Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think the committee votes Bama #1....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Do you think the committee votes Bama #1....

Nov 10, 2015, 5:29 AM

and does it matter? And even further, does the voting of a one loss team (whose loss at home against a team that looks more suspect each week) as the best in the team in the country question the credibility of this committee to objectively look beyond the echo chambers of ESecPN and the national media? I believe so. I believe that when you look at the power 5 conferences, if you are undefeated especially in weeks 9/10/11 that you should be rewarded for that. If you take a loss, not until the other do too, can you be rewarded with a playoff berth. Of course we all saw what they did last year...so I wouldn't be surprised.

Keep winning Tigers and all who doubt will be silenced!

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm no football guru; however, I believe Clemson will

Nov 10, 2015, 5:38 AM

retain its #1 ranking, followed by Ohio State, Bama and either Baylor or Oklahoma State.

We successfully ridded ourselves of that ten-ton gorilla called Florida State (for this year at least,) while Bama has its own ten-ton gorilla still on its back...Ole Miss. While they might have upended LSU, they don't deserve the #1 spot yet...a position I believe the committee will take.

Then again, I could be full of .......! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hartins with the correct answer.....***

Nov 10, 2015, 5:58 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is not

Nov 10, 2015, 6:28 AM

full of s..t!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Do you think the committee votes Bama #1....

Nov 10, 2015, 6:36 AM

In the old days NO school would be ranked no 1 with one loss, unless everybody had one loss. Also, a loss at the end of the year was fat worse than one at the beginning of the season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they do, that committee is officially a joke...

Nov 10, 2015, 6:53 AM

Losing has to mean something. After all, if a team loses the NC, they don't award the title or give a consolation to the loser. Bama is a good team but they should be no higher than 3 at best.

Hell, it might not even matter. It's very possible they could lose to Miss St.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If they do, that committee is officially a joke...

Nov 10, 2015, 7:34 AM

I disagree.mlosing doesn't mean much-everyone does it, except those few who do not. As a result, winning should stand for something. If we win out, it should be recognized.

That's the most backward-@$$ logic I've ever heard

Nov 10, 2015, 8:13 AM

"Losing doesn't mean much, everyone does it" are you serious? If everyone loses, except us, that means so much more.

Not sure what you're smoking but you need to take a short break for reflection before you try to relay what's going on in your head and placing it permanently on the inter webs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you kidding??

Nov 10, 2015, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: If they do, that committee is officially a joke... ]

SO, a loss to a 3-loss, likely out of the polls Ol Miss doesn't count now? Why not? I can understand an early loss doesn't hurt you as much as a late loss, but having a loss period to a 3 loss team should be enough to hold you out of the #1 spot, at least until the undefeated team above you stumbles or looks bad in a narrow "luck" win.

I think what he's trying to say is

Nov 10, 2015, 8:42 AM

SEC loses are like wins.

Re: I think what he's trying to say is

Nov 10, 2015, 9:00 AM

Also, because Notre Dame was forced to play us in a monsoon negates their loss because we played them on the sunny side of the field. Also, "everybody" knows Notre Dame is a world class team and we are just a lucky, less talented team and they deserve to out rank us, period! That is the joke that is an OBJECTIVE, UNBIASED committee.

That was establish last year when the POC put...

Nov 10, 2015, 8:32 AM [ in reply to If they do, that committee is officially a joke... ]

three SEC teams in it's top four when they poll first came out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Especially a loss AT HOME to a now three loss team***

Nov 10, 2015, 8:52 AM [ in reply to If they do, that committee is officially a joke... ]

nm

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Especially a loss AT HOME to a now three loss team***

Nov 10, 2015, 9:03 AM

Not to mention how they lost. That game was 30-10 late in the third quarter.

Nov 10, 2015, 6:56 AM

You know what, I don't think it matters at all. The 1# ranking is no better than the #4 ranking. You get no tangible benefit from being voted 1# over any other slot. Once Dec 6th we can be 1,2,3 or 4 ... doesn't mean a thing. Sure, you could argue that a close loss for the 1# team could possibly keep them within striking distance of getting back in the voting at the end of the year - but that isn't going to happen.

Just rank us whatever it takes to get us in the Orange Bowl,

Nov 10, 2015, 7:05 AM

instead of having to travel across the country. Save the cross country flight for the "Texas Toaster"!

I don't think the committee will dare to give Alabama #1.

Nov 10, 2015, 7:52 AM

They will drive the whole nation mad, except Alabama fans and SEC. The whole committee and playoff system will be heavily criticized. And they will have to give a good explanation why Alabama deserves to be #1, which they won't be able to, even if they try to justify that Alabama won over #2 LSU soundly.

Alabama lost to Ole Miss (at home) who lost to Memphis who lost to Navy who lost to Notre Dame who lost to Clemson. LSU played a competitive game against Syracuse--the team that is 2nd to last in ACC in total offense and last in ACC in total defense.

That's why Clemson stays at #1. Alabama jumps to #2 because they beat LSU, while Ohio State struggled against Minnesota at home. Oklahoma State jumps to #4.

I wish these "do you think" posts would stop***

Nov 10, 2015, 8:00 AM

Do you think

Nov 10, 2015, 10:15 AM

I care what you wish? ;)

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Not this week, but it's possible they will before the end of

Nov 10, 2015, 8:02 AM

the season. I also think 13-0 Ohio State would jump us after beating Mich St, Mich, and Iowa, and possibly OKST / Baylor if one were to somehow win out. The thing that hurts the Big XII teams though is that they have absolutely no OOC wins aside from OU eeking out the comeback win at Tenn. Even 12-0 Baylor would just have a few wins over 2-loss type OU, OKST, TCU, and then a bunch of garbage. I'm not sure that resume would even be as good as ours if we are 13-0.

I guess it could depend on how ND, FSU, and UNC do the rest of the way. 11-1 ND beating Stanford, 10-2 FSU beating Florida, and 11-2 UNC after losing to us in the ACCCG would be great for us. That could even keep us in the mix for #1.

Nov 10, 2015, 8:07 AM

Good post .
I don't care who they rank or how , but I think Clemson being #1 across the board right now is more appropriate, given everyone else's body of work .
Ohio State had a home loss early in the 2014 season to a bad VT team , and they won out and beat 2 playoff teams to win it all .
I say it doesn't matter .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Maybe not yet.

Nov 10, 2015, 8:31 AM

If the committee has any semblance of honor and integrity we will maintain our #1 spot. Last week they proclaimed Clemson is the most complete team on both sides of the ball. That hold's true, perhaps even more so, now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2015, 8:48 AM

It would not surprise me at all. There is no way they can completely exclude the national perception from their rankings. Until there are more cross-conference match-ups, you have to build off of something. And right now, the CF world thinks Alabama is THE team.

I would not be surprised because it will generate water

Nov 10, 2015, 8:59 AM

cooler talk. BUT there is the ND thing still sitting hanging around. I really do believe that we got ranked #1 to help give talking points for ND. Remember, all of this is made for TV. The only way it is better than the 80s' way is that more football is played.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't bother me as it would give us additional

Nov 10, 2015, 9:56 AM

motivation to go out and prove over these next four games that we deserve the number one ranking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HellO NOOOOOoooo & if Bammer is #1 I will............

Nov 10, 2015, 10:00 AM

I will know it's rigged for SEC. Hey, remember even the well-loved BuckEYES last year went from #16 to #4 over a period of weeks..and no higher! Of course, they were in the Top 4 & won the whole shooting match.

GoTiGERS..#1 BABY

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic