Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dont be fooled. This isnt about race at all.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1,875

Dont be fooled. This isnt about race at all.

Jun 14, 2020, 8:49 PM

1) The COVID experiment was to see if we'd be willing to give up our rights... and we did.

2) Systemic racism is being viewed as a "pandemic" in Cali.

3) Mich proposed legislation to view racism as a "public health crisis".

-Christianity has been under attack the last couple years as a vessel for White Supremacy.
-Conservatism as a whole has been branded as White Supremacy by some leftists.

How long until attacking racism evolves into attacking Conservative values and principles, and Christianity? Theyve already been loosely labeled racism, so is it that far fetched? Is it far fetched to think that talking about our past will be hate speech? And you think they wont actively suppress that under law?

Once racism evolves into encompassing all Southern & Conservative culture, the govt will go after it. And theyll do so using the precedent set that the govt can take our rights in the face of a "pandemic" and "public health crisis". It will be anything from censorship to physical suppression.

Dont have blinders on. All of this is blown up to keep our focus on names and statues so we miss the bigger picture.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dont be fooled. This isnt about race at all.

Jun 14, 2020, 8:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder how many in Germany looked like...

Jun 14, 2020, 8:59 PM

conspiracy theorist when a guy with a weird mustache held a couple of protest and gave rise to populism against the "elite" (white America)? I wonder if all those that became ashes thought they missed the signs in hindsight.

Always amazed how two sides can see things so differently

Jun 14, 2020, 9:15 PM

In your eyes, the people speaking out against racism in the US are like the folks that instituted the worst kind of racism and genocide.

Can you explain that to me better? I’m slow on my uptake today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I try to look at things based on principle...

Jun 14, 2020, 9:18 PM

not right vs wrong. I run a business, and someone came into my place wearing BLM. Is it my right to shut that down, yes. But I want to uphold free speech and respect our Constitution even though it doesnt apply to my private enterprise. Others look at themselves as being right and that means anything they do that might be bad or wrong is okay, bc its in the name of right and makes it virtuous. Almost EVERYTHING is opinion, so there is no right or wrong, but the Media is selling us something other than that.

This post makes sense

Jun 14, 2020, 9:25 PM

Your first post... oh boy

Yes, I can explain...

Jun 14, 2020, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Always amazed how two sides can see things so differently ]

Speaking out against racism is perfectly okay. But labeling all critics or those with different views as racist is not okay. Its a bully tactic to silence opposition. Very few are going around saying that cop brutality is okay. Its not. But if I say I dont believe in defunding the police but rather put more money into reform and training, then Im racist. Per BLM, if Im silent and dont back them, then Im against them. Again, thats per BLM, their words, not my interpretation.

So now my view is silenced and ridiculed bc Im racist. There are sources that "prove" systemic racism using stats. These same sources have stats that in fact will "disprove" it. Well if thats the case, then isnt it opinion and debatable vs just right and wrong?

This is about pushing an agenda, and they hiding behind racism bc people wont speak up in fear that they get branded racist.

Re: Always amazed how two sides can see things so differently

Jun 15, 2020, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Always amazed how two sides can see things so differently ]

Let me try to explain...BECAUSE YOU ARE FAKE! You are being used by the elites (Pelosi and dems). Nearly everything you do is opposite of what it should be.

If black lives mattered, you'd go to Chicago and save a dozen or two black people every weekend.
If black lives mattered, you'd see that government dependence has done nothing for six decades but create what we have now.
If black lives mattered, you would be doing something besides posting on TNet about how much black lives matter
If black lives mattered, you'd look at the root causes of why blacks do not succeed that can be changed...things like why black youth that do their homework get bullied and crucified by thugs for acting white. THIS is precisely the environment YOU are creating for black youth, and this is one of the primary reasons that when your kids die after a long life, this same conversation will be going.
If black lives mattered, you would know that telling them they cannot succeed because of whites will do nothing but lower expectations because white people are not going away which perpetuates status-quo.

I don’t know who or what you’re talking about

Jun 15, 2020, 8:22 PM

But somebody forgot their meds these past 24 hours

Jun 14, 2020, 9:03 PM

Remember this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

and this,

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2011/07/11/announcing-strong-cities-strong-communities

https://www.infowars.com/united-nations-openly-hijacks-u-s-police-departments/

Yep! One of the first things Hitler did was to...

Jun 14, 2020, 9:05 PM

defund police. Once they do that, and give rise to civilian authority, theyll be free to roam around and suppress as they see fit. And theyll do so with virtue bc theyve been brain washed by the Media into thinking their right vs wrong, not opinions.

More fake news...try getting your history lessons from

Jun 14, 2020, 11:51 PM

from places other than social media.

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:9038360005

Inaccurate...

Jun 14, 2020, 11:55 PM

Hitler defunded local police and empowered SS troops as replacements which were specific to the Nazi party and not the German people. He did this before he moved them into a total dictatorship and abolished all other political parties.

Do some history research...

Jun 14, 2020, 11:59 PM [ in reply to More fake news...try getting your history lessons from ]

its ironic to yell FAKE NEWS by disproving it using another news source.

You’re comparing the Peace Corps to Hitler?

Jun 14, 2020, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Dont be fooled. This isnt about race at all. ]

Obama, July 2, Colorado Springs, CO: [As] president I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots [from 75,000] and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals, like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their effort connected to a common purpose.

People of all ages, stations and skills will be asked to serve. Because when it comes to the challenges we face, the American people are not the problem – they are the answer. So we are going to send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We’ll call on Americans to join an energy corps, to conduct renewable energy and environmental clean-up projects in their neighborhoods all across the country.

We will enlist our veterans to find jobs and support for other vets, and to be there for our military families. And we’re going to grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy. We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set.

We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded. We need to use technology to connect people to service. We’ll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where American can browse opportunities to volunteer. You’ll be able to search by category, time commitment and skill sets. You’ll be able to rate service opportunities, build service networks, and create your own service pages to track your hours and activities.

This will empower more Americans to craft their own service agenda and make their own change from the bottom up

I wont speak for him...

Jun 14, 2020, 9:55 PM

but my issue with the Strong Cities, Strong Communities plan was that he implemented it in a way that bipassed Congressional approval, and saw spending upward of $500 million. Looks good on the surface, but another poor precedent of big govt that gets to bipass our Representative Republic practices. Again, he did it bc he thought it was right.

So back to my first post... what happens when the govt decides your beliefs arent right anymore. Will big govt squash them? And before you respond with anything Trump related... Im not Republican either.

I’m too confused to try to answer

Jun 14, 2020, 11:15 PM

Worried about losing southern, conservative, Christian culture but not republican.

Anger over a $500 million bypass of congress but not others that cost much more by current and other administrations.

The slippery slope argument that attacks on racism will be an attack on Christian ideology and conservatives (unless you are stating those are all tied together).

My beliefs so far have not been in contrast with any US government to date, so I haven’t spent any time worrying about what will happen. I don’t worry about an asteroid hitting me either. I have other things to worry about. As a fellow business owner, I assume you do as well.

I am making the slippery slope argument...

Jun 14, 2020, 11:29 PM

Few govts take over immediately and violently. Even Hitler rose to power through legal methods after he was released from jail for violent protests. But people are willing to give away a little bit of their rights bc they think who ever is in charge has their best interests... well they may, but what happens when that power gets passed on to someone who abuses it?

Im not religious. But I respect peoples right to practice whatever they choose. I dont want to see that oppressed. Im fiscally conservative, but socially liberal. But that doesnt mean I just follow the media blindly either. I do have reservations about true systemic racism. Though I do believe we have a system with racists in it. But those are two different things and Im sure you can distinguish those.

Me tying Christian and Conservative values to racism is due to hearing it from leftists and the Media. A lot of it has been deemed hate speech, and has justified public universities from having Conservative speakers on campuses (Ben Shapiro for sure). I myself have enjoyed attending speakers from both sides of the party line, and I think its vital that people be exposed to both.

$500 million was a good program but Obama got to that through improper channels. "but not others..." is an assumption and not true at all. I have a lot of issues with Executive Orders and spending by an inflated govt.

I do have other things to worry about. But not keeping an eye on and questioning the govt leads to people waking up one day and wondering, how the hell did we get here. Over the last 100yrs, govts around the world have killed 270 million of its own people, not including war. History tells us that govts almost always turn on their own.

We have politicians that hijack every human rights issue and make it a party issue (George Floyd) and keeps anger alive and people divided. The Media stokes the flames, too. If youre trusting of it all then thats your opinion. But things have escalated for years now, and its showing no signs of slowing down.

Again... Always amazed how two sides can see things so differently

Jun 15, 2020, 12:08 AM

I’ve seen this argued in current times: what happens when that power gets passed on to someone who abuses it?

Ill tell you whats worse than that...

Jun 15, 2020, 12:17 AM

The majority of people who voted for Obama didnt see him doing things as an abuse of power bc they thought he was right. The same for Trump supporters. "it doesnt matter if he did it worng, it was the right thing to do". People arent objective enough to see how the Constitution is infringed upon constantly. They think if its something they believe in, then its okay and justified.

The Constitution doesnt need to be rewritten, it needs to be reread.

Jun 14, 2020, 9:25 PM

You need a padded room.

Jun 14, 2020, 9:26 PM

We have guns. They don't. It'll end quickly.

Everything changes. Theres no narrative thats written in stone. Your outcome is one possibility. There are others that can happen. Pay attention. Vote. Educate. Speak and do your own protest. Dont forget to breathe.

This is the dumbest shid I’ve ever read.

Jun 14, 2020, 10:58 PM

Please hand in your GOP membership card or surrender it to someone who doesn’t believe in aliens.

So you trust the govt not to turn on its own if the wrong...

Jun 14, 2020, 11:03 PM

people get power? Bc history says otherwise. Dont think America is above being like every other Republic that has fallen.

They already have. See the Nixon administration.

Jun 15, 2020, 12:05 AM

The fight is to keep the current administration from doing the same.

Yep. One could argue it happened under Obama, too.

Jun 15, 2020, 12:14 AM

He had many policies that attacked freedom of religion under the guise of acceptance. ACA also infringed by forcing people to purchase a product. Thats not a tax no matter how they spun it. You may argue it was a good thing, but again, another dangerous precedent set.

Under Bush we ALL got attacked. The Patriot Act is the single most intrusive piece of legislation that has ever been passed that affected everyone. I wont compare it to Jim Crowe laws. But the Patriot Act set the precedent that govt is allowed to assume we're all enemies of the State. They can bypass our rights and the judicial process based on suspicion. They record 2 million phone calls per day (I think, dont quote me on that). So the govt of the people, by the people, and for the people FEARS the people... but we should follo them blindly?

And anyone who believes systemic racism is real should look no further than that as evidence that the govt will turn on its own. In a world where we are more and more polarized, and violence in the name of political gain is becoming normal and praised, is that far fetched to see the govt getting more and more radical?

Im not saying it happens tomorrow, but very dangerous precedents are being set right now. And people on both sides are okay with it if it satisfies there interests. Nobody ever wonders "what happens if the power I give my representative falls into the hands of my opposition". Thats a dangerous question not to ask IMO.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1,875
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic