Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does the archive here go back far enough (9/11)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,224

Does the archive here go back far enough (9/11)

Sep 11, 2019, 8:42 AM

Would like to review the day as it unfolded here on Tigernet. Anyone know if that is possible?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigernet is how I first learned of the events of 9/11

Sep 11, 2019, 8:52 AM

After I got into work and got through my morning routine of checking emails, I logged into Tigernet to check things out just before 0900. Someone had posted about the first plane hitting the WTC. When another post mentioned that a second plane had hit the second tower, most of my office gathered around a tv in our office and watched the events unfold for most of the morning....in disbelief of what was happening. It will be a day I will never forget.

#neverforget

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigernet is how I first learned of the events of 9/11

Sep 11, 2019, 9:02 AM

@BELTONTIGER?? Just wondering!! Honea Path Face!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at work in the chemical plant, and one of my operators

Sep 11, 2019, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Tigernet is how I first learned of the events of 9/11 ]

first thing that morning told me his wife had called him and said a plane had hit one of the towers. By the time I got out of early morning meetings, that had turned into a plane hitting each tower, and the first one had already collapsed. I did not usually go home for lunch from work, but did that day, to watch the aftermath and replays of the attacks on TV. I remember the blind, boiling rage at what at that time was a nameless, faceless enemy who would sneak attack innocent civilians. In that regard, 9/11 was far worse than Pearl Harbor. At least Pearl was a military objective / target, and soldiers on some level knew what they could be getting themselves into. Executives working in a multinational building were oblivious that they were about to become victims of a mass random act of terror.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A couple of years ago someone posted a link to that day.

Sep 11, 2019, 9:27 AM

Not sure if it is still available

Re: Does the archive here go back far enough (9/11)

Sep 11, 2019, 10:36 AM

I was off that day and slept late. My wife woke me and said she thought a plane had hit WTC. I turned on the TV and saw the first tower collapse. With tears in my eyes and barely able to to get the words out, I told her there are 50,000 people working in those 2 buildings. I went outside and put up my American flag, the first one up in my neighborhood. I sent a text and said this is war. It's still hard to watch those images.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,224
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic