Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Fl St forfeit all games?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Does Fl St forfeit all games?

Nov 21, 2013, 12:31 AM

What happens to all the games famous Jameis played in? This is going to get really ugly in a hurry. If Florida State forfeits will that move the tigers back into the top 3?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Under what concept would they forfeit any games?***

Nov 21, 2013, 12:33 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope

Nov 21, 2013, 12:35 AM

Didn't affect his eligibility. If it was invistigate from the start we would have never been at the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Fl St forfeit all games?

Nov 21, 2013, 12:44 AM

It's not a question of elegibility it's a question of what's the right thing to do from the university stand point. If and I repeat if he is charged he is immediately ineligible to play for them. Lets just say with tonites news the proof is in the pudding sorta speak. I'm just thinking its going to be interesting from the university what they choose to do.

Nov 21, 2013, 12:49 AM

Doesn't he have to be convicted, not charged? I mean, we are all supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. From what I remember, Duke suspended those Lacrosse players a few years ago, and then it came out that the woman that had accused them of rape was lying.

Note: I'm not saying the woman in this case is lying, I'm just saying I would think he would have to be convicted, not just charged to lose his eligibility. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Nov 21, 2013, 12:52 AM

Also, there are criminals on teams across the country. Cody Journell of VT committed robbery against a VT basketball player and he stayed on the team, no wins were forfeited. From what I recall, Jeremy Hill of LSU got into trouble with a girl a while back, and the teammates were allowed to vote him back on the team, no wins were forfeited. These are just the examples I came up with off the top of my head. I would think there are many more.

I do not know FSU's policy, but I think the DNA report ...

Nov 21, 2013, 1:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Does Fl St forfeit all games? ]

... makes it highly unlikely the woman is lying that Winston is indeed the person whom she implicated.

The results of the DNA test will most likely cause his defense to make the argument that the sexual encounter was consensual.

Then there will be another rush to judgement blaming the woman (the old "she wanted to be raped because she wore a short skirt" canard, but in this case it would be that she wanted to be with Winston because he is on the FSU football team).

Hopefully, justice will prevail, but this happened in Florida so I'd say all bets are off in regards to justice.

Re: I do not know FSU's policy, but I think the DNA report ...

Nov 21, 2013, 1:05 AM

Yeah, I'm sure you are right about his defense. I hope justice is done as well. Hopefully they will be able to get to the bottom of what the truth actually is in this matter.

Nov 21, 2013, 1:11 AM [ in reply to I do not know FSU's policy, but I think the DNA report ... ]

The only problem I have with him saying it was mutual is that he didnt come out and say that. Instead he refuse to say anything. And anybody involved from the TPD should be fired immediately!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I concur, I didn't say it was a believable defense ...

Nov 21, 2013, 1:18 AM

... I just said the DNA test results pretty much makes this the only option for the defense.

That is, he has lost the "it wasn't me" defense.

Re: I concur, I didn't say it was a believable defense ...

Nov 21, 2013, 1:23 AM

Im not saying you did Im just saying that I dont think that defense holds as much water now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2013, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: I do not know FSU's policy, but I think the DNA report ... ]

Complete agreement, the TPD looks terrible right now. They looked like they tried to sweep this under the rug and even told the woman not to pursue this because it could get ugly.

School

Nov 21, 2013, 12:52 AM

It's my understanding that if u are charged with a feloney. Just charged u are disqualified per NCAA

Nov 21, 2013, 12:53 AM

DNA evidence came back tonite. Lets just say he had been there. My understanding of the situation is if he is charged he is immediately ineligible to play for the University. I'm just curious lets just say in two weeks he is charged would the university still allow the team to play in the Championship?

Fsu

Nov 21, 2013, 12:59 AM

Of course they would. There arrogance wouldn't allow them to believe he is the reason. As a clemson fan, I would have wanted the win straight up but I would take the championship game if they wanted to back out.

My god please don't let her be white.

Nov 21, 2013, 1:05 AM

I think the county would lose it minds right now.

Nov 21, 2013, 1:09 AM

Copperpopo is right, if a player is simply CHARGED with a felony they are not eligible to play for a period of time.

Crump <3 $EC

Nov 21, 2013, 1:25 AM

At some point did Winston's people say that he had two people to back up his story of not being with the girl?

Burt Reynolds & Lee Corso

Nov 21, 2013, 1:44 AM

nm

Nov 21, 2013, 4:10 AM

Just my opinion,but if FSU has to forfeit all of it's game,it does not move Clemson up,nor does it change the loss to a win.
Besides do you really believe we are top 3?
Top 10 definintly,probably middle of the pack (#5-6-7),but not top 3.

Nov 21, 2013, 4:33 AM

For the record no I don't think we are top three. We seemed to be overmatched at almost every position when we played them. I'm just curious as to how all of this shakes out if he is charged. After the whole mess with the Penn State cover up and then the cover up that appears to have happened here. I just wonder what action will the University take to try to shelter itself from the cover up.

When a team forfeits a game, the other team doesn't

Nov 21, 2013, 7:58 AM

automatically win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

What basis is there for FSU to forfeit any games?***

Nov 21, 2013, 8:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.***

Nov 21, 2013, 8:54 AM

No because he's never been ineligibile.***

Nov 21, 2013, 9:58 AM

Nov 21, 2013, 10:32 AM

Only if he is found guilty, and it can be proven that FSU officials knew about the crime before the season started. Very unlikely.

Nov 21, 2013, 10:39 AM

This is not fun and games it is not even football related and the attitude I see of people just willing to find this young man guilty because he played for a team other than ours is absolutely sickening! The fact that you even ask a question like this speaks volumes to your prejudice and volumes to your lack of understanding of life and anything beyond your own simple menial little existence of being a sports fan!

Nov 21, 2013, 10:51 AM

if the NCAA took the Penn St. approach and determined someone from FSU athletic department help cover this up, then yes, FSU could vacate games. However, it look more like it was Tally PD that was trying to help Jameis not be infamous. Anything the NCAA does will follow the criminal case, which will be years from now. Also, vacating isn't the same as forfieting. I think it would stay a loss for Clemson but FSU can't claim the win?

Huh?!?***

Nov 21, 2013, 10:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic