Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I feel bad for Jeff Davis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I feel bad for Jeff Davis

Mar 29, 2018, 12:01 PM

He pours his heart into the football program with PAW Journey. These guys get more character building and post graduate preparatory services than perhaps any other football team in the country. That’s what makes yesterday’s developments so disappointing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Player Armed Wobbery?***

Mar 29, 2018, 12:20 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: Player Armed Wobbery? R u serious

Mar 29, 2018, 12:26 PM

spelling it that way? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you in the 3rd grade?***

Mar 29, 2018, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Player Armed Wobbery?*** ]

He is, and he always makes A's in sandbox.***

Mar 29, 2018, 1:03 PM

now that's a good 'un right there.***

Mar 29, 2018, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Player Armed Wobbery?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't. If you look at the program as a whole, those two

Mar 29, 2018, 12:27 PM

guys represent a statistical outlier. Jeff, Dabo and everyone involved do an amazing job, but they can't always be 100% successful. I think it's a better testament for the program when you look at guys like Watkins and Cain who had trouble early on, but seemed to really turn it around while at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Don't. If you look at the program as a whole, those two

Mar 29, 2018, 12:34 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Don't encourage her.***

Mar 29, 2018, 1:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't. If you look at the program as a whole, those two

Mar 29, 2018, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't. If you look at the program as a whole, those two ]

Where does the blue chip keep going ?

Sounds like a question Muscoot asks his staff after their signing days .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I doubt Jeff considers any young person he mentored

Mar 29, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Don't. If you look at the program as a whole, those two ]

a statistical outlier, that's not what good people do and I believe Jeff to be one of the finest.

I get IT, Clemson football churns out more of those destined for sprinkles than not, but I'm sure Dabo, Jeff et al. all know pain in their heart this day and for good reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course, I'm not even suggesting they are not feeling

Mar 29, 2018, 1:08 PM

pain. Those two guys were in the program for quite a while, Jeff and Dabo got to know them both well.

But they know what they signed up for, and they can do the best they can and help a lot of young men along the way. But in the end, they can lead a horse to water...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Ok, then why not allow the OP to feel for Jeff's pain?

Mar 29, 2018, 1:20 PM

It seems that's what OP was trying to do, empathize?

It's real, as real as the possibilities, all the possibilities, but/and makes it no less heart-wrenching when it goes south.

I understand where you're coming from and it's easy to dismiss it when you're not directly involved by suggesting they should focus on the 97% & not the other ~3. I imagine people such as Jeff are more affected by the ones that got away. I'm proud of ever person I ever took under my wing in life or business. I've had to let some go and never stopped thinking about how I might have done things differently when it ended poorly.

They'll win more than they lose, because they care - because they care I'm sure they're hurting and I don't see an issue in acknowledging any loss they might feel.

How Coaches must feel...

Mar 29, 2018, 1:58 PM

As a parent with three kids, I know what it feels like to be completely blown away by unexpected, unbelievably bad behavior and choices. You don't quit on them or feel like a failure...you tell them the truth and try and help them grow up and "walk in the truth" as the Bible describes it.

Re: I feel bad for Jeff Davis

Mar 29, 2018, 9:37 PM

You can lead a horse to water ....

Indoctrination aside . These are young men . I don't know your age but I am nearing 50 and have memories galore of being a bad kid . Got myself arrested a few times .
That's more than 3 , ask the DSP .
I learned from it , and it is highly likely that these kids will too .
You cannot feel sorry for the Judge, he did what he could do . It's no surprise that young dudes make big mistakes. It's expected .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: I feel bad for Jeff Davis

Mar 30, 2018, 1:42 PM

In my nearly 20 years of working with young people professionally, you learn to celebrate the successes. Bad the few that fell short of the mark are the ones that bother you. I was just showing empathy for Jeff Davis, because I know how it feels to pour your heart and soul into someone and they come up short.

Armed robbery is not on the list of "Expected mistakes of

Mar 30, 2018, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I feel bad for Jeff Davis ]

the average young dude".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic