Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dodd's Draft Stock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,326

Dodd's Draft Stock

Jan 15, 2016, 2:42 PM

Have to take these rankings with a grain of salt, but Kiper (who is at least better than McShay) updated his draft big board:

#8 - Lawson (Dolphins)
#17 - Dodd (Falcons)
#21 - Alexander (Redskins)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dodd's Draft Stock

Jan 15, 2016, 2:51 PM

Dodd has a question mark by him. He had one good season. So It depends on what team does film study on him and if they don't mind if it was one year. He proved he could play and dominante NFL talent. So he has a good shot.
He's a big body, size and speed for the next level. Our coaches did a great job with him.
GO TIGERS!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could see the Falcons taking Dodd

Jan 15, 2016, 2:57 PM

This is Kiper's writeup on Dodd:

17. Atlanta Falcons - Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson

Shaq Lawson led the nation in tackles for loss, but Dodd was right there with him, No. 2 in the nation, and a constant presence in the backfield. The Falcons added pass-rush help with Vic Beasley last year, but is Beasley an every-down player? At 275 pounds, Dodd has the frame to hold up against the run and should help a D-line that lacks depth.

Re: I could see the Falcons taking Dodd

Jan 15, 2016, 2:59 PM

Doesn't matter.. all 3 will go in the first round... what pick doesn't matter much if you ask me.. If kearse has crazy numbers from the combine he will go first round too... NFL likes the measurable and his NFL blood line helps too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could see the Falcons taking Dodd

Jan 15, 2016, 3:12 PM

Dream scenario would be Alexander, Dodd, Lawson, and kearse all go 1st rd. I expect if kearse tears it up on pro day and combine then a team will take a chance on him despite his lapses at time.

4 1st Rd picks would boost recruiting even more.

Re: Dodd's Draft Stock

Jan 15, 2016, 3:19 PM

Here is another mock draft from Matt Miller

"I've spoken with seven teams (scouts, coaches or general managers) that have Mackensie Alexander over Vernon Hargreaves and Jalen Ramsey at defensive back"

"The other standouts from the title game were Clemson defensive ends Shaq Lawson (No. 90) and Kevin Dodd (No. 98), and both declared for the draft after the game. I've heard Dodd is a Round 2 grade from scouts, but I'm putting both in my top 25"

5. Jacksonville CB Mackensie Alexander, Clemson

8. Miami DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson

29. Denver DE Kevin Dodd, Clemson

"Who were the biggest risers from the title game? Clemson defensive end Kevin Dodd was all over the field, dominating the Alabama offensive line (and the Oklahoma offensive line before that) at left defensive end. Dodd had three sacks in the team's loss and proved that he has the size, speed and power to be a first-round prospect in this class"

"Normally, I have a rule about not looking at players who aren't draft-eligible, but with the "20 for '20" series running here on B/R, I had to take a look at Watson. What I saw was very, very impressive—good enough for Watson to enter my 2017 NFL draft advance work as the No. 1 quarterback in the class"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2607780-2016-nfl-draft-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-for-divisional-weekend?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-mob-art-mid-16

I would have never thought Dodd would be as good as.......

Jan 15, 2016, 3:24 PM

......he turned out to be. I thought he would be a place holder to get through the year til the younger guys grew up a bit but I have to admit that I was bummed he declared early. To think how dominate Lawson and Dodd were and not just pass rush but the run game as well. Lawson had 12.5 sacks I believe and Dodd had 12, thats unreal. I know Dodd turned it on late in the season but this was his first year of real action I could just imagine how great he would have been if he'd came back for his senior year. Dodd proves that just because you're not a 4 or 5 star coming out of high school doesn't mean these coaches can't get you where you need to be and now Dodd is a projected 1st rounder. This dude went from just a college kid to a multi-million dollar NFL talent. Kudos to the coaching staff. Man its great to be a Tiger while Muschump has given the Dirtpeckers a false sense of relevance, can't wait to watch Muschump cuss out a player because he didn't line up right....

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,326
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic