Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Anyone Care If the ACC is Bad?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Does Anyone Care If the ACC is Bad?

Oct 8, 2012, 8:48 PM

If I had it my way, Clemson would be the ACC Champs every year and the other schools would be throwing rose pedals at our feet because I simply don't care about how the rest does......Unless their bad play force us into a noon kickoff like VT did this week......

In Basketball, UNC and Duke have been the gatekeepers that occasionally slips on a banana peel and not win the league and it has worked good for them.

Sure, the ACC not doing well in BCS play keeps coming up but I don't care.....unless it is Clemson. Now that the ACC has a seat at the new Playoff, the I want it to be Clemson and if the rest of the ACC is bad then so be it.

I'll wager that there were a few Tiger fans (of the casual type) that was disappointed to see FSU lose to NC State because the ACC no longer has a chance at the BCSCG..........Big Friggin deal! I look at it as an opening that will hopeful give us a spark to keep pushing ahead and putting pressure on FSU to no choke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Does Anyone Care If the ACC is Bad?

Oct 8, 2012, 8:50 PM

The suckiness/apathy from our conference bretheren gives us a lot less breathing room as far as being able to slip up and still compete for a National Championship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

When the conference looks like a bunch of pansies, people

Oct 8, 2012, 8:54 PM

will assume that the champion is just the tallest midget. You get judged by your associates. Clemson winning woun't be enough if there's undefeated teams out of the Pac 12, Big XII or SEC (B1G is just a hairsbreadth above the ACC right now).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When the conference looks like a bunch of pansies, people

Oct 9, 2012, 9:29 PM

In all honesty, when we have an undefeated season if we get left out of the national championship game, then we will have something to bit-h about. Until we can run the table I think the conference weakness is an asset and not a liability.

Really?

Oct 8, 2012, 8:57 PM

You are just wrong we need the strength of schedule to make the 4 team playoff.

FSU was 3rd in the Nation Playing 2 FCS teams....

Oct 8, 2012, 9:00 PM

Yes the beat one ACC team and was elevated to third in the Nation. One of those FCS teams was so bad they essentially invoked the mercy rule to stop the massacre....

With the Playoff coming, any ACC team that runs the table with get their shot and maybe a one loss depending on the events of that one loss.

My point is being an ACC team didn't seem to hurt FSU getting ranked high

Only if it's FSU. Remember, FSU and Notre Dame

Oct 8, 2012, 9:06 PM

get a media pass. When they're winning, they'll be NC contenders. When other teams beat them: "We were fooled yet again by the hopes of a great season"

Clemson gets a Lot of Love.....

Oct 8, 2012, 9:08 PM

Last year when we were on our 8-0 run, we were on TV every time you turned around...specials on Dabo, Sammy, Howards rock, etc....Clemson is great TV....If we do our job we will be fine

VT was #3 last year heading into the ACC title***

Oct 9, 2012, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Only if it's FSU. Remember, FSU and Notre Dame ]

as long as we beat the SEC east champs i'm good***

Oct 8, 2012, 8:59 PM

I agree but...

Oct 8, 2012, 9:27 PM

if Clemson wins out, and USCjr wins out except our game, who's 13-1 resume will look better?

Clemson's biggest win will be USCjr.

They will have beaten UGa, LSU, Florida, and Bama.

They're not gonna beat FL or Bama

Oct 8, 2012, 9:35 PM

not

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

maybe not but they have the talent and the coaching.

Oct 8, 2012, 9:39 PM

and assume they did. Who gets the higher BCS ranking at season's end?

if Clemson has 1 loss and beats USuC, we will be

Oct 9, 2012, 12:44 PM

rated higher.

losses at the end count more especially to the team involved.

the coaches see to it.

until a playoff occurs, subjectivity will affect things.
right or wrong.

the BCS will rank uscjr higher and there's no debating that.***

Oct 10, 2012, 11:32 AM

They'll beat Florida. Bama, probably not.***

Oct 8, 2012, 9:48 PM [ in reply to They're not gonna beat FL or Bama ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: as long as we beat the SEC east champs i'm good***

Oct 9, 2012, 9:54 PM [ in reply to as long as we beat the SEC east champs i'm good*** ]

We play Florida this year? Or are you an FSU fan?

Oct 8, 2012, 9:01 PM

Yes.

All else being equal, I feel that playing a good conference schedules pays dividends in the rivalry game and the bowl game. And eventually, it's going to matter tremendously in terms of SOS for the playoffs --- and the need to be "battle tested" before making it through the post season.

Being the cream of the crop when all the crops are dead isn't really that exciting. Especially when you have the facilities and fanbase Clemson has.

Got 50 million rea$ons why it doesn't matter - we're stuck***

Oct 8, 2012, 9:05 PM

Which is precisely why it DOES matter***

Oct 8, 2012, 9:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't we sort of have to WIN the ACC before it matters to us

Oct 8, 2012, 9:12 PM

We've been ACC Champs more than any other school ... but only once in the last 20+ years.

I mean, we can pi$$ and moan all we want about being stuck in a weak conference, but until we start winning the ACC on a regular basis, it really makes no difference if the conference is weak or not.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't we sort of have to WIN the ACC before it matters to us

Oct 8, 2012, 9:16 PM

Its more Swofford CONSPIRACY!!!!......:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^Winner Winner^^^^^^^^^***

Oct 8, 2012, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Don't we sort of have to WIN the ACC before it matters to us ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remeber the old "Big 8 Conference"?

Oct 8, 2012, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Don't we sort of have to WIN the ACC before it matters to us ]

We used to call it the "Big 2 little 6 conference".....

It was Oklahoma, Nebraska and then 6 horrible teams....The margin of victory in conference games were usually rather vulgar...That was a bad conferences with a couple of horses and those 2 programs different suffer.....

Again..If Clemson takes care of it's business...to blazes with the rest of the ACC

Wishbone!***

Oct 8, 2012, 9:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remeber the old "Big 8 Conference"?

Oct 8, 2012, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Remeber the old "Big 8 Conference"? ]

Didn't Dabo say that "steel sharpens steel"? Well there's not much steel for us to sharpen up on in this conference. IMHO that's why the team down the road has handed us our a$$ the last three times we've played. After they play at LSU and at Florida, DV will not intimidate them.

back then, they didn't factor SOS into things like they do

Oct 10, 2012, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Remeber the old "Big 8 Conference"? ]

today.

I'm sorry but beating uga, florida, bama, and lsu would be better than beating uscjr, nc state, and duke/vt/gt.

Amen.***

Oct 9, 2012, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Don't we sort of have to WIN the ACC before it matters to us ]

You do know that schedule strength is part of our

Oct 8, 2012, 9:44 PM

BCS ranking don't you?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We schedule well outside of conference also....

Oct 8, 2012, 9:49 PM

Why do you think we were crying for an 8 game league schedule. We are playing 2 SEC schools this year. It is not our fault that we gave Auburn a complex and USC is strong as heck....we play UGA and USC next year...

a strong OOC schedule more than compensates for a weak ACC

Re: We schedule well outside of conference also....

Oct 8, 2012, 10:17 PM

there is only one answer to this question. WIN! where would we be ranked today had we won at fsu and were 6-0? we only can blame our own team. fsu seems to be the only other team with a pulse in this conference THIS year. untill we win all of our games and dominate this conference(which we should) we can blame espn, announcers and who ever else you can name and it doesnt matter, because it will be blame and sour grapes because we need only to look in the mirror for answers. just win baby!!

Oct 9, 2012, 12:28 PM

absolutley idiotic.. cant you see this god awful schedule affects our power ranking ? a one loss acc team will always be jumped over by a one loss b12 or pac 12 team always. why? because the acc is god awful.

Seems like a 2-loss Hokie team went to the Sugar Bowl ...

Oct 9, 2012, 3:49 PM

That did happen last year didn't it?

Re: Seems like a 1-loss Hokie team went to the Sugar Bowl ...

Oct 9, 2012, 3:55 PM

Actually, they had 2 loses, both to us.

Re: Yep

Oct 9, 2012, 3:59 PM

Yep ... I caught that before you did. :)

Re: Seems like a 2-loss Hokie team went to the Sugar Bowl ...

Oct 9, 2012, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Seems like a 2-loss Hokie team went to the Sugar Bowl ... ]

> That did happen last year didn't it?

Only because Arky and S. Carolina weren't eligible due to the fact LSU and Bama played for the National Title.

See - there's the advantage of playing in a weak conf!***

Oct 9, 2012, 11:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So ... did being in the ACC "hurt" the Hokies? No, but

Oct 10, 2012, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Seems like a 2-loss Hokie team went to the Sugar Bowl ... ]

by your own admission, being in the SEC definitely hurt Arkansas and SCAR.

fsu, miami, uva, maryland, gt, unc, ncst, pitt, cuse are

Oct 9, 2012, 12:50 PM

going to get it in gear in football or they aren't.

nothing i do, hope or dream is going to change that one bit.

in the meantime, i'm gonna lmfao everytime the gooblers drop one to jmu.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope, as long as Clemson is winning.***

Oct 9, 2012, 3:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You really don't have a clue do you?******

Oct 9, 2012, 6:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My clue is Clemson going undefeated in the acc

Oct 9, 2012, 8:42 PM

When we accomplish that feat, then maybe I will have time to worry about the acc. But until we can run the table in this conference, I don't have any desire for the acc to be any tougher.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but not as much as ESPN tries to make me care....

Oct 9, 2012, 5:05 PM

I don't care that ACC is not as good as SEC, but it is much too weak right now. Winning the conference is barely meaningful. Winning a game means very little and losing one of the remaining will be insulting. As for the NC relevance it should NEVER be discussed until Clemson becomes NC relevant.

All I care about is 12-0 and 11-1***

Oct 9, 2012, 9:53 PM

Playing in a weak conference affects your SOS, but also...

Oct 10, 2012, 11:33 AM

...doesn't prepare you well for playing good teams. If you roll over weaker competition week in and week out, it seems unlikely that you will be battle tested enough to man up against a good team at the end of the year. The ACC's record in BCS bowl games lends credence to this train of thought.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic