Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't Sell Kelly Bryant Short
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 88
| visibility 1

Don't Sell Kelly Bryant Short

Aug 4, 2018, 5:57 PM

I agree with the author

http://allsportsdiscussion.com/2018/08/04/dont-sell-clemson-qb-kelly-bryant-short/

We've got good a problem to have with our QB battle. It hasn't deteriorated to whats happening down in Alabama.

I really believe we can win big with either QB.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He chose Clemson...

Aug 4, 2018, 6:06 PM

He won't be sold short. We all have opinions, but we also support EVERY member of the team and decision made, without reservation. Dabo & staff make certain everyone has the opportunity they deserve and the support they need. A player committed to Clemson has a school committed to them...and a fan base, too!

Spot the ball! Go Tigers!

Re: He chose Clemson...

Aug 4, 2018, 10:20 PM

Well stated, Salty! And yes I do hope he knows that we support him and know what he did last year. Dabo will never treat one of our players the way Jalen is being treated.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't Sell Kelly Bryant Short

Aug 4, 2018, 7:10 PM

No way he is great at the short pass!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 9:45 PM

Tell’em coot

Bryant would be the starter about anywhere in the country.

Aug 4, 2018, 7:22 PM

We’re fortunate he’s a Tiger !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bryant would be the starter about anywhere in the country.

Aug 4, 2018, 7:29 PM

Well said!

I remember last year this time we would take a 9-10 win season after DW4!

Aug 4, 2018, 7:45 PM

And KellyB got Clemson (us) 12 wins & ranked #1 in the CFP!

We should be ashamed to degrade this great young man & try to ride the tails of an unproven freshman who just happens to be the best QB in High School but knows Jack Shiit about beating 5 teams who won 9 or more games, won the ACC & had Clemson ranked #1 in the CFP.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good grief, now we're "degrading" him by pointing out

Aug 4, 2018, 9:25 PM

the obvious fact that he's not a great passer. You can see it on film, you can see it in his stats...Kelly Bryant is not a great passer. That's not degrading, it's just a ####### fact.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good grief, now we're "degrading" him by pointing out

Aug 4, 2018, 9:47 PM

Show me on film. I’ll be waiting with the crickets

Aug 4, 2018, 10:09 PM

VT game..
Watch it... The whole thing, not just the okay passes... Watch how inconsistent it is, how many times he over throws.... Why his completion percentage was not even above 59%.

Aug 5, 2018, 11:21 AM

We beat the breaks of VT. KB played very well you need to watch it cause you bring this game up all the time and it makes you look foolish

Re: Good grief, now we're

Aug 5, 2018, 12:56 PM

Actually, you are the one looking foolish...maybe you should actually LOOK at the stats instead of just spitting out BS nonsense.

Yes, we beat the brakes off VT...BUT it wasn't because of KB.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400937481

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/3728240/kelly-bryant

KB had a 60 yard pass CREDITED to him in that, but the majority of that minus about 15 yards or so was Feaster running the ball after a mid-range pass. In total KB was only 186 yards passing in that game and 1 passing TD, 0 rushing TD's and only 94 yards rushing. It was his 3rd lowest completion percentage of the entire season @57.1%...guess what, NC State and Bama were the only 2 games he completed worse (and you have also been mentioning NC State as a good one for him). Congrats...31 points on the board and he was credited for..only 7 of them, which was the pass that Feaster did the majority of the work and ran about half the field to get. So out of KB's 186 yards, about 45-50 of that was Feaster running, do he actually had about 136 yards passing... And you think that's good??

Tavien Feaster also rushed one of the TD's, so did CJ Fuller...and you can credit Dorian O'Daniel for his pick 6 as well. In the end, the RB's did 3 of the 4 scores (not counting the FG) and you want to act like it was all Bryant with his roughly 135 yards worth of real passing not taking on yards Feaster ran after the catch?? Give me a break. Let me know when you come out of your blindness to see the reality.

Aug 5, 2018, 1:10 PM

Watch the first half

Aug 5, 2018, 1:13 PM

Watch the first series... Two back to back overthrows... One good pass to Renfrow later, ended in a FG.

Sorry man, you won't convince me 135 yards passing, 3rd lowest completions of the season and getting credit for Feaster's long run receiving TD is great.

Aug 5, 2018, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Good grief, now we're ]

Watch the RB do all the work...ball caught on the Clemson 48 (only 4 yards from the line of scrimmage), Kelly standing at the 32...52 yard run by Feaster...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS0mF1kE8KY

Sorry, think I'll credit Feaster more for that one... And that is the only passing TD Bryant had in that game.

Aug 6, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Good grief, now we're ]

Ask the VT coach who made the biggest impact on that game ? Now ssh

Aug 6, 2018, 10:32 AM

wait, I thought all you care about is scoreboard....

So who scored more, Feaster, or Bryant??

Our games from last year are on YouTube

Aug 4, 2018, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Good grief, now we're "degrading" him by pointing out ]

pick one of them other than USuCk or Miami and just watch. He doesn't even consistently throw a good screen pass. Even some of his big completions betray him, like the fact that if he hits Tee in stride on third down against USuCk, Tee scores easily. Instead he has to wait on the ball and thus get tackled.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our games from last year are on YouTube

Aug 5, 2018, 11:24 AM

How about Louisville? Auburn ? Gtech? Nic state ? We won them all except two games last year. Jeez

Aug 5, 2018, 12:44 PM

Auburn doesn't prove his passing is great, FWIW. 181 yards, 0 passing TD's...65% completions. Only 14 points on the board (all by his runs, one of which was only 3 yards). It shows Auburn didn't defend his running. BUt I think what speaks more in that game is the 6 points Auburn had. We won that game because 1. our defense didn't allow them one single TD...sacked Stidham 11 times...and 2. Neither Kerryon Johnson nor Travis Etienne were in the game, which Johnson being top 20 in rushing yards by season end was a game changer...Etienne, though a game changer, would have taken from KB's run game some...could have meant KB scored less...none of the other RB's in that game eclipsed 20 yards.

Aug 5, 2018, 1:12 PM

Nobody said he’s a great passer and you don’t have to Moron

Aug 5, 2018, 1:50 PM

That guy was talking about Bryant's passing, you come in retorting with Auburn. Maybe try staying on the subject there. Wouldn't exactly call the guy who can the moron, especially since he is making your argument look dumb. Great, glad you keep spitting out the final record and ignoring the individual game stats when they are shown to you... Too bad you don't care about the full why of it being that way.

Aug 6, 2018, 8:27 AM

I'm talking bout KB the all around player that took us back to the playoffs when no one thought he could. I know #### well you didn't think he could

Aug 6, 2018, 10:19 AM

Oh wooptie...he took us back to the playoffs...while playing a 3-6 FSU with its 2nd string QB and still only managing 151 yards and no passing TD's in that game. (you know, the same FSU that usually is undefeated and is the team that if you lose to, you don't go to the ACC-CG...which then means no playoffs). Let's see what happens when Francois retakes the spot. Congrats Kelly...you made it to the playoffs...and then didn't score 1 time in it.

Aug 6, 2018, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Our games from last year are on YouTube ]

And HE was still talking about the passing...so yeah, you keep changing the subject tryiong to make people look at rushing because you F'n know you can't make his passing look great:

Direct quote of what you responded to:
"He doesn't even consistently throw a good screen pass. Even some of his big completions betray him, like the fact that if he hits Tee in stride on third down against USuCk, Tee scores easily. Instead he has to wait on the ball and thus get tackled. "

Now what does that have to do with KB rushing the ball??

Aug 5, 2018, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Our games from last year are on YouTube ]

How about Louisville? Auburn ? Gtech? Nic state ? We won them all except two games last year. Jeez

Aug 5, 2018, 7:00 AM [ in reply to Good grief, now we're "degrading" him by pointing out ]

How many college quarterbacks are "great" passers. Kelly Bryant is a solid leader, does what is asks, moves the chains and leads the offense to wins. You "fans" that keep throwing up the "he can't hit the deep pass, he is not a great passer, blah blah" are the ones that are being short. It doesn't take a ####### idiot to see he is a pretty good quarterback.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 9:33 AM

...for the record, the last 2 dual threats that started for Clemson both were....both had at least 900-1000 more passing yards a season (more than the entire yardage of KB's running game worth last season) and at least 20 more passing TD's a season than KB.

And as for the "can't throw a deep pass"...well, the stats speak for if he could consistently. Can he throw one here and there, yes....can he consistently, no. Apparently, some of you are sitting in denial.

Past 20 yards...
11-43 25.6% completions
considered as bottom 25th percentile.

Aug 5, 2018, 11:03 AM

These are KB’s passing numbers against the 4 best defenses Clemson faced last year.

Alabama: 18/36, 124 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs

Virginia Tech: 12/21, 186 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs

Auburn: 19/29, 181 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs

FSU: 20/30, 151 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs

He didn’t eclipse 200 yards passing in either game. He threw 1 TD in 16 quarters of football. He completed 25% of his passes thrown beyond 20 yards, 46% of his passes thrown beyond 10 yards, and his average completion traveled 5.6 yards through the air. If we are looking at those numbers objectively, it’s safe to say that he is a terrible passer. He had a couple of months to improve his passing before the spring game, but he didn’t. Again, if we are being objective, KB looked like the worst QB on the roster in that game. How much did he improve this summer? I don’t know. But, I don’t think he has a very high ceiling, so I doubt he made any substantial improvements.

Aug 5, 2018, 11:30 AM

He didn’t have too against 3 of them

Aug 5, 2018, 2:00 PM

Nope, because the RB's bailed him out of VT, the defense allowing no TD's vs AU bailed him from that scenario, and FSU's imploded 3-6 record offense and our defense again did in that game, FWIW (I'm sure his 0 TD, 151 yards passing didn't).

Aug 5, 2018, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Good grief, now we're ]

How many games did Boyd win? And how many times did he beat the coots ?? Next

Aug 5, 2018, 1:10 PM

How many undefeated FSU's (not 3-6 FSU) did KB beat like Tajh to earn the Atlantic? And Tajh had 2 back to back 11 win seasons while beating undefeated FSU's, FWIW. Was a consistent top 10 SCar his crutch yes, but then again, didn't they get in trouble for their recruiting violations during that time frame by the end of it?

...but he doesn't move the chains.

Aug 6, 2018, 1:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Good grief, now we're "degrading" him by pointing out ]

At least not at a rate consistent with what our offense has done in the past. We had fewer first downs last year than in any year since Stoudt, and before that it was 2010 to find a lower output. Our offense did enough to win games, but was not great last year, and a lot of that starts with KB.

Aug 5, 2018, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Good grief, now we're "degrading" him by pointing out ]

He is a good passer when he is not throwing high out of the strike zone. Williams and Leggett would have caught many of those balls. When he was on, he could go 14 of 14, hit long cross field passes in the flat, connect on lofted long balls and find the open receiver. When you pass, two of the three things that can happen are bad.

Re: 2 of 3 things are bad

Aug 6, 2018, 9:33 AM

Right, which is why we ignore open receivers, run the ball into the line for a 2-yard gain, and go 3 and out. Again. The proponents of this philosophy call it "trusting the defense."

This isn't 1988. You know, when Danny took an All-American WR from Summerville High and got him drafted into the pro's as a TE. Remember Keith Jennings? He'd be perfect for a Kelly B type offense.

Re: I remember last year this time we would take a 9-10 win season after DW4!

Aug 4, 2018, 9:32 PM [ in reply to I remember last year this time we would take a 9-10 win season after DW4! ]

So wait... People are "degrading" him by simply discussing his OWN stats? Question, has anyone discussing it made up lies about anything, or have they just discussed the reality of his final production beyond just talking about a record or focusing only on his running side of the game? If it hurts some of you to hear and see his real life stats, you probably should just stay out of topics about the QB's.

Re: I remember last year this time we would take a 9-10 win season after DW4!

Aug 5, 2018, 6:49 AM [ in reply to I remember last year this time we would take a 9-10 win season after DW4! ]

One of the reasons we were rank #1 was so we would have to play Bama at #4. Follow the money! All of the SEC teams had just lost...Alabama, Ga, and Au. Normally in the old days, that would have kicked each of them out of the national title hunt. But, not the Sec. They had to try and get both teams to the NC game. It worked this time around.

I am not sure whether KB or TL will quarterback as the starter. It will no matter in the wins column until the end of the year. With our talent all over the field, we should win in spite of who starts. The best quarterback will be the one who can pass or run and utilize all of our talent at receiver hitting downfield passes to open up the running and short passing game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Bryant would be the starter about anywhere in the country. ]

No he wouldn’t. I know we love and support our Clemson Tigers but his numbers last year were horrible and less bama no one had close to the D we had. Be realistic.

Would he have started any team in the big 12? Probably not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 8:51 PM

Prove it. List his numbers and compare them to Deshaun's first full year for us, please.

Aug 4, 2018, 9:17 PM

What’s that got to do with DW4 first year numbers. The statement made was KB would have started for every d1 team last year.

I’ve stated 100 times on here KB is a great person, glad he chose Clemson, works hard good leadership etc but he’s an average at best college qb.

You take an average qb on an average team and they’re probably going to be a bc or wake usuck.

As for the numbers, they’ve been posted on here a bunch this summer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 10:03 PM

Dumb as a rock

Aug 4, 2018, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryant would be the starter about anywhere in the country. ]

DW: 67.8% 4104 yards 8.4 ypa 35 TD 13 INT 156.25 QBR 273.6 YPG

KB: 65.8% 2802 yards 7.0 ypa 13 TD 8 INT 131.73 QBR 200.1 YPG

Not close. DW had an extra game since his first full season we played for the national championship, but regardless, almost three to one on TDs, 25 points on the QBR, an extra 75 yards per game....the only thing that's similar is the completion percentage and KB's came by way of the coaching staff playing to his strengths and taking far fewer downfield shots.

Do you like being WRU? Because choosing to play a guy with those stats over what looks like an elite passing QB is how you stop being WRU.

Aug 4, 2018, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryant would be the starter about anywhere in the country. ]

OK, how about vs Tajh Boyd as well....and several other upper level, playoff/championship contending/Heisman winning/top NFL now passing QB's in the last decade while we are at it (along with several ex-Tiger QB's that aren't necessarily regarded as the "best" QB's Clemson has ever had)... This is him vs all their best years in college:

That really what you wanted to see?? There's miles of difference. Not one QB from Boyd down has less than 3500 yards except Cam Newton...who just happens to have, with similar yardage as KB, 17 more passing TD's, over double KB's.

Aug 4, 2018, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryant would be the starter about anywhere in the country. ]

DW4 had 35 td’s in 2015. Kb had, 8?

Aug 4, 2018, 9:53 PM

KB 13 TD's, DW4 35 in 2015.... The 8 on KB in his post is interceptions.

Aug 4, 2018, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryant would be the starter about anywhere in the country. ]

Comparing him to Deshaun is unfair and does little for the argument of whether or not Kelly should start. Deshaun was a far better passer with twice the yards and nearly triple the touchdowns in his sophomore year.

The only stats of Kelly’s I need to know are 305 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, and a 58% completion rate. Those are his combined passing stats from the Auburn and Alabama games. 8 quarters against elite defenses and he can’t manage a single touchdown and is lucky to complete half his passes.

Kelly is an incredible athlete and an even better guy. He’s good enough to win the ACC and get us into the CFP every year. But when he plays against defenses with athletes as good as him that can take away his running abilities, he struggles to move the offense. I’m rooting for him to continue improving since he’s a relatively young quarterback who converted from wideout during HS, but if he doesn’t improve a change should be made.

Aug 4, 2018, 10:00 PM

Comparing him to Deshaun is fair, under the assumption DW shows the elite side....it looks about the same way vs Tajh Boyd too. Should people compare him to non dual threat QB's of Clemson, or the last 2 dual threats?

Aug 4, 2018, 10:05 PM

I’m saying it’s unfair for this specific argument. DW is gone. When discussing whether or not Kelly should start, the only people Kelly should be compared to are the guys on the roster.

In the grand scheme of Clemson QB’s, absolutely they should be compared since he replaced Deshaun. But that comparison means nothing in a 2018 QB battle.

Aug 4, 2018, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryant would be the starter about anywhere in the country. ]

You are dumb as a rock

Aug 4, 2018, 9:51 PM

Nm

See I know you've won the argument

Aug 4, 2018, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryant would be the starter about anywhere in the country. ]

because you resorted to insulting him.

Aug 5, 2018, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Bryant would be the starter about anywhere in the country. ]

He would start for every team in the acc and sec east

Aug 6, 2018, 6:17 AM

You really believe that? lol

To your point Kerrigan

Aug 5, 2018, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryant would be the starter about anywhere in the country. ]

KB was not 1st team All-ACC, not second, not third, not honorable mention. Some of these KB fans have more support for KB than the Tigers. And I hope they do not throw the baby out with the bath water. These fans appear oblivious to TL being in top three for the Heisman race, and they lump TL in with HJ and Korn. They miss that Korn and HJ were not considered for the Heisman nor was the GOAT DW4 as a freshman. They miss TL is highly considered based on his work in camps with pro QBs. They miss TL is a Heisman favorite because these same scouts saw Clemson's QB performance last year. They forget Dabo has called TL much farther along than the freshman DW4. They are stuck on the fact that team chemistry and Dabo's knowledge of QBs exceed every coach and scout in the country. Well, Dabo's no fool. He is watching the injury situation at QB and every position and thinking about when he will let TL take the reins while maintaining team chemistry. In the end, it will be self-evident.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To your point Kerrigan

Aug 5, 2018, 11:35 PM

Not sure you’ll read this response but thank you for the response and for spelling out intelligently what I can’t seem to do most of the time.

There are several of you that really know football and the team. It’s a joy to read y’all post as I learn so much and gives me a tremendous amount of perspective. Just wanted to put that out there as so many of us really appreciate it.

In the end, I truly feel most everyone wants our Tigers to be the best. I feel strongly that this team has a great chance to win it all.

Agree with the thrust of the article. Two good QB's

Aug 4, 2018, 7:42 PM

I think it is Kelly's job until Trevor or Chase prove they should be the starter. I don't think that is likely to happen in practice. It will take game performance. I think we will have two good QB's who will play early and put much pressure on opposing defenses. If one proves he should be the man, I will fully support him. I do not see how anyone can reach a conclusion based on the Spring Game although Trevor looked great and Kelly had a bad day. That and high school is not a sufficient sample size to reach a logical conclusion in my opinion. I trust our coaches to make the right decision.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 7:58 PM

Been saying this all summer. KB is a stud and he better option for the Tigers in 2018.

KB is a great youg man...

Aug 4, 2018, 8:22 PM

But he is not going to beat an Alabama type team in the CFP. Clearly cannot stretch the field enough.

Sure if you want to give him the job bc of seniority and existing equity in the program he can beat all the teams on our schedule until the CFP.

TL would put up video game numbers.
With KB we eek by weak teams.

100% Dabo will stick w KB and TL will have to earn his stripes. I hope the Aggies have a pulse this year so we can get into deep water early so we can clearly see TL is THE ANSWER.

That being said, you’d have to have some cahones to start TL but if you start him early he will be seasoned by the time we get to CFP. But, he’s not going to start so it doesn’t really matter. Get ready for the Cole Stoudt offense for most of the season.

exactly..with bryant it will be like last year

Aug 5, 2018, 1:09 PM

we will struggle to beat teams we should be destroying.

Re: KB is a great youg man...

Aug 5, 2018, 2:25 PM [ in reply to KB is a great youg man... ]

Did Watson beat bama the first time? Nope his interception might have cost us the game. No it did cost us the game

Aug 5, 2018, 7:03 PM

OMFG... Are you seriously that dumb? Is the only thing you care about a final score? A final record?

So, let me get this stupidity straight. You think KB losing to Bama is equivalent to DW's 5 point loss to Bama? Ok, let me ask you this... Did KB THROW for over 400 yards vs Bama, or even a third of that? Because DW4 did.

DW might have lost, but he still set a National Championship game record in that game, one that broke a Vince Young record and STILL stands.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2607074-deshaun-watson-breaks-vince-youngs-total-yards-record-in-a-national-title-gamea

Please, just stop trying to defend him if you can't do it rationally. You look ignorant trying to say an interception in a total yards record setting game which he threw for over 400 yards vs Bama makes things equal.

Aug 6, 2018, 8:33 AM

Yes I care about the final score ! Duh and you call me dumb LMAO. You can have all the stats in the world but if the scored board say lose then you lose.

Aug 6, 2018, 9:45 AM

There's a huge difference in losing not making one single TD, and losing while breaking National Championship history records, scoring 4 passing TD's and 40 points, with over 400 yards passing against one of the top 3 defenses. You really should never talk football at all if you can't understand that difference.

Without DW4 Bama whips behind

Aug 6, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: KB is a great youg man... ]

In both natl championship games ... the coaches and players believed in DW4 and his guts, and as a result, laid it all on the line

Without DW4 Bama whips behind

Aug 6, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: KB is a great youg man... ]

In both natl championship games ... the coaches and players believed in DW4 and his guts, and as a result, laid it all on the line

Anybody who sells KB short, thinks it's a given that he

Aug 4, 2018, 8:06 PM

can't win the job outright, or that the only way he can is if Dabo gives it to him because of seniority or out of blind loyalty, is a fool. I have no idea who is going to win the job, or if we have more than one QB start this year. I am aware of KB's struggles last year throwing the ball downfield (we all are) and the way that limited our offense. I am also aware that TL is the most highly touted HS QB in years, maybe decades. We'll see, but KB is a great athlete who is still growing as a QB, plus his has invaluable experience at the absolute highest level. We're in great shape at QB regardless, and we should all be happy about that, and in knowing that Dabo and his staff will have the best QB running the show.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Or Maybe they didn't watch the Miami game***

Aug 4, 2018, 8:08 PM

Re: Anybody who sells KB short, thinks it's a given that he

Aug 4, 2018, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Anybody who sells KB short, thinks it's a given that he ]

What we know is both QBs will play as Dabo has already said as much. My guess is that KB has packages that utilize his skillset where he challenges teams with his legs and in short yardage situations.

Personally I think TL gets the majority of the snaps as the season goes on because you can’t coach his God given talent and you take advantage of that talent when it comes.

Our 3 QBs to me personally still make up the best QB situation in the county even after the transfers. It truly is a good “problem” to have and we have the perfect coaching staff to keep it from becoming a problem. Looking forward to our next natty this year.

Agree***

Aug 4, 2018, 9:57 PM

I may be a fool ST but I harbor suspicions

Aug 5, 2018, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Anybody who sells KB short, thinks it's a given that he ]

that Dabo will start KB in early games based upon loyalty and team chemistry, and I feel no less of a Tiger fan for saying so. And I believe Dabo will be looking to expedite TL into starting position as soon as real competition and a potential loss rears its head. Most posts I read seem to state a version of ... "start the senior because he is a senior, and go with the better passer and kid with the much higher ceiling when needed." That's just how I see it, and I welcome all opinions. Do you see it differently? Anyone on Tnet want to place bets on who has better college or pro careers?

Aug 4, 2018, 8:29 PM

The article cited the example of three natty champions that lost the next year. Not a fair comparison to following DW4 and our situation. Those teams were one hit wonders, not at all what we were or are.

Most likely had the same record had any of our qbs been handed the keys... HJ or CB had they been prepped from the get. It’s no mistake, KB was decided he was the qb in February. Only way it wasn’t going to happen is if HJ or Chase been a DW4.

We won and made the playoffs because of our D. No one says we can’t win the majority of our games with KB this year, maybe even win the ACC. Just don’t think we can win it all with him, mainly because of what the article says. We were too conservative... we were conservative by design. We had to give KB the plays he could execute.

We don’t have to that anymore because we have TL and CB. Dabo spells a lot of this out in his interview on tci.

I like KB, but in Syracue game he FAILED.

Aug 4, 2018, 9:55 PM

When he was unable to run due to medical issues, it became clear that he was unable to win the game by being a passer. His passes were not crisp or accurate. His weakness was exposed.

I hope his passing skills have improved. But freshman QB is already showing that he has superior passing skills.

I personally think we should play both QBs this season.

Re: I like KB, but in Syracue game he FAILED.

Aug 5, 2018, 7:08 AM

When he ran into "medical issues" during the Syracuse game, he should have been taken out. They left him in there too long. This is on the coaches for not having Hunter Johnson ready. I guess KB should be ashamed of himself for being knocked out and getting hurt, not to mention giving up all those passing yards on defense. Shame on him for giving up 27 points to Syracuse. There is so much "dumb" in this thread, it's not even funny.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 9:39 AM

And as you'll see above, you're one of it.

And yes, it's on KB as much as it is the coaches that he even played. He should have never taken the first snap with his ankle not being 100%...as a run heavy QB. It was evident in the first series he was still injured and hindered, running and planting back on it passing.

BTW, did he make a single TD (pass or run) in that game while he was in for most of 2 quarters? Just asking, because from what everything shows, he was on a good run at having a Bentley game... Racking up a bunch of meaningless yards but never finding the end zone.

Aug 5, 2018, 11:08 AM

Riiiiiiiight Tigerman, get back to me when Dabo comes to you for advice. Until then, your opinion means nothing to me.

Aug 5, 2018, 11:16 AM

And yours means nothing either...regardless, it's opinions and this is a public board with differing ones. Put up with others having one that differs from you...that's life.

Oh, and btw, I spent a good bit last year saying Hunter should be above Cooper...how'd that work out?? Did Dabo eventually cut the same BS "he's been better at practice" talk they've been doing in this situation and eventually put Hunter over him not long after the Syracuse game?? Which of the two transferred first? I'll hang up and listen.

Aug 5, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I like KB, but in Syracue game he FAILED. ]

He has no clue

Aug 6, 2018, 8:19 AM

I have more of one than you seeing you think his performance in the Bama game matches a 400 yard record performance DW4 had... And you seem to think he'd have started over 1st All-ACC Lamar Jackson, 2nd All-ACC John Wolford, or 3rd All-ACC Ryan Finlay while not even making honorable mention. ^_^
https://theacc.com/news/2017/11/27/2017-all-acc-football-teams-announced.aspx

Aug 6, 2018, 8:36 AM

I didn't say that you liar

Re: liar

Aug 6, 2018, 9:22 AM

You said KB would start for every team in the ACC and the SEC East.

He pointed out that Kelly wasn't even in the top 4 in the ACC last year, and in this year's preseason he's very reasonably considered the 3rd-best returning QB in the conference. But that consideration omits either of FSU's QBs, since we don't know who will start, but either one is better than KB. So he's considered the #4 QB in the conference if he keeps playing well enough to start.

Tell us again who's the liar.

Aug 6, 2018, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: I like KB, but in Syracue game he FAILED. ]

Oh really??

Aug 6, 2018, 9:47 AM [ in reply to I like KB, but in Syracue game he FAILED. ]

YEP YOU DONT USE YOUR LEG OR ANKLE AT ALL WHEN YOU THROW THE BALL HUH. SMFH

I never have.

Aug 4, 2018, 10:50 PM

I still think TL is going to take his job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never have.

Aug 5, 2018, 10:42 AM

All four of our qbs are outstanding young men. Having said that now we must look at what makes a qb successful. He must be able to run the game on the field, make the right read on the rpo, make the right read on the zo, check into a different play based on where the corners and safeties are lined up, negate blitzes by te screens or dumping off to a back in the flat. Another thing is pocket presence which is a gift not a learned skill. Lets be perfectly honest with ourselves, KB struggled most of the time in all of these areas and by doing so limited the play calling and reduced our overall production.

As Yogi said, "When you come to a fork in the road you take it." Well, here we are again at the fork in the road. I just hope that every one is given a fair and equal shot to prove himself before we decide which fork to take. JMO

Message was edited by: Purple Gunstock 15®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say "Amen" but I'll add one caveat - the body language

Aug 5, 2018, 10:16 AM

during the Spring game was just very concerning.

I believe KB has the strength to rise to the occasion and do what needs doing to keep his starting job.

But there's no way around how he looked and acted during the Spring game.

Good news is, we have the coaches to help him AND the culture to be sure we don't have the mess Alabama has right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo and TE have calibrated KB's body language ...

Aug 5, 2018, 1:51 PM

since Bama and Spring game by telling KB that is the surest way to lose his job.

Re: Dabo and TE have calibrated KB's body language ...

Aug 5, 2018, 11:51 PM

Unfortunately, according to the article in the state newspaper, kb missed 4-5 longer passes during the limited time the press saw them. Said he had the same demeanor as the other occasions you just posted.

I hated to hear that about the first practice back. I’ve got to feel that last year 2017 spring that he was told early that he was the guy. Kinda a wink and a nod perhaps. Anyway, point is he kinda knew it was his and no real competition and that let him relax and play as good as he did.

Now he can feel the real pressure of competition and has to be pressing on every pass.

Replies: 88
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic