Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Watson would like to pick the brain of Lebron James
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

FB Update: Watson would like to pick the brain of Lebron James

Jun 27, 2016, 6:25 PM

Watson would like to pick the brain of Lebron James

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DeShaun has it backwards Lebron needs to talk to Watson

Jun 27, 2016, 6:29 PM

about being a humble person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson grew up in this era of the NBA, not the golden era of

Jun 27, 2016, 6:46 PM

80's and 90's. So being a petulant man child crybaby isn't pointed out the way it used to. NBA is a whole lot better than the 2000-2006 era, but the crybaby aspect from that era of some players still lingers around. And really can you blame Lebron for his whining after all he was well known nationally since his junior year in HS and was well known in the upper Midwest region since middle school. Only criticism he has got in the NBA has been from fans. And outside of Bill Simmons there really hasn't been an analyst willing to critique Lebron's game or commonalities about disappearing in a number of big games and not developing a consistent jump shot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None of those guys from the 80s and 90s ever cried...

Jun 27, 2016, 6:52 PM

Him not developing a consistent jumper has a lot more to do with him being

Jun 27, 2016, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Watson grew up in this era of the NBA, not the golden era of ]

6-8, 250lbs than anything else.

Could you imagine him at WR/TE?

Jun 27, 2016, 7:48 PM

With his massive hands, crazy ups and ridiculous athleticism. He chose the right sport, but I would love to see him play football since he's matured.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Could you imagine him at WR/TE?

Jun 28, 2016, 8:22 AM

Sure! I imagine he would cry rape the first time someone tackled him. With his flop appeal, international soccer would probably be a better fit.

Like it or not (who actually does like it?) basketball and

Jun 28, 2016, 9:31 AM

soccer both reward flopping. There's no penalty for flopping or embellishing in basketball and the upside is a potential foul on the opponent. In soccer there's now the potential to get a yellow card for "diving," but it's rarely ever enforced and it's much, much more likely that the opponent gets carder instead, and of course there's always the chance of getting a PK if the "foul" occurs in the box.

There's literally no upside at all to rolling around on the ground in football if you aren't actually hurt. As long as the benefit substantially outweighs the downside in basketball and soccer the flopping will continue.

Anyway, LBJ doesn't flop any more than half the other guys in the league. He just gets more attention because he's Lebron.

Not completely true...

Jul 1, 2016, 7:12 AM

The SECheat's do it all the time to catch their breath between plays! ;)

Every heard of Michael Jordan?

Jun 28, 2016, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Watson grew up in this era of the NBA, not the golden era of ]

Well he played in the 80's and 90's. Nobody cried to the refs and played Diva off the court more than Michael Jordan, yet no one pointed it out. The NBA and the media carefully protected his image, despite numerous instances of him being a degenerate gambler and an a-hole.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LeBron always seemed like a nice guy to me...

Jun 27, 2016, 6:56 PM [ in reply to DeShaun has it backwards Lebron needs to talk to Watson ]

Most guys in his position would not have married his high school sweetheart and actually stay married.

Guys like Tiger, Jordan, etc... pretty terrible family men.

Re: DeShaun has it backwards Lebron needs to talk to Watson

Jun 29, 2016, 10:27 AM [ in reply to DeShaun has it backwards Lebron needs to talk to Watson ]

How is Lebron not humble?

I love you DW4, but....

Jun 27, 2016, 10:42 PM

Pick the brain of Michael Jordan. The only man to leave his guts in every game he played.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Why? Jordan was a degenerate gambling a-hole.

Jun 28, 2016, 11:30 AM

LeBron is a better role model for DW4.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love you DW4, but....

Jun 27, 2016, 10:42 PM

Pick the brain of Michael Jordan. The only man to leave his guts in every game he played.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: I love you DW4, but....

Jun 28, 2016, 12:48 AM

You cant honestly say dw4 didnt leave his guts at every game. That kid has given it everything he has everytime he goes on that field. He has yet to cost us a game. He has lost what 2 games. Injured in one and we all know which unit cost us the nc. DW4 is special, we are beyond lucky.

Uh....I'm comparing Lebron to Jordan smart guy***

Jun 28, 2016, 7:12 AM

That conversation would require a Passy for Lebron

Jun 28, 2016, 12:54 AM

All he does is cry when things don't go his way. Flop when a foul isn't there. Some great role model

Most of the great ones flopped and worked the officials,

Jun 28, 2016, 8:03 AM

anything to get the W.

MJ and Bird come to mind. Bird was one of the best floppers of all time. He would do anything to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW4's favorite athletes are Cam and LBJ

Jun 28, 2016, 8:39 AM

Can't believe he doesn't agree with the posters on TigerNet! Hahaha

Great athletes to admire. Both are winners and both do more for the community than people who judge them based on ESPN will ever know. One day DeShaun will be that great professional athlete that college kids are looking up to, one day very soon

Don't get the LeBron hate. Good family guy and

Jun 28, 2016, 8:45 AM

Top 7 or 8 player of all time.

Much better role model as a person than most of the great ones.

Love MJ but not the greatest role model.

Clemson @ Auburn

Jun 28, 2016, 10:34 AM

I wonder which sideline Cam is going to choose come September 3rd...Has DW4 had that conversation with him yet?

Re: FB Update: Watson would like to pick the brain of Lebron James

Jun 29, 2016, 10:28 AM

Haha so our guy likes Lebron too. All you fools hate on him. He proved you all wrong in the finals. Great to see this. Finally another Tiger who loves LBJ. It happens to be the greatest Tiger. I am not alone! Thanks DW

Re: FB Update: Watson would like to pick the brain of Lebron James

Jul 1, 2016, 7:48 AM

Who doesn't like LeBron? There were some haters back in the day, mostly because they were committed to "Team Kobe" and couldn't stand that the "new guy" was better and getting more attention. But today he seems pretty universally liked. All-world talent and a great guy off the court too, unlike, say, Kobe, Michael, (insert many others here)...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic