Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't get it..cOOTs ranked 5th preseason but lost QB, #1 DE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Don't get it..cOOTs ranked 5th preseason but lost QB, #1 DE

Jun 20, 2014, 1:28 PM

in the nation & others..but some ranking experts think they'll be in Top 5..and in Top 10 at worse.

With that in mind why does Clemson's losing a top notch QB & #1 WR mean more to us negatively than their losing a top notch QB (IMO since beat us 2-3 times) & a #1 DE.

Is it the HC's smartness..their stoudt (did you see what I did here?!) lines..being a SEC Team who just reloads, or whatever?

What say you?! GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't get it..cOOTs ranked 5th preseason but lost QB, #1 DE

Jun 20, 2014, 1:36 PM

I don't understand all the Gamecock love either. We'll see how it works out. I look for them to go down. Not up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2014, 1:39 PM

They will struggle this year and possibly be unranked after we beat them in DV.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2014, 1:40 PM

They have spurrier and typically wins a lot. I think they have 3 consecutive 11-win seasons, which speaks volumes when the polls listen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2014, 1:44 PM

Only team to finish inside top-10 last three years besides Oregon and Alabama. Probably has something to do with it as well.

Jun 20, 2014, 2:18 PM

Is there a trophy for that?

Jun 20, 2014, 3:26 PM

Probably not a trophy. But I'm sure there will be rings.

Jun 20, 2014, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't get it..cOOTs ranked 5th preseason but lost QB, #1 DE ]

> Is there a trophy for that?

Nope, but there is no denying it either.

Jun 20, 2014, 8:58 PM

There are rings

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 20, 2014, 1:45 PM

Nobody is giving us much chance against UGA or FSU so with a 3-0 start the Tigers will be top 5 for sure.

3-0 start and 2 top 10 wins on the road... should be #1.

Jun 20, 2014, 1:51 PM

However, the Dawgs will be kicked to the curb and the SEC bias won't let it happen. Just beat GA and anything can happen...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2014, 1:49 PM

Pay know attention to pundits! They are all mouths and even pundits know its all hot air form exposed orifice.

Here's my take from Savannah Bill

Jun 20, 2014, 1:59 PM

1. Clemson is being underestimated esp. our Defense. Take advantage of that in Vegas.
2. Spurrier has done a good job with his "roosters" on the field. In the classroom, not so much.
3. SC's 2nd string QB whooped us two yrs ago. He is back. Stoudt is underestimated. I look for him to come our strong.
4. SC returns Davis. We lost our starting TB and this years RB's are ready but unknown.
5. Always always SEC bias in media. And sometimes (not always) to the chagrin of Clemson fans, it is earned.
6. Brando grew up in LA. He is an SEC host and big LSU fan. His daughter attended LSU and Ole Miss.
7. This is Dabo's and our Tigers' year to beat SC. That's right! Right in Death Valley where we can enjoy a few libations after the game.

That's how I see it. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ This says it all ...***

Jun 20, 2014, 2:10 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ This says it all ...***

Jun 20, 2014, 8:36 PM

Picked to win the SEC east ? That is awesome. That means you get to be the sacrificial lamb in Atlanta .
When was the last eastern champ crowned SEC champ ? Oh yeah , 6 years ago . That is why it makes me giggle when they talk about SEC depth , or speed , or national rankings. There is LSU and the two Alabama schools ...and then a bunch of average. No beteer no worse than the rest that are trying to compete at the NChampionship level.
Take it easy Coots , preseason rankings get you no more titles than you have right now ....which is 1....that is 45 years old. LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Here's my take from Savannah Bill

Jun 20, 2014, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Here's my take from Savannah Bill ]

Help me understand your #2, the facts contradict you.

Jun 20, 2014, 5:48 PM

Link?

Jun 20, 2014, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's my take from Savannah Bill ]

God you ####### losers are pathetic.

Mods need to clean out garbage #### lovers like yourself.

null

Whatever

Jun 20, 2014, 2:12 PM

makes us look better. I'd rather lose to a top-10 coot team than an unranked coot team

Build em up to tear em down!

Don't care...just like any other season

Jun 20, 2014, 2:31 PM

I will pull for my Tigers and against the Coots every week. Even if they disappoint me and win every week, this just means that they will be higher than 5 when we humiliate them in late November, expose them for the fraud they are, and set the world back on its proper axis.

Like it or not, SC will have one of the best OL in the

Jun 20, 2014, 2:48 PM

country and will be strong at running back. Their QB won at DV two years ago, despite not playing well last year. SC got a major DL JUCO to help replace Clowney and Quarles and are moving to the 3-4 on defense to take advantage of their defensive gains/losses. The WR will be good also, despite losing Ellington. Defensive secondary will the weak spot. If SC gets just average QB play (i.e., he does not lose any games), SC will be very good again. Read some pre-season magazines.

Re: Don't get it..cOOTs ranked 5th preseason but lost QB, #1 DE***

Jun 20, 2014, 3:05 PM

Re: Don't get it..cOOTs ranked 5th preseason but lost QB, #1 DE***

Jun 20, 2014, 3:05 PM

OVERRATED!!!

That's alright, let them get big-headed before the big fail

Jun 20, 2014, 3:28 PM

in Death Valley - let 'em come in # 1 and they will fall big time - whatever!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's alright, let them get big-headed before the big fail

Jun 20, 2014, 4:39 PM

I think it's based on their SEC speed........

Newsflash they aren't ranked 5th preseason

Jun 20, 2014, 5:50 PM

one bozo does not equal preseason ranking

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Considering how weak the SEC East has looked in the

Jun 20, 2014, 6:25 PM

recent past, they're likely projected to only lose to Auburn in the league. We've already seen the odds against us at season's end.

It's gonna be some kinda barn burner of a season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Considering how weak the SEC East has looked in the

Jun 20, 2014, 6:51 PM

They will lose about 3 or 4 easily (AUB/Clem/TAMU) and Mizzou/Fla or UT will probably hang one or more on them .
I think they are weaker at 2 major positions of need (DE/CB) and we all know that despite his winning in DV 2 years ago , Thompson is not nearly as good as Whats his name was . Mike Davis ? We stopped him cold and so did UGA , so when he plays good defensive front 7's he is minimized. I don't know why anyone thinks that their wr's are a strength ...somebody ?
I think that Coot Country is about to step back to its football reality after a nice sustained run.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 20, 2014, 7:18 PM

You don't know much about Carolina. They return the best offensive line in school history.Picked to be the best in the SEC. Dylan Thompson is a proven QB. Led the win over Clemson two years ago when Shaw was injured and could not play the game. Have a stable of tough running backs led by Mike Davis, James brother. He will be pushed by Brandon Wilds, 6-2 225 and Redshirt David Williams, 6-1 230 runs a 4.4. Receivers are very good. This should be Spurrier's best offense yet. The defense falls off a little at DE but interior line will be deeper and better. Linebackers are as good as any in the SEC. Secondary will be more athletic and solid.One of the best field goal kickers in the land. This team picked to win the SEC East. This my friend are some reasons why the ##### are pre season #5. They are a tough challenge for anyone they play. Probably the Tigers toughest opponent this year. Good to have them at home.

The Coots at home tougher than FSU on the road

Jun 20, 2014, 8:00 PM

What are you smoking?

Jun 20, 2014, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't get it..cOOTs ranked 5th preseason but lost QB, #1 DE ]

Take off those burgundy glasses

Jun 20, 2014, 8:29 PM

Coots in DV is our #3 toughest game behind FSU on the road and UGA in Athens. Louisville and UNC aren't far behind the Coots where that is concerned.
Boy , some folks with that garnet kool aid mustache huh ?

DB23

Jun 20, 2014, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't get it..cOOTs ranked 5th preseason but lost QB, #1 DE ]

You are correct I dont keep up much with UNC.

null

Jun 20, 2014, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't get it..cOOTs ranked 5th preseason but lost QB, #1 DE ]

lol you dumb #### you actually think you are a tougher opponent than FSU.

null

Jun 20, 2014, 8:02 PM

This way when they lose they can climb back up easier. Its how they fix it for the sec brainwash machine

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic