Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone else think Johnson is on the hot seat?*
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Does anyone else think Johnson is on the hot seat?*

Sep 27, 2013, 8:49 AM

???

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does anyone else think Johnson is on the hot seat?*

Sep 27, 2013, 8:50 AM

or at least on a warming seat...

Not right now. They made it to the ACCCG and beat USC

Sep 27, 2013, 8:52 AM

(the real one) in a bowl game last year...a pretty good year in the eyes of the Bee fans.

Plus it's still early this year...they could go on a role.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Not right now. They made it to the ACCCG and beat USC

Sep 27, 2013, 8:58 AM

I agree they had a pretty good season, but that was a beat up and dream crushed real USC team and they did not really play too well in the ACCCG...the only reason they were there occurred because of such a weak coastal. I think he gets out of this season, but and depending how this one closes, this time next year if there is not any improvement, I think talks will begin. Right now they are 2 in their division behind VT I believe, so we will see.

are you 'role' playing so early in the morning?

Sep 27, 2013, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Not right now. They made it to the ACCCG and beat USC ]

smh

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely. Wondered how long before you showed up...

Sep 27, 2013, 9:07 AM

you want to be the Cowboy or the Indian this time?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

call me little deer

Sep 27, 2013, 9:12 AM

who goes swift & sure through forest.

name that show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dear Hunter?***

Sep 27, 2013, 9:13 AM

close...

Sep 27, 2013, 9:21 AM

no not really.

umm, Duck Dynasty? They kill dear on they're, write?***

Sep 27, 2013, 9:44 AM

haha, idk, i guess if a dear was dupey enough to

Sep 27, 2013, 9:55 AM

walk up asking what all the shooting was about, he might get gunned too.

oh deer.

no...their expectations year to year are 7-8 wins***

Sep 27, 2013, 9:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is spot on, and I just don't understand it.

Sep 27, 2013, 11:56 AM

Every team in the 6 major conferences should have a goal at the beginning of the year to win the national championship. Obviously, this is more realistic for some more than others. However, Paul Johnson's system has proven that it just cannot win 10-11 games per year. It just won't work. If I am the Georgia Tech AD, I would at least try someone else's system- it may work, it may not. But you know Johnson's system can't do it, so how can you not try something else? At least take a chance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they aren't going for that...their goal is to be Harvard

Sep 27, 2013, 1:33 PM

Monday through Friday and FSU/Clemson on Saturday. We all know it doesn't work this way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope not. New guy might turn program around

Sep 27, 2013, 9:04 AM

I hope he continues to run a youth league offense for the next 20 years

High schools have a more complex offensive system than they do

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...he's not IMO.....

Sep 27, 2013, 9:10 AM

I work with a number of GT alums and accroding to them, Johnson well liked by the GT administration and in no danger of losing his job...at least not right now. Of course, that may change after GT loses at least three more games this season (Miami, Clemson and Georgia)

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: No...he's not IMO.....

Sep 27, 2013, 10:03 AM

I think he is a pretty good coach. I think it would be like the current Tennessee situation if GT were to move on, but I am glad to be a Tiger fan and not having to be satisfied with 7-8 wins.

They don't care...

Sep 27, 2013, 9:23 AM

But he is the " BEST COACH IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL"... Right walt?

I've been saying it since he was hired: PJ will NOT

Sep 27, 2013, 9:25 AM

win a significant bowl game at GT (but for beating Kiffin's 6-loss r-tard squad who clearly didn't give a #### last year (UNLIKE LSU and UF), he'd be 0-for).

Their offense is absolutely a gimmick that's easy to stop when a defense has time to practice for it. Recruiting has dropped significantly since he's been there because *gasp* QBs and WRs don't want to go play the triple option. Now why they can't recruit RBs and defensive players is beyond me but he isn't getting it done.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been saying it since he was hired: PJ will NOT

Sep 27, 2013, 9:33 AM

If he had a good, durable QB like he did his first couple of years they'd be fine. However in the days of high flying offenses his style will not attract the best athletes. It would seem to me GT would be the perfect program to run a full on spread, air it out type of offense. That said, the option is a beautiful thing when it works.

Practice time helps, but having athletes is much more

Sep 27, 2013, 9:49 AM [ in reply to I've been saying it since he was hired: PJ will NOT ]

important. You need a physical D-line that can stop them at the point of attack and some DBs that come up and make tackles on the edge.

You could've given us a full year to prep and we couldn't have stopped their offense 2-3 years ago.

I'm more optimistic this year since I'm pretty sure that our D-line can hold it's own and make some stops in the back field, but I'm still worried about containing the edge b/c our DBs can't tackle worth a crap.

They lost bowl games to Iowa, Air Force, and Utah

Sep 27, 2013, 10:29 AM

Athletes help but practice is the key.

The Air Force game is a bit of a head scratcher, but

Sep 27, 2013, 11:19 AM

GT turned the ball over 4 times. They had 450 yards and 34min TOP vs Utah (not the offense's fault they lost), and that Iowa team that shut them down had an outstanding defense that just crushed them at the LoS.

because it's not a system that translates to the NFL either

Sep 27, 2013, 1:35 PM [ in reply to I've been saying it since he was hired: PJ will NOT ]

for the RB...I'm friends with Jonathan Dwyer's high school coach...Kell High School. Jonathan had an awful struggle transitioning to the NFL because that system doesn't require the RB to pass block/pick up the blitz.

Yes. They don't win enough, they aren't fun to watch

Sep 27, 2013, 10:43 AM

and there is a stigma attached to that type offense. That combination will keep fannies out of the seats and talented football players away and they will die a slow death until they bring in a new coach.

His biggest issue is UGA

Sep 27, 2013, 11:23 AM

He can't keep getting waxed by UGA. That 2008 win seems forever ago (and we can relate to that). Unlike Dabo, he isn't scoring major victories against others and winning 10 or more games to help offset problems against the rival.

Some say GT doesn't care that much but they DO care about beating UGA from time to time. They've gotten waxed in that game the last three or four years.

I thnik he still has a pretty big buyout..Probably not

Sep 27, 2013, 3:47 PM

Now if they end up with a losing season and the boosters and fans start revolting who knows.................

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

By the looks of the GT stands, their fans don't care. So No.***

Sep 27, 2013, 7:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic