Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Chad take Vandy job if offered?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Does Chad take Vandy job if offered?

Jan 10, 2014, 10:05 AM

Many sites have him as the favorite.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Chad take Vandy job if offered?

Jan 10, 2014, 10:10 AM

I doubt it. Don't think Chad buys all the SEC garbage.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure Robbie Caldwell could tell him about the challenges***

Jan 10, 2014, 10:15 AM

Not a good idea for Morris to take the Vandy job

Jan 10, 2014, 12:35 PM

Morris's offense has yet to prove to me that it can be successful when getting smacked in the mouth by a tough defense.

FSU's defense destroyed Morris's offense and Morris can't get more than 17 on SCAR. You can argue LSU and Georgia but I'll argue that Georgia fans have been wanting to fire their DC since 2011 and LSU didn't want to be in the CFA Bowl and it still took a miracle to win.

I don't think Chad's offense can take the week to week challenges that SEC defenses will offer....it's too risky and if it starts to go bad it can go really bad. It is hard to recruit the defensive talent at Vandy that can bail out your offense when it is screwing up.

Franklin won at Vandy by playing tough, conservative football and not making mistakes. That does not describe Morris's offense right now.

lsu sent how many to the nfl, right after we played them ?

Jan 10, 2014, 12:39 PM

that was one nasty defense. week in and week out depends on the personnel, imo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh had a few off games, but the offense has shown that it

Jan 12, 2014, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Not a good idea for Morris to take the Vandy job ]

can dominate The games that you named are examples. Also, Auburn runs the same basic scheme and FSU needed some help on special teams to win.

If offered, he'd take it. Vandy paid Franklin WELL***

Jan 10, 2014, 10:12 AM

Re: If offered, he'd take it. Vandy paid Franklin WELL***

Jan 10, 2014, 10:14 AM

so, chad does not even interview at loisville but would jump at vandy. that about right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If offered, he'd take it. Vandy paid Franklin WELL***

Jan 10, 2014, 10:16 AM [ in reply to If offered, he'd take it. Vandy paid Franklin WELL*** ]

I still don't see the love fest with Franklin. He won a few games at Vandy but did nothing compared to what Cutcliffe did at Duke.

Re: Re: If offered, he'd take it. V***

Jan 10, 2014, 10:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Re: If offered, he'd take it.***

Jan 10, 2014, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: If offered, he'd take it. Vandy paid Franklin WELL*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 10, 2014, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: If offered, he'd take it. Vandy paid Franklin WELL*** ]

You drunk?***

Jan 10, 2014, 10:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

lol... Dan g phone.***

Jan 10, 2014, 10:29 AM

How did you get a Dan G phone ?

Jan 10, 2014, 10:42 AM

+1 for new technology.

I have yet to try one of those!

you got to know our know some one who knows Dan G to get one

Jan 10, 2014, 10:46 AM

Of his phones. You can't just get one.

Back away from the keyboard

Jan 10, 2014, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Re: If offered, he'd take it.*** ]

--

no about the same

Jan 10, 2014, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: If offered, he'd take it. Vandy paid Franklin WELL*** ]

Franklin is taking advantage of a down sec east. Cut did the same in a down acc Atlantic.

Coots think he is great because they play usUc clOse every year.

Tell 'em coot

Jan 10, 2014, 1:25 PM [ in reply to If offered, he'd take it. Vandy paid Franklin WELL*** ]

smh

I would think so. It's a HC job in the SEC.

Jan 10, 2014, 10:16 AM

What would he be waiting for? The perfect job is not likely to come because any big time job is going to want HC experience at the major college level. He needs to get that, and why not get it at Vandy?

Re: I would think so. It's a HC job in the SEC.

Jan 10, 2014, 10:21 AM

I agree. I think it is a good stepping stone to something else. The question that I would have is would he think he can recruit the players that he would need to make his system work? The challenge is that if you can't you are at the bottom in that league and the shine is off of your resume. Ask Dan Mullen. He was the hot coach a couple of years ago and is now stuck in purgatory in Starkville Miss. Its a big decision for him.

This is why he wouldn't go - mid level recruits, mid level

Jan 12, 2014, 11:24 PM

program, top level expectations. They're talking about sustaining the momentum from Franklin, but the momentum just isn't all that. Their signature win was over a Georgia team that was missing a lot of talent. Lost to all the other ranked teams they played.

Of course, they beat Tennessee. More than USuC can say.***

Jan 12, 2014, 11:25 PM

Re: I would think so. It's a HC job in the SEC.

Jan 10, 2014, 10:31 AM [ in reply to I would think so. It's a HC job in the SEC. ]

wow, just wow at some of the stuff you read on this board. have you people not read where chad says it would have to be a special place to leave clemson. now nashville has some special music maybe, but football. rotflmfao.

There are only a certain amount of HC jobs in major

Jan 10, 2014, 10:50 AM

conferences each year. Chad will never get the special offer he is looking for if he doesn't first get HC experience. If he had it, you can bet Texas would have looked at him. Vandy is a stepping stone, but he needs to get major D-I HC experience. Look what happened to James Franklin.

franc's site doesnt. that is all that matters

Jan 10, 2014, 10:17 AM

why people keep asking this is mine battering

I don't see it happening.

Jan 10, 2014, 10:19 AM

Right now, Chad is paid extremely well for doing what he loves - designing, tweaking, running, and masterminding an offense. When he leaves for a HC position, he will be taking on a whole new set of headaches that will detract from that, so I don't see him leaving for just any place that throws some money at him. I don't see any reason he wouldn't wait for an offer from a school where he not only could recruit for and run his offense, and get paid extremely well, but also one where he could win big and have a top 10-15 program. I don't think he has to settle for less.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 10, 2014, 10:23 AM

What is the buyout?

Also, this is the last decent HC job left out there

No buyout if he takes a HC job***

Jan 10, 2014, 10:29 AM

Re: No buyout if he takes a HC job***

Jan 10, 2014, 1:47 PM

But isn't Texas considering him for an OC?

Jan 10, 2014, 10:32 AM

Why wouldn't he take it? Vanderbilt will most likely pay him very well, probably better than Clemson can as an offensive coordinator and although it will be tough to consistently compete with the likes of South Carolina, Georgia, Missouri and the rest of the east he could build a pretty solid program even with the very strict acceptance rates for student athletes. Plus Vanderbilt is a great stepping stone, he could start there, do what Franklin did and stick around 3-5 years and be in a great spot to jump to a big program in the Big 12, Pac 12, etc. if he wanted to.

At the same time, the Texas A&M spot will be in the back of his mind. If Kevin Sumlin has another year or two at 9-10 wins theres going to be some NFL teams knocking on his door and I bet he would make the jump. He reminds me a lot of some NFL coaches, and that job would be open. That's just an assumption, Sumlin may stick around College Station for 30 more years for all I know, but Chad would probably be VERY high on their list being an alumnus of A&M, he would be their Kingsbury.

Not so sure it's a given he does as good as Franklin

Jan 10, 2014, 10:38 AM

This was maybe the best vandy coach ever.

Re: Not so sure it's a given he does as good as Franklin

Jan 10, 2014, 11:03 AM

I agree. I think the players he needs--all that speed-- would be tough to recruit at a school like Vanderbilt.

I'd say no....

Jan 10, 2014, 10:39 AM

largely because Vandy is a stepping stone type job and if patient Morris can and will do better than Vandy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Morris needs a stepping stone HC job

Jan 10, 2014, 10:49 AM

It'll be his first big one.

NO........***

Jan 10, 2014, 10:51 AM

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

If Gene Chizik would take East Western Arkansas, then yes.

Jan 10, 2014, 11:02 AM

These guys all have one thing in common...they want to be THE GUY, no matter where they have to go to acheive it.

Sorry...Gus Malzon***

Jan 10, 2014, 11:04 AM

If he's offered it, he has to take it

Jan 10, 2014, 11:09 AM

Otherwise he's going to end up a career coordinator(which I know won't bother you guys).

He's not going to land a major head coaching position and his buyout at Clemson is far too expensive to take a more high profile OC job.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

"If offered he has to take it?" you don't know much about

Jan 10, 2014, 1:35 PM

football and how all this works do you?

You sound like Tommy when Gus was offered the job...How'd it

Jan 12, 2014, 8:05 PM [ in reply to If he's offered it, he has to take it ]

work out for Gus?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I smell a coot***

Jan 10, 2014, 1:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I smell a coot***

Jan 10, 2014, 1:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going to Vandy would be about the same as CM going to WF

Jan 10, 2014, 1:34 PM

I just think waiting one more year and possible getting Nebraska or even Florida would be worth the wait. Facilities at Vandy are not great and even the stadium isn't anywhere close to rest of the SEC's programs. Chad Morris is a great coach and while he has been patient one more season wouldn't hurt for him to wait for a golden opportunity.

Having said that, I too am afraid he would take the job.

Other than Franklin, how many prior Vandy coaches moved to a

Jan 10, 2014, 1:38 PM

better program once there time at Vandy was done? I can only think of Franklin but I'm sure I'm missing maybe one or two? Just can't think of any.

Chads not even interested***

Jan 12, 2014, 11:06 PM

Yes***

Jan 12, 2014, 11:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not If He's Smart

Jan 13, 2014, 6:25 AM

It's a no win proposition and he can do better.

He hasn't even been offered the Vanderbilt job

Jan 13, 2014, 7:30 AM

or any other job for that matter. How can you certainly argue that he can do better?

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic