Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
National Championship Logo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

National Championship Logo

May 16, 2017, 5:21 PM

Just curious if anyone else out there hates the national champions logo (the purple and orange one with the tiny tiger paw and two palm trees). I realize it's made us a boat load of money from licensing, etc., but I think we missed a real opportunity to have something that looks more official. I appreciate that we don't have rights to the CFP playoff logo, but something along those lines would definitely look sharper and feel more like a prize. At the very least, a larger tiger paw would be nice. In my opinion, the logo we've been using is kind of a joke . . . a cartoon a kid could have designed which looks like some lower tier bowl logo. Couldn't something better have been worked out? OK I'm off my soapbox.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: National Championship Logo

May 16, 2017, 5:25 PM

I agree. Not something that will move a lot of merchandise so we are missing out on licensing. As good as some things in the Athletic dept are,
someone with better taste needs to be hired.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the same thing

May 16, 2017, 5:34 PM

then I looked back at the past "official" logos. It looks like most of them have to do with the geographic region of the bowl. 2015/2016 had cacti on the logo.

Blame really falls on the companies that are selling the merchandise. Clemson gear companies could have decided to use different logos that didn't infringe on the copy write laws of the CFP.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought the same thing

May 16, 2017, 5:43 PM

A clemson employee made the logo if I'm not mistaken. But I see what your saying I don't really like it think it could be better but I don't hate it. Not that bad thought I def agree it could have been better looking

May 16, 2017, 5:27 PM

Preach

May 16, 2017, 5:31 PM

Something like a logo is super subjective, obviously. I wasn't completely on board until I read about the inspiration for it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does anyone else feel triggered!?

May 16, 2017, 5:37 PM

Surprised we have not seen something about how it promotes selective nature in the realm of dendrology. How would the pine trees feel????

The trophy is the real prize...

May 16, 2017, 5:35 PM

Everything else is just gravy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 16, 2017, 5:46 PM

Better to have a championship logo to argue about, than to have none. That's my take...stickin' to it...too!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 5:57 PM

Strongly agree with you. I think it was a very poor selection. Have not purchased anything with that logo on it.

Mine looks really good driving around Columbia.***

May 16, 2017, 5:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Logo is least of my concerns but....

May 16, 2017, 6:04 PM

Could we do away with the lavender in our uniforms and make them purple?

I have a decal on my vehicle. I love it!***

May 16, 2017, 6:07 PM

May 16, 2017, 6:12 PM

Coot

May 16, 2017, 6:15 PM

Agreed. They could have done a better job. I love the CFP logo. It's so sleek it makes our logo look too Disney.

May 16, 2017, 6:58 PM

Actually there is a lot of things that came from our NC game that I thought could have been done better. But I don't hate anything that tells we were 2016 National Champions. They could make little sticks to put on port a johns, and I would love them bc telling we were nation champions don't come around that often, so I love what ever tells that truth!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 2015 and 2016 don't look all

May 16, 2017, 7:34 PM
IMG_2259.PNG(224.9 K)
IMG_2260.PNG(192.5 K)

That different except Alabama's ###### A is much bigger than our paw. I woukd have liked to see Clemson and the paw bigger and overall the logo simplified. It would be easier to see and easier to make attractive on a wider variety of items and background colors.

Re: The 2015 and 2016 don't look all

May 16, 2017, 8:40 PM

Agreed!

I like it, and if you read the article about it, i think

May 16, 2017, 7:58 PM

You might appreciate it more. Maybe not, though.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211490111

Yep, I read it....

May 16, 2017, 8:38 PM

Appreciate the symbolism. That said, first impressions are far more important, and if you have to read a story to appreciate a logo, then it just doesn't work.

I have instinctively shopped around for items with the CFP logo as it felt more official (not even realizing until now it was because I just simply didn't like our logo), and I still don't own a single piece of merchandise with our logo. I've seen it on tons of cheap stuff and items on Walmart shelves, but the major brands like Nike, etc. only using the CFP logo makes ours feel kind of silly.

Just my 2 cents. At the end of the day I don't really care and it's a good problem to have if the thing I am dissatisfied with is a national championship logo. I will say that if they ever decided to honor our championship on a water tower (would be awesome on the one they just built near Kite Hill entering town off of HWY 76), the CFP Champions logo with a tiger paw would seem more impressive to me.

Re: Yep, I read it....

May 16, 2017, 8:50 PM

Likewise, I appreciate the symbolism. However, it doesn't not grab your attention when you look at.

I like my magnet sticker riding around Columbia and Lexington.

However, I will not purchase the national championship license plate with the logo for my car. The tiger paw does not stand out and is too small. That is my biggest complaint. The tiger paw is our symbol that everyone knows; our brand. I have a tiger license plate, and I will keep the one that I have.

I want people riding down the road especially the interstate to know that I am a Clemson Tiger fan. You can see the Tiger Paw and then the national championship magnet.

By itself, the logo does not work for me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic