Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone understand what the Winston situation really is?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,598

Does anyone understand what the Winston situation really is?

Sep 18, 2014, 5:26 AM

This stuns me.

The boy stands on a table and boldly gives instruction to an act that should take place between an adult couple, in private, to draw attention to himself by using the most offensive and embarrassing language. Is that the general opinion?

His punishment starts with him alone, in front of cameras, with a microphone before him, which the entire football nation and everyone else with a TV or computer will see. Is that accurate?

It ends at halftime in front of a live TV audience consisting of million of viewers, perhaps more than usual given the circumstances with almost 100 thousand viewers present. Are we starting to see the real issues here?

Nothing transpires between those two events.

This kid is a pig in a slop hole. In his crippled mind he's being rewarded for most ill conceived behavior.

Does FSU not have an adult on staff? Are they more like pimps prostituting a kid who clearly has a form of mental illness?

God help the FSU staff, grads and students if they are satisfied with this.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our culture has given rise to these types of situations for

Sep 18, 2014, 5:37 AM

one reason: we love the game more than we love the honor and integrity that should accompany it.

No doubt, old-timer coaches now deceased are spinning in their graves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doctor Tom Osborn is on the playoff committee.***

Sep 18, 2014, 5:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still remember him leading the Cornhuskers in our matchup

Sep 18, 2014, 5:53 AM

in the '82 Orange Bowl. I think he was more surprised than anyone over our victory, which he took in great stride with dignity and class, as I recall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't such a football fan in the first of Dr Tom's career

Sep 18, 2014, 6:27 AM

I do not remember his having trouble controlling the behavior of his players though. In my mind his integrity is beyond reproach. I think that is one of the qualification for being on the committee.

Osborne botched the handling of his star player far worse

Sep 18, 2014, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Doctor Tom Osborn is on the playoff committee.*** ]

Than Florida State. Anybody remember him nursing along Lawrence Phillips? How'd that turn out?
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/saraceno/2005-08-23-saraceno-phillips_x.htm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

That's new to me and I appreciate you for linking it.

Sep 18, 2014, 8:16 AM

I haven't lost all respect for Dr Tom but there's no excuse for that action or in that case inaction. He's dropped almost to typical in my esteem for him.

Re: Does anyone understand what the Winston situation really is?

Sep 18, 2014, 6:13 AM

POST OF THE DAY, MONTH, AND YEAR!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2014, 6:53 AM

Great post. I bet he gets a standing ovation when he enters the game.

Your right. A half game only worsens the situation.***

Sep 18, 2014, 7:03 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2014, 7:09 AM

Very well said, 88 and Hartins. TU to you both. Our "great society" is promoting some not great behavior.

Where are his parents, or did they leave the parenting up to people who stand to gain from him?

Sep 18, 2014, 7:18 AM

They probably blame Jimbo for not getting him a babysitter.

What would have done if your child acted this way?

Sep 18, 2014, 7:21 AM

I really couldn't say but one thing's for sure, I'd be ashamed of not doing a better job raising one of mine.

Re: Where are his parents, or did they leave the parenting up to people who stand to gain from him?

Sep 18, 2014, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Where are his parents, or did they leave the parenting up to people who stand to gain from him? ]

They already did. Mr Winston said several months ago that they needed to have someone watch over him all the time

This does worsen the situation. FSU in their feeble attempt at disciplining Winston, have put him in perfect position to be THE HERO and make his star bigger and brighter than ever!

I pray it doesn't happen but imagine this:

To begin the 3rd qtr Clemson is up by 14 or 17 pts. Crimi-Nole nation is restless and 100,000 fans go nuts when Jameis comes in to save the day.......the biggest TV audience of the season watches on....along with Herby and all the other ESPN Enablers salivating to see Winston lead his team back to victory. If successful he is carried of the field by the crazed mob, the pundits are in awe of his "admiral strength of character" and determination, and Heisman #2 is locked up!

Sports fans, FSU has not punished him with a half game suspension. They HAVE given him the ideal situation to brighten his star and once again protect him from anything resembling discipline or finally accepting responsibility. Shame on FSU, FSU coaches, and Fans.

Sep 18, 2014, 7:28 AM

Great post 88. This is exactly why the NFL is going through what they are right now. It's going to have to be policed by the NCAA somehow to punish the universities for allowing these people to be on the team in the first place. Then the NFL is going to have to vet them carefully before sinking millions in an idiot. It doesn't matter if you're the best athlete on the field if you're worst human being. It's time this country gets back to the founding fathers intentions and not the almighty dollar. This problem transcends race, gender, or anything else. This is a problem of society, and society needs to fix it now before all the kids who are growing up idolizing these fools believe its ok to act like them.

Yes

Sep 18, 2014, 7:34 AM

Bad parenting.

Well done.

Sep 18, 2014, 7:35 AM

This is the most sober, thoughtful, and comprehensive post I've read on this board regarding the Winston suspension subject.

Thank you.***

Sep 18, 2014, 8:10 AM

Sep 18, 2014, 7:42 AM

That is just how low we have sunk as a nation. It seems to have gotten even worse in the last 5 or 6 years.

Sep 18, 2014, 7:44 AM

I learned a lot about Jimbo Fisher from the way he handled the 1st few instances with this thug.

Coach Richt and coach Swinney shame Jimbo.

Sep 18, 2014, 10:09 AM

Either would have already thrown him off the team.

I work with an FSU grad and she said he should be suspended

Sep 18, 2014, 8:20 AM

for the entire gane, at a minimum.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I work with an FSU grad and she said he should be suspended

Sep 18, 2014, 8:30 AM

That's fair. Throwing him off the team would only be good for those who follow. Right now I'd be more worried about his team mates following his example and punish Winston to get their attention. Life will have to deal with Winston and trust me, life has a paddle to fit every bottom.

I'm glad he's their problem and not ours.

Well doubt he sticks around to be their problem next year..

Sep 18, 2014, 8:31 AM

assuming he hasn't scared off all the NFL scouts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Well doubt he sticks around to be their problem next year..

Sep 18, 2014, 8:36 AM

You can bet somebody will take a chance on him. The NFL is just like FSU in this regard. They only give a crap when somebody is looking.

Well said.

Sep 18, 2014, 8:27 AM

I try not to judge other teams discipline, but excellent post.

null

Sep 18, 2014, 5:47 PM

shameless bump for the 2nd shift

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,598
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic