Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another head scratcher re: tOSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Another head scratcher re: tOSU

Aug 14, 2018, 2:00 PM

So Zach Smith gets a DUI, doesn't report it to Meyer, then pleads to a lesser offense that still results in a 6-month license suspension, but Meyer doesn't notice? And none of this super close knit coaching staff knew about that, either? If I suddenly had one of my employees show up to work in an uber for 6 months straight, I think I would probably have a question or two.

Not suggesting it changes anything about the current situation in Columbus, but just that there appears to be a culture of denial, concealment, and "speak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil" around there. Urban is either complicit in the lack of disclosure, or is is painfully oblivious. Either way, it reflects poorly on him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another head scratcher re: tOSU

Aug 14, 2018, 2:03 PM

I’m sure he drove on the suspended license. Many do it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably true, but that is also horrible judgment

Aug 14, 2018, 2:13 PM

Then I suppose as far as Urban is concerned, ignorance is a valid excuse. And I still find it hard to believe that no one on the coaching staff knew.

But I will move on...no need to beat this horse any longer. I am pretty sure I know what the outcome of this investigation will be, regardless of what facts end up being proven.

Don't forget that the judge that lowered his sentence

Aug 14, 2018, 2:12 PM

after the OVI is a top OSU booster

Re: Don't forget that the judge that lowered his sentence

Aug 14, 2018, 5:05 PM

A judge in Columbus that went to OSU? What are the odds ??

“The judge does not “reduce” charges in Ohio. The prosecutor and defense dispute and argue evidence, eventually negotiate a plea, and then their plea agreement goes to the judge, who accepts the plea 99.9999% of the time.”

First time offenders generally are granted “reduced sentences.”

Aug 14, 2018, 2:15 PM

Urban is complicit and not painfully oblivious... what he truly hopes is that people buy his feigned ignorance but he's going to learn that ignorance is not an excuse...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 2:16 PM

Always been like that. Clarett, the tatoos, the pervy wrestling doc, the diving coach. That there is no look in the AD himself is mind boggling

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like the Buckey Mafia

Aug 14, 2018, 2:22 PM

is running that town.

have you been to clemson lately?

Aug 14, 2018, 2:47 PM

you can live 5 miles from campus and never need a car now. heck, they have shuttles running to greenville now.

I duuno how this could stay out of urban sight with all Michigan folks running around, but it is possible to get tbrough school without a car. I didn't get a car until I inherited my great grandmother's Malibu when I was 21.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I live 3.5 hours away but am in Clemson at least 20 times/yr

Aug 15, 2018, 8:49 AM

I have a son in school there.

I know they have a better shuttle system for STUDENTS than they had when I was in school, but I don't see a full-time football coach using that as his sole means of transportation, and especially not doing so without anyone noticing

There is validity to the point about provisional licenses for suspended drivers, but as pointed out, these come after a trail/court appearance and hours and hours of alcohol and/or defensive driving classes.

Good points, but I am still not buying it.

Re: I live 3.5 hours away but am in Clemson at least 20 times/yr

Aug 15, 2018, 10:28 AM

He was sentenced in the city of Dublin Ohio's Mayor's Court in April 2013. He pleaded guilty to a charge of physical control, a first-degree misdemeanor. Along with a suspended license, Smith had to complete 72 hours of driver-intervention courses. According to court records, Smith he allowed limited driving privileges. Koffel, his attorney, said that included the ability to drive on recruiting trips and other trips related to his job.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24367343/former-ohio-state-buckeyes-assistant-coach-zach-smith-says-did-not-tell-urban-meyer-2013-drunken-driving-arrest

I guess that settles that***

Aug 15, 2018, 10:35 AM [ in reply to I live 3.5 hours away but am in Clemson at least 20 times/yr ]

Aug 14, 2018, 2:50 PM

Not sure about Ohio but in SC can’t a DUI offender get a restricted license to drive to work if it is a first offense. Seems like that use to be the case but not absolutely sure.

yep, and I haven't heard of a repeal of it either...***

Aug 14, 2018, 4:30 PM

Aug 14, 2018, 3:30 PM

He was also required to take a 72 hour class per ESPN. I am sure a fulltime collage football coach has time for that??. No one at OSU noticed ??

Aug 14, 2018, 5:28 PM

It might be like here in NJ as well. You can have a first offense and still drive but you have to use a breathalyzer before starting the car up. I know someone who recently had this happen and thats his punishment essentially. Not sure for how long though.

What is the love affair

Aug 15, 2018, 10:58 AM

With trying to bury Urban/tOSU alive. It's their house...their problems...their credibility/integrity/reputation. What happens will happen...same as Maryland...and, well, I wanted to say UNC, but...

The ONLY thing that matters in any of these events elsewhere is they should resonate LOUDLY and CLEARLY with Clemson, from top to bottom and side to side. Keep your nose clean...the ship tidy...and the current culture blooming. Those are the issues Clemson can control and all that we as fans and supporters should be concerned with. Oh...and feel blessed Clemson isn't in the media for the wrong reasons. That's a 'Kangaroo Court' if ever there was one.

Go Tigers! Yell across Those Hills...forever!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic