Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson ranked inside top 14 of BCS standings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson ranked inside top 14 of BCS standings

Dec 1, 2013, 8:42 PM

Clemson ranked inside top 14 of BCS standings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if LSU fans want Les Miles fired?

Dec 1, 2013, 8:53 PM

9-3?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder if LSU fans want Les Miles fired?

Dec 1, 2013, 8:55 PM

well, Clemson fans are calling for Dabo's head and we just won 10 games...we aren't too far from that mentality at the moment...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 9:28 PM

it's the 10 wins against a weak ACC and please don't mention Ga ; they were mediocre at best check the record on top 25 wins versus losses

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 10:13 PM

along with Alabama, LSU also lost to UGA and Ole Miss...

Don't confuse him... He needs that SEC teet....***

Dec 1, 2013, 11:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dabo would earn some cred if he'd win a state championship

Dec 1, 2013, 8:57 PM [ in reply to I wonder if LSU fans want Les Miles fired? ]

much more a natty.

are you guys thru throwing coaches under the bus that have taken their programs to the pinnacle of college football in defense of one that's lost 5 straight to his less talented instate rival?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this***

Dec 1, 2013, 9:11 PM

Well, 2 years after reaching the pinnacle, instead of

Dec 1, 2013, 9:14 PM [ in reply to dabo would earn some cred if he'd win a state championship ]

building on that momentum, his team has lost 3 games, finished in 3rd place in it's division, and is ranked behind that coach who has lost 5 straight to his less talented instate rival, not to mention losing to him in the bowl last year. That would be unacceptable here on T-net, as he has obviously lost focus, is resting on his laurels, and has things clearly headed in the wrong direction. Besides, he's always been an idiot screwball. Oh yeah, and his luck has run out against Saban (who may be an a$$hole but never loses a game).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

don't confuse me with some of the idiocy going on here

Dec 1, 2013, 9:31 PM

smiling, i'm not asking for dabo's head, i want it fixed.

9 years after reaching the pinnacle, the greatest football coach at clemson got canned.

#### happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My apologies - just trying to maintain some perspective.

Dec 1, 2013, 10:10 PM

Wanting Les Miles fired, as ridiculous as it is, could be rationalized, just like firing Dabo is ridiculous but can be rationalized.

I agree Dabo beating the coots would do wonders for his legacy and probably for the program. On the other hand, losing 6 in a row is unimaginable and unacceptable. While I don't favor firing Dabo, I sure hope he understands this.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

understood and yeps, there are munitions for all sides.

Dec 1, 2013, 10:25 PM

when clemson spends the kind of money it has in facilities[more to come], coaches and staff, somewhere there needs to be expectations set.

i wouldn't think back to back thrashings at the hands of fsu & 5 straight to scar would be acceptable, but maybe they are.

if they're not, then fix them.

if we can only beat fsu at full strength once every four years... so be it.

if we win only win 5 of 10 from scar, that's ok too, if that's realistic.

what i don't find realistic is what we have against the 2 annual opponents we need to beat in order for dabo to realize his team's stated goals.

fsu can be a monster again; they will be hard to handle if they get on a roll.

scar isn't 5 straight better than clemson except on the sidelines. there's a lot included in that imo.

“Good is the enemy of great.” ? Jim Collins***

Dec 1, 2013, 10:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

heck yeah, but i think dabo is a tireless worker, never

Dec 1, 2013, 10:40 PM

complacent or it's not a word i'd associate with the man.

there just seems to be something missing...

How can we NOT confuse you with some of the idiocy going on

Dec 1, 2013, 10:10 PM [ in reply to don't confuse me with some of the idiocy going on here ]

here? I has the confuse.

you can do anything you want

Dec 1, 2013, 10:26 PM

at alice's restaurant.

:)

Is Alice's akin to Kennedy's?

Dec 1, 2013, 10:29 PM

lbu wants to know.

tell him to walk right in, it's around the back

Dec 1, 2013, 10:37 PM

just a half a mile from the railroad track...

he can get anything he wants at alice's restaurant.

Did they lose to their rival 5 years in a row?

Dec 2, 2013, 2:43 PM [ in reply to I wonder if LSU fans want Les Miles fired? ]

Oh yeah doesn't he have a national championship?

There's something in these hills.

Re: Football Update: Clemson ranked inside top 14 of BCS standings

Dec 1, 2013, 9:01 PM

Miles is way better than Swinney.

haha, yeah, unless you let head2head get in the way.***

Dec 1, 2013, 9:02 PM

Bewm!

Dec 1, 2013, 9:14 PM

Crickets

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i'm not sure which side is populated with more idjits...

Dec 1, 2013, 9:34 PM

can you give a brother a hand?

Dec 1, 2013, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson ranked inside top 14 of BCS standings ]

I cannot believe I just read that. Miles is an idiot.
LSU wins in spite of him.

Since FSU I've thought we deserved to be ranked in low-teens***

Dec 1, 2013, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson ranked inside top 14 of BCS standings ]

Dec 1, 2013, 9:05 PM

Score!

Dec 1, 2013, 10:39 PM

Anybody that blames Dabo for this loss clearly didn't watch the game. I've seen people saying Dabo didn't have them prepared and blah blah blah but no one ever explained how Dabo caused 6 turnovers from the sideline. Aside from the opening drive that game was called about as well as it could've been. We were driving up and down the field on them outside of a few stalls and we shut down the SEC leading rusher. The players gave this game away to the coots and y'all have failed to mention that. And no it hasn't been everyone but this is to the ones that have been blaming Dabo.

Dec 2, 2013, 8:34 AM

Agree to a certain point but maybe he didn't watch enough past game footage on the coots. And I blame him for not getting a hold of Morris and stop throwing the ball all together. Stick to the running game all game and not just when convenient. And I blame him for not getting a hold of venables and say "guess what play Carolina is going to run on 3rd and long" cause think most of us knew it was gonna be a draw play to shaw. But somehow they didn't see it. Guys, that Carolina team is horrific. It's such a joke to see that team ranked where they are. It's even more of a joke to see us ranked where we are after loosing to such a terrible team. But here's y'all some coot logic...we beat UGA, UGA beat the coots, well we lost to coots but because we beat UGA, then last Saturday is really a tie.

Dec 2, 2013, 10:24 AM

10 & 2, 10 & 2 the sky is falling!! , the sky is falling!
Call out the calvary!!! We've lost the whole world!!!
Thank God we're not 2-10. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. 2 loses to 2 top ten teams do to 10 turnovers. Ball security can be coached, taughted, and shown. But, coaches can't carry, help hold the ball during plays, or tell the players when to sqeezed the ball, or relax during plays. It up to a ball player's mentality or determination to finish what he started. These areas of the game can be adjusted, dealt with or changed. Guess what, they will never go away. It comes will the territory. Just hope, they're not at a crucial time, or during a big game. Injuries are the same, they can't coached, & won't stop happening. No matter whats taught, what training, or what equipment. Its still costly before, during, and after a game. In college football sometime you win with it and sometime you loose with it. SO lets continue to build depth and hope for the best. At least were in the Top 25 and not bottom half of the college football world.

Dec 2, 2013, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson ranked inside top 14 of BCS standings ]

One call or play doesn't loose a football game. Had that ball been thrown earlier or on line and caught. This wouldn't be a discussion of that game. Woulder, shoulder, coulder. No guarantee that he would have caught the ball even if he was wide open in the endzone, or even if Patton Manning had thrown it. All we can do is give ourselves a better change in the next game by reducing turnovers. Especially during high profiled football games. Because, every ball game are BIG ball games. Everytime we don't win the big one or something goes wrong(and it will)during crucial game we will be throwing coaches under the bus, or calling to fire them, one after another from now to eternality. Still spending and grambling hoping to land the lucky one. Too be successful, football requires a lots of luck in all area of the game of football. Ask Auburn & Muzz, etc.(last second mircales), or Georgia & Florida who beat the gamecocks(injuries can be costly). Sometime you win, some you lose no matter whats your team's record is at moment. Ask Ohio State or Alabama.

Message was edited by: oldschtiger70®

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic