Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Doing the right thing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,096

Doing the right thing

Sep 30, 2018, 11:31 AM

Dabo and his staff did the right thing; the honest thing; the fair thing by naming TL the starter after his performance at GT. KB chose to leave rather than get out to practice determined to win the starting job back. No doubt Dabo was surprised and disappointed in KB’s reaction. Dabo loves and respects Kelly, but Dabo’s job is to win football games. When things were looking dire yesterday, I couldn’t help but think that we are not always rewarded by doing the right thing BUT doing the right thing is it’s own reward.
Yesterday’s win was a gutsy, total team effort. How will the season play out? I don’t know but I support Dabo, the staff, and our team. Keep doing the right thing, guys. Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doing the right thing

Sep 30, 2018, 11:38 AM

Very true. Things have a way of working out if you stay positive. Yesterday certainly did...and tomorrow will too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very true. Dabo played it straight up.

Sep 30, 2018, 12:46 PM

The numbers bear out his decision. A coach with less integrity might have "started" KB for 1-2 series, then benched him for the rest of every game. There are all kind of games Dabo could have played. But he didn't. KB obviously took the starter title way to seriously. KB could have played a lot of ball still. Starter means just that - starter. And not necessarily anything else. I don't know if he got bad advice, or just made a rash decision, but 10 years have borne out that Dabo will do what is best for the team, and his players, if they listen to him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,096
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic