of corporate-owned tickets between the 40's that are given out as favors to people who aren't really fans...I hope Clemson's AD is ready for that.

They Are

Oct 20, 2016, 3:38 AM

based on how the athletic department reseated LittleJohn.

As some others have noted it is

Oct 20, 2016, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Seat Equity ]

supply and demand. However, it truly is a money grab at this point with the excessive jump in my opinion. I have such "crappy" seats it didn't quite impact me this cycle but I am sure it will in the near future depending on how the S and D experiment goes.

Go Tigers!!!

It's hard when you have people who are donating Jervey

Oct 20, 2016, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Seat Equity ]

level trying to get into any lower deck seats but cannot. I'm only asking for 2.

So I donate at Jervey and wind up in upper deck. Meanwhile you donate at the bare minimum of seat equity and get to keep those seats.

Oh well, I'm going to stop donating and just buy tickets at the gate now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I guess you missed where I said

Oct 21, 2016, 6:51 AM

"overpaying for my seats" :)

I strongly suspect this huge rise in seat equity pricing is to get folks like you into the lower decks. I don't begrudge you being irritated for donating at a premium level and not getting premium seats. The same thing has happened to me for years, at a smaller scale, so I get it.

I think something IPTAY did right was not to bump people from their seats as long as they could meet the requirements. That being said, they're getting ready to bump a huge number of people because their changes are drastic.

Re: It's hard when you have people who are donating Jervey

Oct 21, 2016, 3:43 PM [ in reply to It's hard when you have people who are donating Jervey ]

You mind saying what section in the upper deck you are in and how long have you been donating at the Jervey level? I've been paying at the Howard level for 2 years and have 4 seats together in TDI rows G & H. I would be happy with TDG or TDH row A but I doubt that I'll be getting better seats anytime soon.

Oct 20, 2016, 9:07 AM

Sounds like they're trying to end the alumni debate by pricing all the non-alumni out of the stadium ;)

But it is sad the way sports are headed. The common man doesn't have a place except in his living room going forward.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,577
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic