Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Dabo Leave If CU Wins the NC? (Asuuming Big Offers)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Does Dabo Leave If CU Wins the NC? (Asuuming Big Offers)

Jun 10, 2013, 3:55 PM

I have heard it said that about 10 years about the max for a HC nowadays.

Let's say for the sake of this "what if" moment Clemson runs the table and makes it to the BCS title game....Of course we will all be in love with Dabo.

But what if a bigger than Clemson with with plenty of money like Texas or Tennessee, both or which are struggling came calling and made Dabo an offer that he cannot quickly refuse.............

Does he take it? Or Does He Stay?........This is not a wrong or right answer.

If Clemson has the year we all think we can have, and Dabo gets the call and we know Chad Morris gets the nod...would you be happy or would you want Dabo to stay?

Dabo has done a lot for Clemson and he taken a lot of friendly fire and what ever he does I hope he succeeds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

No. Dabo wants to establish a model program at Clemson

Jun 10, 2013, 3:58 PM

that wins not only on the field but in the classroom and in the community. He could be a very long-term coach if he wins big. Alabama would be the only exception to this-other than that he is a Clemson man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who would want the Alabama Job After Saban?

Jun 10, 2013, 4:00 PM

I would want to the be guy after the guy that replaces Saban

For Dabo--Bama is the ultimate goal but . . .Clemson

Jun 10, 2013, 4:04 PM

is pretty sweet and Bama's head slot is a longshot for anyone at this point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For Dabo--Bama is the ultimate goal but . . .Clemson

Jun 11, 2013, 6:44 AM

I agree.

I think Dabo will enjoy his time at Clemson, (and appreciate/make the most of the opportunity that he was given) but he will eventually coach at Bama at some point.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2013, 4:44 PM

Coach at Alabama??? Are you guys on drugs? Alabama doesn't go after coaches with a good record vs WF, BC or Duke.

Jun 11, 2013, 7:44 AM [ in reply to For Dabo--Bama is the ultimate goal but . . .Clemson ]

Where has Dabo ever said Bama was the ultimate goal?

That's all we heard when Ford was here

Well he did play there...

Jun 11, 2013, 10:34 AM

wouldn't you rather coach at Clemson than anywhere else?

Clemson gave him a shot, perhaps that sells him for life

Jun 11, 2013, 2:48 PM

Does he want to be a Krzyzewski or Beamer type coach that will be a legend at the school for all time? Or is Clemson a stepping stone in his mind.

I think with the chance he was given by the school and the turnaround of Clemson back to national prominence could make him stay.

Whoever is after Saban will have to deal with sanctions***

Jun 10, 2013, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Who would want the Alabama Job After Saban? ]

Be pretty cool to inherit Saban's team though.***

Jun 11, 2013, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Who would want the Alabama Job After Saban? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Dabo Leave If CU Wins the NC? (Asuuming Big Offers)

Jun 10, 2013, 4:01 PM

If he continues on the present path, he will be another Frank Howard. He really loves Clemson! Beating coots will seal the deal, but remember Franks had less than 50% winning ratio against them.

Five years and two national titles from now,

Jun 10, 2013, 4:03 PM

my belief is Dabo will retire from coaching and enter the ministry full time as one of the most popular figures on the circuit. He'll have plenty of money and will never want, and will be free to travel the world doing his thing.

Chad Morris, meanwhile, will be sticking around through it all and assume the HC position at that time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Five years and two national titles from now,

Jun 10, 2013, 4:04 PM

This, ^^^ would be awesome!****

Re: Five years and two national titles from now,

Jun 10, 2013, 4:05 PM

Sounds perfect.

No one bigger than Clemson who gave him his shot. Stays.***

Jun 10, 2013, 4:06 PM

Jun 10, 2013, 4:16 PM

There isn't a bigger school than Clemson when it comes to money. We can pay as much as anyone out there if we believe the coach is worth the money. We already have one of the highest paid coaching staffs in the nation. I don't think Dabo would leave for any job other than Alabama. I would love to have this problem in the future. That means things are going very well.

Since WW2, one coach has left Clemson for another school.

Jun 10, 2013, 4:18 PM

One. Since 1940.

We're just not a stepping stone program. We're a destination for any coach. We have the environment that they want to coach in. Dabo can sell this program because he believes in the Clemson program. He's not the guy Texas or Tennessee needs to sell gold-plated X-boxes in the locker rooms.

One of your secondary questions intrigues me.

"If Clemson has the year we all think we can have, and Dabo gets the call and we know Chad Morris gets the nod...would you be happy or would you want Dabo to stay?"

Are you asking if anybody would be happy that a national championship winning head coach left? Yikes.

Also, if someone was able to snag Dabo and we kept and promoted Chad Morris, I'd be happy with that too. But I would be shocked if Dabo won the national championship at Clemson and was woo-ed away by some other school and didn't take his coaching staff.

null

Ah hell, we just gave them (UF) Charlie Pell

Jun 10, 2013, 4:21 PM

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He knew what was coming. Should have gone to the NFL.***

Jun 10, 2013, 4:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why Leave if you have a NC team!? That makes so sense.

Jun 10, 2013, 4:21 PM

Only Bama possibly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No sense is right!***

Jun 10, 2013, 7:00 PM

IMO, I don't think Dabo would leave Clemson

Jun 10, 2013, 4:34 PM

seeing as how we took a huge chance on hiring someone with no HC experience. Dabo won't forget that. As for throwing money at DS, the fact that he gave up some of his personal salary just to pay his OC and DC more to keep them happy/paid/here/whatever speaks volumes to his commitment. I think Dabo will be here for a long time. The only way I see Dabo leaving is when Saban retires and he has a NC or plenty of 10+ win seasons under his belt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2013, 4:37 PM

if Dabo is chosen Pope by the next Conclave of Cardinals, will he continue to coach for Clemson and commute from the Vatican, or will he turn it over to Chad? If he does leave, what are the chances he paints the Sistine Chapel purple and orange?

Of course he would stay at Clemson.....

Jun 10, 2013, 4:45 PM

Vatican or not, THIS is God's country. Clemson is certainly no Columbia, SC...besides, I've personally seen Dabo walk on doo doo ice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only see him leaving for Bama...

Jun 10, 2013, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Dabo Leave If CU Wins the NC? (Asuuming Big Offers) ]

But I'll admit, it'd be interesting to see what would happen if he had continued success here and an LSU, Florida, or Georgia job opened up. I wonder if the SEC is a big pull for him, if he'd consider a move to one of the SEC's upper-echelon schools. (Leaving Tenn & Aub off this list because of the fact that they're such bitter rivals of Bama's.)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2013, 5:56 PM

need to worry about dabo beating the chickens much less winning the NC

Dabo wants a statue outside Death Valley. Stays***

Jun 10, 2013, 6:33 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Dabo wants a statue outside Death Valley. Stays***

Jun 10, 2013, 7:16 PM

What kind of Kool-Aid are yall drinking at this party?? First, let's not put in any orders for NC rings this year just yet. I'm not convinced that our overall team this year will be that much, if any, better than 2012. Secondly, am I the only person on this board who does not think Dabo is in the top ten college coaches of all time? Thirdly, and quite frankly, the only place that Dabo is overrated is in..... you guessed it, Clemson and this board! Face it.......people aren't throwing millions at Dabo trying to lure him away from God's Country for a very good reason. He is not yet a proven commodity in the coaching profession. Maybe in a few years he will command that level of respect, but he's not there yet.

Jun 10, 2013, 8:04 PM

I bet he would but this year i believe we r goin to go to a BCS bowl!!!!!GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 10, 2013, 9:10 PM

I bet this is Morris' last season. Tennessee isn't going to fire their coach. They just got Butch Jones. Texas is more likely to get Morris. Dabo isn't going anywhere. Maybe Bama in 10 years. He'll be in Clemson for a while.

Jun 11, 2013, 7:46 AM

How much you willing to bet that this is Morris last year???

Jun 10, 2013, 9:09 PM

Did Danny ford leave? What coach has ever left after winning the nc?

Jun 10, 2013, 9:43 PM

Lots of assumptions in this post. You can tell dead time has set in for sure.

Only if he takes Batson with him.

Jun 10, 2013, 9:45 PM

Never happening as long as we are not physical.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NO***

Jun 10, 2013, 9:52 PM

Re: Re: Dabo wants a statue outside Death Valley. Stays***

Jun 10, 2013, 10:57 PM

Not saying he's there yet. That's what he wants is my guess. He has along way to go before he can get a statue. Calm down, your feathers might start to fall out.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jun 10, 2013, 11:20 PM

Trust me, if I were one of our "fine-feathered rivals", I would definitely be begging for Dabo to stay right where he is, for my benefit!

If? Nothing "fine' about your feathers, either. Get ready.***

Jun 10, 2013, 11:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If? Nothing "fine' about your feathers, either. Get ready.***

Jun 11, 2013, 9:32 AM

So let me get this straight. Anyone on this board who doubts Dabo's coaching ability (not his morals or salesmanship skills) is automatically an SC fan? You know they love him, right? I'd say they are pretty confident about 5 straight as long as Dabo captains our ship. Does it ever occur to any of you Dabo-worshipping fans that the US as a whole (well, outside of Tnet and Pickens Co.) is not very impressed with his skills? No, we like to dream instead of facing the cold, hard, brutal facts.....whatever?

Jun 11, 2013, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Re: Dabo wants a statue outside Death Valley. Stays*** ]

IF???? You tell'em coot

He would probably leave to go to Alabama, but other

Jun 11, 2013, 10:26 AM

than that "no". Clemson would make him very comfy if he were to win the NC.

Dabo would never leave for Texas nor Tenn. Maybe Bama***

Jun 11, 2013, 10:28 AM

Dabo doesn't cheat so most programs you'd call 'bigger,'...

Jun 11, 2013, 11:04 AM

wouldn't have Dabo.

Please qualify what you consider to be the criteria for "bigger."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Allow Me To Clarify......

Jun 11, 2013, 12:44 PM

Bigger would be like a SEC mega schools that has both the facilities, resources and the possibility of doubling or better his current income.....Once you have conquered one mountain, does Dabo want to live on top of it or go climb another?

He may be one of those guys that wants to stay indefinitely....

I personally thing the days of that one guy hanging around for 20 years is waning. I don't think too many Frank Beamers, are left out there....

As I said, what better time to pass the reigns than when you are at the top?....

I will personally be happy for Dabo to stay. He is a special guy with a faith that he carries with class...

I guess what I am suggesting, is that if Dabo leaves, I hope Chad is still around to have the chance to take the job. I would hate to lose both.

Let's worry about that after we win a NC.***

Jun 11, 2013, 12:58 PM

Have you guys actually listened..

Jun 11, 2013, 4:31 PM

To his interviews???

He LOVES Clemson!! He will be here for as long as Clemson wants him.

He is "All in" and building something that $$ cannot buy. A winning program, with integrity, charecter and a passion that is unequalled in all of College football.

Go Tigers!!!

Re: Re: For Dabo--Bama is the ultimate goal but . . .Clemson

Jun 11, 2013, 4:51 PM

You stupid Coot!

Dabo won't GO to a school that has no integrity.

Nice try dirtpecker. Thanks for playing.

Go Tigers!!!

Dabo gets raise and extension, Morris leaves.***

Jun 11, 2013, 4:59 PM

I'd like to win a state championship....

Jun 11, 2013, 5:08 PM

....before we start talking about a national championship.

I think the fact that it hasn't happened in the past couple

Jun 11, 2013, 6:30 PM

of years has made it bigger in everyone's mind. Teams stumble during any major coaching transition, especially with smaller recruiting classes.

We should have gotten the win last year.

I think he leaves for one offer only.***

Jun 11, 2013, 6:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think he leaves for one offer only.***

Jun 11, 2013, 10:45 PM

The day that 'Bama offers Dabo the head coaching job, I promise that hell will freeze over!

But the hypothetical was if he wins NC.***

Jun 12, 2013, 6:54 AM

Let's win that NC and see

Jun 11, 2013, 11:42 PM

But my money says Dabo IS Clemson. He is VERY happy here. No way will he leave for a "better" job. He has the BEST job, and he knows it!!! That's why I love Dabo.

Jun 12, 2013, 12:02 AM

goes hopefully...hello coach chad morris

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic