Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone else see Tyshon Dye transferring after this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,949

Does anyone else see Tyshon Dye transferring after this year?

Dec 17, 2015, 11:23 AM

I this its a big possibility and probably his best option if he wants to go to the NFL. He's pretty much been non existent this year, maybe he has undisclosed injury but its a little disappointing because he looked like he was starting to turn into the back we thought he would be at the end of last year. With Feaster coming in, Adam Choice, Gallman and CJ Fuller returning i dont see much playing time for him. What are your thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His best bet is to finish his degree

Dec 17, 2015, 11:25 AM

then move on if he has any playing time left. After the injuries, Dye hasn't been close to what he should have been.

Re: His best bet is to finish his degree

Dec 17, 2015, 11:31 AM

If he wants to "play more" then he should transfer...but to say he should transfer if he wants to play in the NFL is a stretch, if he can't break our 2-deep then he ain't going to make an NFL team.

Last year at this time everyone wrote Brooks off and had

Dec 17, 2015, 12:27 PM [ in reply to His best bet is to finish his degree ]

him transferring! Glad he stuck it out!

Re: Does anyone else see Tyshon Dye transferring after this year?

Dec 17, 2015, 12:31 PM

The downside to success is unfortunately good players don't get to play. I see a lot of players transferring in the next several years. It's inevitable I guess but as happy as these guys were to be Clemson Tigers, I am sad their dream didn't turn out the way they hoped.

Dec 17, 2015, 2:07 PM

It's tough to come back from back surgery
especially in a full contact sport.

Dec 17, 2015, 12:39 PM

Anyone know if we could use him at linebacker? Didn't he play some in HS?

Dec 17, 2015, 2:28 PM

Good question...wondered that myself. He has such size and strength perhaps he can fill another role. He's a Tiger...loyal and has fought hard to overcome so many setbacks, it would be super for him to get some real PT.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was recruited as a LB by many schools.

Dec 17, 2015, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone else see Tyshon Dye transferring after this year? ]

nm

Dec 17, 2015, 5:14 PM

There is still a lot that can occur between now and next season. Gallman could go to the NFL. Feaster could need a year to adjust to College speed of the game (sure he is fast but everyone will be much faster on the defense than he has seen). Choice may not have the same speed after and ACL injury. Tyshon has a lot of talent. I think he has as much chance to start next year as anyone if Gallman goes pro.

Let's give it time for things to shake out before we decide the future of a player. I know a lot of people wrote off Zack Brooks before this season. I am glad he was in the Clemson backfield when his number was called. He sure had some great moments this year.

Dec 17, 2015, 6:09 PM

I agree, not writing him off, just think he has talent to be an nfl LB. Much rather have him as an LB on our team than a RB on the team we are playing against in the playoffs but I guess that is greedy on my part. If you think that posters have any affect on these kids futures you are taking it a bit too serious. I'm pointing out he has the talent to be really good at either position.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,949
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic