Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU and taggert: Has anyone been on an FSU board or
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,614

FSU and taggert: Has anyone been on an FSU board or

Oct 23, 2018, 10:09 AM

talked to any FSU fans to gauge if they seem content to give Taggert some time to imporve the Noles or are they already getting anxious to get rid of him? I say that's a little pre-mature but we know how Nole fans are!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barring a nasty scandal or something, no coach is going

Oct 23, 2018, 10:24 AM

to get less than two seasons. I don't think it matters at all what the fans on Warchant think.

Taggart has always been more a builder anyway. He's never gone into a job and made a huge impact immediately. It's been year 2 or year 3 before his programs have really taken a leap.

What's different this time though is he didn't take over a complete dumpster fire. Jimbo certainly left some problems behind - the OL is terrible and has been a problem for several years now and there were seemingly discipline and team chemistry issues toward the end of Jimbo's tenure - but this was still a pile of gold compared to what Taggart has inherited at other stops. Yet you do have to wonder if maybe last year's 6-6 finish wasn't just a fluke. Maybe there was more wrong with FSU than everyone assumed.

Barring a major upset over Clemson, ND, or Florida, it looks like FSU is heading towards another 5-6 win season. After two clunkers in a row i think everyone at FSU will expect to see some progress next year. If Taggart fails to deliver that I'm sure he will start to feel a little heat, but i really expect him to still be coaching there until at least 2020.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't disagree with anything you said. thanks!***

Oct 23, 2018, 12:51 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taggart's in over his head

Oct 23, 2018, 10:28 AM

Let's hope someone else hires the WF & Cuse HC's before WT's time runs out @ FSU. Both of them would be dangerous down there.

Good HS buddy is an FSU grad

Oct 23, 2018, 10:32 AM

He still believes in WT but there’s plenty of the fan base that is questioning the hire. He definitely appears to be in over his head from what I’ve seen and the recruiting hasn’t been nearly as good as they were expecting.

Maybe Willie T could...

Oct 23, 2018, 10:54 AM

talk Kelly B into coming down to Tally and taking over for Frenchy next year. With that OL they have down there KB would be running on just about every play... running for his life!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of people were surprised when FSU hired Taggart...

Oct 23, 2018, 11:04 AM

Notwithstanding his final two seasons at Central Florida (8-5 and 11-3 respectively), his results as a head coach haven't been particularly impressive. In fact, his all-time win loss record is two games below .500 (51 - 53).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: A lot of people were surprised when FSU hired Taggart...

Oct 23, 2018, 11:15 AM

He was never at Central Florida.....we all know what his record is.

Should have read South Florida***

Oct 23, 2018, 12:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: FSU and taggert: Has anyone been on an FSU board or

Oct 23, 2018, 11:19 AM

I think it was the best hire that could be made at the time. Who out there was better??? You have to give him some time. Nobody said Dabo was going to come in and win championships 10 years ago but look where they are now. WT is a players coach and he cares about off the field as much as on. This team had culture issues and deficiencies at multiple positions. It will take time to his his guys in. I think that hire is better than giving some washed up P5 coach a second chance.

Re: FSU and taggert: Has anyone been on an FSU board or

Oct 23, 2018, 11:29 AM

This is off the FSU boards. Seems pretty level headed to me.

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Board/36/Contents/Clear-Progress-has-been-made-123577435/

No, but from what I've read

Oct 23, 2018, 12:52 PM

Taggart seems pretty sure of himself that his "team", especially defense, is just as good as ours!!

We'll see about that!

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,614
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic