Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I listen to the The Bear and Stanford Steve podcast every week... this week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I listen to the The Bear and Stanford Steve podcast every week... this week

Dec 5, 2019, 9:33 AM

they had a lot of good things to say about Clemson. I thought it was a great episode.

At the end, Bear says that he’s got a buddy who is really in tune with CFB... as in, he watches a lot of games, and knows his stuff (maybe a former coach, IDK). Anyway, Bear said he trusts what this guy tells him football wise.

Earlier this week, he told Bear that OSU was absolutely beatable, but that he WOULD NOT want to play Clemson. At All.

Anyway... I think it’s a good podcast. It’s on the ESPN app.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course OSU is beatable, but it will take a near

Dec 5, 2019, 9:40 AM

perfect game to do it. I definitely trust Dabo over Ryan Day. If our DL can keep Fields contained, I think our DBs can keep him from beating us by throwing it downfield. JK Dobbins will be kept in check...doubt he would get more than 75 yards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I think we are built to beat OSU, simply b/c of Simmons

Dec 5, 2019, 9:51 AM

We can account for Fields in a way no one else can... Isaiah takes away any advantage Fields has in space. Facing Perkins this weekend is the best thing that could have happened. It will be great prep for that potential matchup.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we are built to beat OSU, simply b/c of Simmons

Dec 5, 2019, 9:57 AM

We will certainly find out how true your statement is this weekend when we get Justin Fields lite in Perkins.

It will be interesting to see how Venables plays against him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dobbins will demand extra guys in the box. I assume we are

Dec 5, 2019, 10:18 AM [ in reply to I think we are built to beat OSU, simply b/c of Simmons ]

going to stick with 3 DL so we are going to need a few extra defenders in the box to help out with Dobbins and of course we have to contain Fields as well. Then they will look to hit us deep like they kept doing to Michigan, but that will be tougher because we have much better and faster DBs.

The key to stopping OSU's offense is to get them in passing downs. Fields isn't great on passing downs and takes a ton of sacks in those situations because he tends to hold the ball too long. But we have to get them in passing downs first, and that's something most teams have failed to do against them.

Their defense is 100% legit too. It will be a very tough game.

Re: Of course OSU is beatable, but it will take a near

Dec 5, 2019, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Of course OSU is beatable, but it will take a near ]

I like a lot of what you said, but I think it will be on our d-line to stop Dobbins and more on the LBs to stop Fields from running.

It's a tough ask for LBs to play against OSU's offense because they try to get LB's in coverage on their crossing routes while the LBs also have to worry about Field's running ability.

It would be a key matchup in the game for sure.

Yes that will be on the LBs, I just meant the DL needs

Dec 5, 2019, 10:58 AM

to keep him in the pocket. Of course if we go with a 3-man front, which I'm guessing we will, then everything I said is wrong!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Pics of the bear?

Dec 5, 2019, 9:40 AM

Signed,

Francis Marion®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Pics of the bear?

Dec 5, 2019, 3:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Also

Dec 5, 2019, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Pics of the bear? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Re: I listen to the The Bear and Stanford Steve podcast every week... this week

Dec 5, 2019, 9:41 AM

Ohio state & LSU Are Praying they are # 1 because neither team wants to play Clemson. Both of them have great teams but I believe we are on another level and we are experienced in playing playoff games.

It makes a difference to be mature and know all year we where waiting.

Tigers are going to win again!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 5, 2019, 10:11 AM

Well just keep that R O Y bus fueled up Humble, our team will be boarding pretty soon!!!

Dec 5, 2019, 9:48 AM

Shouldnt Bear be hibernating?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then what happened?

Dec 5, 2019, 9:50 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic