Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Trump still use stock market performance as measure
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Does Trump still use stock market performance as measure

Nov 16, 2018, 9:13 AM

It's gone up a bunch since inauguration. Has slowed down this year, but a great first year earnings.

Odds of him beating stock performance during Obama years are slim.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

grid lock is great for the market and the deficit***

Nov 16, 2018, 9:16 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: grid lock is great for the market and the deficit***

Nov 16, 2018, 9:21 AM

I don't think Trump cares about deficits. He just cares about while he is in office.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no one cares about the deficit

Nov 16, 2018, 9:28 AM

thats the sad truth in Congress.

The minority party always talks about it until they are in power.

We need a balanced budget amendment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Deficits dont matter." -phiggytiggy***

Nov 16, 2018, 9:32 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

does Phi have a current scok?***

Nov 16, 2018, 9:54 AM

there's been many o' times that I was shur he did/does***

Nov 16, 2018, 10:53 AM

Re: no one cares about the deficit

Nov 16, 2018, 9:57 AM [ in reply to no one cares about the deficit ]

I am middle aged, but I recall when Repubs say they worried about huge deficit spending.

but they were in the minority or there was a Dem president

Nov 16, 2018, 10:01 AM

they all think that they can best pick winners. for Dems, its the illegals and the lazy poors. for the GOP, its the business owners.

Re: but they were in the minority or there was a Dem president

Nov 16, 2018, 10:45 AM

Business owners are Dems too. The largest companies in the US are founded and run by libs. MSFT, AAPL, AMZN, BRK A.. The list goes on and on. I am a lib and own a couple of small businesses. Most business owners in the US I would imagine are Dem. Obviously that is pure conjecture. The only reason I say that is because the largest cities with the most businesses in this country are liberal cities. Also, illegals are a minor factor for Dems. They don't vote. illegals are more of a scare tactic issue used on Repubs by other Repubs.

I beg to differ. When Congress cuts that check for

Nov 16, 2018, 10:41 AM [ in reply to no one cares about the deficit ]

$400 billion to pay the interest on our debt, and last year they paid $300 billion......and the increase was because the federal lending rate went from 1.75% to 2.25%.....

You #### well better know they care. That's 100 MORE billion unsexy dollars they have to spend that can't be spent buying a vote.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I beg to differ. When Congress cuts that check for

Nov 16, 2018, 10:53 AM

More, they may care one day, but not yet. They just ignore it now.

Nov 16, 2018, 9:22 AM [ in reply to grid lock is great for the market and the deficit*** ]

yup, they can predictably calibrate those computers in Hackensack to skim off my retirement accounts when congress is too busy pointing fingers at each other. Maybe they will create another bubble with all this imaginary wealth they are giving themselves.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly what is supposedly going on. That's according to some idiot Stanford economist who was on the news the other day said. Then again, he is an intellectual and is probably full of it. I would like to hear what Joe the Plumber says what is really going on, maybe even Steve Doocy.

Tax revenue this year is hitting all time high

Trumps tax plan/economic activity is working!

yep, we aint got a revenue problem***

Nov 16, 2018, 9:33 AM

Re: yep, we aint got a revenue problem***

Nov 16, 2018, 9:38 AM

you so obviously do not even know what that means mouth breather, we have a ginormous revenue problem to the tune of 700 billion annually under this president.

No, d!ck sucker

Nov 16, 2018, 12:09 PM

We have a democratic legacy spending problem...

Re: No, d!ck sucker

Nov 16, 2018, 12:33 PM

Republicans have controlled the house since 2010 and all spending originates in the house. They also took the Senate in 2012 and the presidency in 2016 so how exactly are they not at least partly responsible for the massive deficits we are currently running?

Hey, numnutz

Nov 16, 2018, 9:55 PM

I’m talking about the welfare state and all the dem giveaway programs over the decades, not the last 2 years....

Act like you’ve been somewhere

strack

Re: Hey, numnutz

Nov 17, 2018, 6:41 AM

Again, spending originates from the House. Republicans have run that for 8 years. Also, the last two years do matter, it shows they have no intention of cutting back meaningful spending. Just like they were never going to repeal the ACA despite all the big talk.

Go study The District of Columbia

Nov 18, 2018, 10:55 PM

It IS a welfare state, while still not being a state.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Tax revenue this year is hitting all time high

Nov 16, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Tax revenue this year is hitting all time high ]

Deficits are projected to be enormous under Trump.

Nov 16, 2018, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Tax revenue this year is hitting all time high ]

republican presidents are so predictable. They cut every one's taxes and give out free bees, in hope to get re elected. Then they spend their entire second term blaming the resulting deficits on democrats after the economy stalls. We have been down this road before, we know where it goes bangalline.

Nov 16, 2018, 10:02 AM

Then when interest rates are so low it will be hard to have wiggle room to stimulate the economy.

Nov 16, 2018, 10:41 AM

no room to cut taxes again either. Jesus I hope we have someone more responsible in office when the next one comes, or we could be in for another long ride.

Re: Does Trump still use stock market performance as measure

Nov 16, 2018, 9:58 AM

Here's a good example or most stock prices: Apple was between $96-98 during obama's last months... and quickly it began to surge after Trump was elected. Just checked and Apple $191.86, though down from 2 weeks ago when it was $217. I'll take that gain over obama's days.
Most stocks that I've noticed has also done well. Compare that with a very favorable jobs growth and one has to feel good about the economy.

Re: Does Trump still use stock market performance as measure

Nov 16, 2018, 10:11 AM

It's been pretty turbulent and nothing special over the last year. Then look at Obama last few years too. Trump inherited something pretty solid, which so many Repubs dont realize. It obviously did boom to even higher impressive levels when Trump took over, but it's kind of fizzling off the hot pace it was on.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=FNPuW8HuM6vW5gLWhqeYDQ&q=djia+5+year+chart&oq=djia+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.35i39l2j0i131l6j0l2.1149.2372019..2378061...0.0..0.424.3406.1j2j8j2j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i67.NS2CkN00zQ0

Silly argument but Apple was around 11 and change

Nov 16, 2018, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Does Trump still use stock market performance as measure ]

when Obama too office, so it rose around 800% while he was in office and a little over a 100% while Trump has been in office.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Silly argument but Apple was around 11 and change

Nov 16, 2018, 10:36 AM

What's really crazy is that those commie liberals that founded Apple and the ones that now run Apple even know how to turn a profit. Those California libertards make me sick.

Stock performance is not an economic indicator anymore

Nov 16, 2018, 10:08 AM

Some (large) percentage of it is based on the ability to take on and service debt by companies. That's why you actually see it drop on good economic news. Wages up, DJIA drops. Inflation ticks up, DJIA drops. Jobs improve. DJIA falls. Then you have earnings which bolster it too, or cause it to drop. There was a time when a fart during a Fed meeting didn't cause tens of billions of market cap to disappear. There was a time where the market drove solely on earnings, profits, or losses.

And again, America can not withstand an economic boom. PLUS, Trump's screwing up the two biggest things most useful in keeping wages flat, interest rates and inflation low. That's illegal immigration and ###### trade deals. Those two things alone have existed for decades and feed our debt-driven economy. If wages increase in the next year to recover what they SHOULD have increased in the past 20 years, inflation spikes to 10%, interest rates spike as well, and stocks crash, and we're in a world of ####.

The stock market is no better a gauge of economic performance than the traditional unemployment rate, which only counts people not working who are LOOKING for work as unemployed. If you have no job and are not looking for work, you're NOT unemployed. You just don't exist. Except in the welfare line.

You're probably old enough. You may remember the days in the 1980's when the Fed lowered interest rates to "spur" the economy. The 1980's was the start of our new economy IMO. Before the 1980's, debt was a bad thing. We were a production driven economy and not a debt/consumer driven economy. Well, with those lower rates came economic improvements at the expense of EVERYONE taking on more debt than ever before. To keep that manageable, illegal immigrants were allowed in with a wink and a nod, because they will work for lower wages than Americans. They have constantly depressed domestic wages and jobs for decades now. THEN tack on "free trade" deals like NAFTA, etc. Place no tariffs on imports, and use the cheap labor of foreign countries to undercut domestically produced goods until those production jobs leave, AND the same product becomes cheaper to buy. That places a downward pressure on inflation and holds THAT in check. What we got was the destruction of our domestic manufacturing capacity, stagnant wages, and a lot of shiny new things bought with cheap debt. It's been a managed stagnation for decades and Trump's messing all of that up.

Just how I see it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. That's why it was strange Trump bragged about stocks

Nov 16, 2018, 1:42 PM

I would be thrilled if the stock market keeps skyrocketing. That's a bigger win for me than any potential tax break.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to Spooneye and CT88 GDP is the real measure...

Nov 16, 2018, 12:23 PM

of economic growth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic