Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Postgame Field Access Policy Reviewed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Sep 18, 2008, 5:13 PM

Fans Asked to Remain off Field until Visiting Team Departs Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Sep 18, 2008, 5:21 PM

I cant belive they are going to let one isolated incident ruin the tradition.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't get mad at the University, get mad at the idiot.***

Sep 19, 2008, 8:31 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get mad at the University for letting 2 idiots ruin it for

Sep 19, 2008, 8:32 AM

everyone else...Once again the University is all about their public appeal.

Thats what the University should do- get mad at the idiots*****

Sep 19, 2008, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Don't get mad at the University, get mad at the idiot.*** ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Saw the incident on the CSS replay last night.

Sep 18, 2008, 5:27 PM

TOB appeared a little "stand-offish" as well. He went towards the Clemson fan. I am not saying what the Clemson fan did was right, just saying I am not sure TOB "handled the matter" as gentlemanly as stated. I am probably wrong, though.

BTW, I thought calling those time-outs when he did was not very gentlemanly, either. Was he going to get 18 points in that final 7 seconds?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

what the heck happened?***

Sep 18, 2008, 5:32 PM

Who cares about the timeouts. He has 'em, he can use 'em.

Sep 18, 2008, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Saw the incident on the CSS replay last night. ]

I didn't feel disrespected in any way by him calling timeout. Maybe I just don't know when I've been disrespected...

But approaching him after the game? What does that accomplish? Nothing. Why not just enjoy the victory and let the Smushpack contemplate their loss on the way back to Raleigh?

it was like 1000 degrees, they were going to lose regardless

Sep 18, 2008, 5:38 PM

it was a sore loser thing to do. just run out the clock, take the loss, and let's move on.

Understood.

Sep 18, 2008, 5:45 PM

But he made a choice, which was well within the rules of the game. Sore loserish? Maybe, but so what - its not like he pulled a Woody Hayes. Is calling a timeout that reason enough to try to start something with the head coach? I don't think so.

Nonsense. His team has a lot of work to do and if he wanted

Sep 18, 2008, 5:46 PM [ in reply to it was like 1000 degrees, they were going to lose regardless ]

to use those timeouts to practice a few things then he can use them.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't want him to call those timeouts. It was miserable out there. But that's his right, just like he can throw the ball as much as he wants. Don't like it? Leave the game.

null

Re: Nonsense. His team has a lot of work to do and if he wanted

Sep 18, 2008, 5:48 PM

You and me against the world, Wookie!

I'm with you

Sep 19, 2008, 1:31 PM

I like a coach that will play to the end.....I just dont like T.O.

Fans should not have said anything to O'Brien, but he

Sep 18, 2008, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Who cares about the timeouts. He has 'em, he can use 'em. ]

has had his part in some douchebaggery, as well. Whining after the game about Dunham's hit on Ryan was stupid, as was calling timeouts at the end of the game.

I hope we beat him like a yard dog every year and our fans keep their mouths shut.

Thanks for the reminder. I knew he had complained

Sep 18, 2008, 6:00 PM

about something else Clemson-related.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Seriously - you don't know when you've been disrespected.

Sep 18, 2008, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Who cares about the timeouts. He has 'em, he can use 'em. ]

DF woulda spit baccy on his shoe, CTB shook his head in disbelief . . .

Not appropriate.

Re: Saw the incident on the CSS replay last night.

Sep 18, 2008, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Saw the incident on the CSS replay last night. ]

it's not ungentlemanly to call time out to try a few plays in an effort to score

Typical over-reaction

Sep 18, 2008, 5:34 PM

I bet someone who sits behind the visiting team has said a nasty thing to visiting teams before.

We need to clear out fans from the first 15 rows behind the visiting teams too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

Shhhhh!! Don't give them ideas.***

Sep 18, 2008, 5:35 PM

A friend of mine yanked the snot out of Taneyhill's ponytail

Sep 18, 2008, 5:37 PM

...after the game back in '94.

If only we'd fixed things back then, this never would have happened with TOB.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

What the balls is your sig about?***

Sep 18, 2008, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Typical over-reaction ]

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."- Robert E. Lee
"Strike the tent." - Robert E. Lee's final words
"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Clemson Day at the State House:

futurama, a tv show.***

Sep 18, 2008, 6:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

a criminally underrated tv show!***

Sep 18, 2008, 6:54 PM

I would rather CU reach in such a way than the ACC.

Sep 18, 2008, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Typical over-reaction ]

It's clearly a PR move intended to preempt any action by the ACC, such as installing a rule ala the SEC or CUSA that prohibits fans from the playing surface and fines the school when fans come on the field to celebrate a victory. Which would you prefer, Clemson's way or the ACC's way? I'll take Clemson any day of the week.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Parity***

Sep 18, 2008, 5:44 PM

Well, he shouldn't have called that time out!

Sep 18, 2008, 6:00 PM

...not saying what those guys did was good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Clemson Postgame Field Access Policy Reviewed

Sep 18, 2008, 8:08 PM

I thought the needs of the many out weighed the needs of the few or the one (in this case the TWO).
Punish all for the action of one or two. I saw the incident.

Sep 18, 2008, 8:24 PM

Can someone explain exactly what happened? I haven't been able to see any video on it. Thanks

Sep 18, 2008, 10:16 PM

This is rediculous. All those security cops and they can't "protect" a hated visiting coach? The Valley ain't been the same since little kids can't jump the walls with their fathers at the end of the game. Head coach is scared he may have to give out an autograph or shake a hand. Next, there will be another reason to ban pass-out stamps at half-time. But please send more money.... "How much should we give? but they only answered 'more, more, more...'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is just one more reason fans shouldn't rush the field

Sep 18, 2008, 10:18 PM

It is childish and juvenile for fans to rush the field after a win anyway. It is dangerous and someone could get hurt especially our star players. It uncalled for and makes us look weak. Storming the field after an NC State win? Makes us look like a joke. Keep the idiots off the field.

They should publish the fans name and address and let

Sep 18, 2008, 10:59 PM

Tigernet do the rest!!

Re: This is just one more reason fans shouldn't rush the field

Sep 18, 2008, 11:00 PM [ in reply to This is just one more reason fans shouldn't rush the field ]

Has nothing to do with a win or a loss. It is a tradition. I did it as a kid and I want my kids to do it. Something else that makes Death Valley special that we do not want to lose.

It's a Clemson tradition you m0ron. Maybe you should

Sep 18, 2008, 11:10 PM [ in reply to This is just one more reason fans shouldn't rush the field ]

pull for another school because you don't sound like a Clemson fan to me.

are you that stupid??***

Sep 19, 2008, 8:38 AM [ in reply to This is just one more reason fans shouldn't rush the field ]

Screw Oil, burn Lungers

Your post is just one more reason fans shouldn't post on TN***

Sep 19, 2008, 10:05 AM [ in reply to This is just one more reason fans shouldn't rush the field ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate to be one of those people accusing others of being a

Sep 19, 2008, 3:51 PM [ in reply to This is just one more reason fans shouldn't rush the field ]

Coot, but I'd hate even more to be wasting my time posing as my rivals fans in order to talk trash.

^^^^^^^^^Now there's a retarted comment^^^^^^^^^^^*****

Sep 19, 2008, 9:47 PM [ in reply to This is just one more reason fans shouldn't rush the field ]

t

You've gotta be freaking kidding me

Sep 19, 2008, 7:08 AM

One incident out of how many times Clemson fans have poured onto the field in the last few decades? And now they're suddenly reviewing policy? This is a joke. If they want to prevent verbal abuse to coaches, maybe they should ban open containers at tailgates (good luck with that). Or maybe they should ban cheering at games, just in case one of us 80,000 people accidentally says something bad to the opposing coaches, players, referees, fans, media, police force, coaches in-laws, little Suzy sitting next to us, university executives, etc. We sure wouldn't want a coach's feelings to get hurt.

You've gone TOO FAR, athletic department. This is a crappy knee-jerk reaction. If you want to punish someone, how about track down the effing moron that caused the incident? The rest of us know how to act, I'm pretty sure.

Re: You've gotta be freaking kidding me

Sep 19, 2008, 5:22 PM

Cool off, hot rod. That's the kind of reaction that got all this started.

They will never be able to enforce it

Sep 19, 2008, 1:34 PM

I'm sure the 65 year old lady that weighs about 90lbs will be able to use her bright yaller shirt to keep people off the field....right after somemone points out "there is still one visitor on the field."

They ring the field to try to keep people from jumping the wall. Doesn't stop a single person.

Arrest a few people who go on the field.

Sep 19, 2008, 4:34 PM

Easy way to enforce. In the NBA, NFL, MLB, or NHL if you came on the field before, during, or after the game, you would be arrested for trespassing. At the end of the day there hae been incidents around the country of drunk fans rushing on the field and taunting opposing players that just want to leave the court or field. In one case a drunk fan ran straight at the player and the player knocked the kid unconsious. From a legal/risk management perspective, I could understand why Clemson would want to place restrictions on access to the field.

Sep 19, 2008, 5:01 PM

Welcome to big-time college football. It used to be nice going to the game with maybe 40k people and having a good time. We won a few and lost a few more,but it was a good atmosphere. The kids ran on the field and the adults WALKED down to join them. Now the idiots run on the field before the game is over and the drunks are everywhere. Like most everything in this so-called country,there is no CLASS only ###.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic