Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Anyone Know What The Identity Of This Offense Is?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Does Anyone Know What The Identity Of This Offense Is?

Sep 9, 2018, 7:57 AM

We’ve got some unbelievable weapons all over the field but can’t figure out how to use it.

Did Braden Galloway even play last night? Justyn Ross? Heck, any of the TE’s.

Do we have any plays that use the middle of the field? Can ETN carry the ball more than 8 times in a game? Will KB be our leading ball carrier again?

I’m thrilled we won but we’ve got to improve our thought process if we want to reach our ultimate, last goal of the year...the natty!!

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Anyone Know What The Identity Of This Offense Is?

Sep 9, 2018, 8:26 AM

We run when TL is QB and we pass when KB is QB.

Re: Does Anyone Know What The Identity Of This Offense Is?

Sep 9, 2018, 8:32 AM

Just like last year... open aggressively and ride the defense until the end while the other team storms back.

It was clear whenever TLaw was in the game the DC brought blitzes every time either bc they didn’t respect his legs or put an emphasis on rattling him. They did not bring as much pressure on Kelly. Regardless of QB, we need more shots downfield with the weapons we have.

I have no idea why we don’t ride ETN until he needs a break. Unlike other positions, it’s clear the drop off in talent from 1 to 2 and 3.

Last thing, safety play just wow. I guess that’s what a bunch of what 2-3 star should be at Furman players look like. That 4th quarter was embarrassing how many blown coverages came from safeties. Thank goodness for K’von Wallace or we wouldn’t have a single safety on our 2 deep that could start at a decent P5 team let alone Clemson.

Pertinent Question

Sep 9, 2018, 8:56 AM

Here's what Tony Elliot has to deal with in calling a game this season:
1.) Two QBs who have distinct differences in their skill sets. One of which (TL) who will require a fundamental change to the offense to fully utilize his talents.
2.) A substandard OL and TE position that can't block.

We won't have an offensive identity until next season at best. Our OL is too weak to establish a run game or consistently pass block against even a somewhat talented opponent creating a rock and hard place for Elliot.

Re: Pertinent Question

Sep 9, 2018, 9:10 AM

I agree, we have AMAZING skill talent all across the board and just can’t take advantage of it for whatever reason.

Love Dabo and all he’s done and setup for the future, but this offense has been very predictable and extremely vanilla since DW4 left.

THIS TALENT WAS WSTED ALL LST YR.***

Sep 9, 2018, 9:37 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic