Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does USC DC have the key?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 744

Does USC DC have the key?

Dec 1, 2013, 8:37 AM

Chad's offense relies on getting defender's eyes looking in the wrong spot and not reading their keys through motion and misdirection. I think Ward's comment after last night says a lot about why USC's D has been so successful the last 5 years.

"We don’t try to go against the system because that’s when you start making mistakes."

In other words he just ignores all the movement and has players simply play what's in front of them. I'm not a football expert so I'm possibly way off base, but if you look at the average points scored against USC compared to other coordinators over the last 5 years I think it's significant. Just a thought.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, but the game last nigth was not really lost because

Dec 1, 2013, 8:42 AM

of USuC's defense. It was mainly about our inability to stop a running QB, unforced turnovers, ill-timed penalties on our part, a QB that is listening to the demons in his head, and the resulting clock shortening that took place.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Does USC DC have the key?

Dec 1, 2013, 8:42 AM

Our defense outplayed their's in terms of statistics...so I'd say no.

Re: Does USC DC have the key?

Dec 1, 2013, 8:43 AM

Their D is successful because they are in our backfield.

They are in our backfield because our O line cannot stop them.

Their offense is successful because they open running lanes for their quarterback. It is what they did last year. It is what they did this year.

We say we stopped the run. We didn't. Their quarterback runs against us are designed plays. It is what they did last year. It is what they did this year.

We are incapable of developing a strategy to defeat that. Other teams do, but we don't.

That is coaching.

No

Dec 1, 2013, 8:52 AM

We averaged over 8 yards per carry and Chad is in love with the pass. As long as usc was in 2 deep safeties, we should have run the football much more.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

The key is to get Chads offense off the field.

Dec 1, 2013, 8:54 AM

We shot ourselves in the foot and took ourselves out of the game with 6 turnovers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 5
| visibility 744
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic