Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think Dabo could help with recruiting Zion Williamson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Do you think Dabo could help with recruiting Zion Williamson

Dec 21, 2016, 2:48 PM

since Brownell helped him with Higgins?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: Do you think Dabo could help with recruiting Zion Williamson

Dec 21, 2016, 2:52 PM

Don't think he helped with Higgins at all, but yes. Dabo knows how to talk and recruit to young people. Knows how to sell a special place like Clemson. I think he could give experiences on what Spiller and Sammy Watkins did for the football program, and Zion could do the same for bkball. Get him on it...

Dec 21, 2016, 3:02 PM

Hahahaaaaa heck no...first Coach Brownell wouldn't know how to use a kid like that and at 6'7 230 with the agility that kid appears to have Dabo would be licking his chops to get that kid to be a TE.

That kid reminds me of a taller version of Shaq Lawson during his bball days at Daniel HS.

Dec 21, 2016, 3:06 PM

SMH

Dec 21, 2016, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Dabo could help with recruiting Zion Williamson ]

You've seen the NBA production Brownell has developed at small forward, right?

Dec 21, 2016, 3:42 PM

Shhh don't confuse him.

Dec 21, 2016, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Dabo could help with recruiting Zion Williamson ]

Aside from 1 year with Booker and KJ, please enlighten me? The book is still out on KJ. Don't get me wrong I pull for the Tigers and any of their former players but if you're going to use what he's done as a comeback have some info ready to back it up.

Dec 21, 2016, 4:02 PM

I stand corrected...Coach Brownell didn't coach Trevor Booker.

Dec 21, 2016, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Dabo could help with recruiting Zion Williamson ]

KJ and Blossomgame both were recruited and developed by Brownell and will be in the NBA.

"Book is out on KJ" combine that statement with your Lawson statement and it becomes fairly obvious you are clueless about basketball so there is no need to continue this conversation.

Have a nice day and maybe just maybe don't #### on things you obviously know little about.

Dec 21, 2016, 4:55 PM

Wow, sorry to ruffle your feathers Mrs. Brownell. Did you see Shaq Lawson at Daniel on the court? For a guy his size he moved very well IMO. Yes the book is out on KJ, jeez do you even look at the NBA stats? His avg. is less than 4 ppg. Hopefully they will go up. I believe he will do well in the NBA but not from something he learned from BB. Kid is an exceptional athlete that the NBA coaches will get more out of. Tell Brad Merry Christmas. Go Tigers!

Dec 21, 2016, 4:57 PM

Awww the ole you must be related to the HC retort. Once again thanks for showing that you are clueless why am I not shocked that you give CBB any credit for the DEVELOPMENT of KJ as a player.

I can now throw you in with the rest of the bunch of losers who do nothing but hate our our coaching staffs at Clemson.

Not to mention i have said this year is NCAAT or bust for CBB so get out of here with that non sense.

Message was edited by: Clemalum07®

Dec 21, 2016, 5:13 PM

My bad I guess you do know more...sorry Brad. Good luck buddy.

Dec 21, 2016, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Dabo could help with recruiting Zion Williamson ]

Why would you say that if he's doing such a great job?

And it never gets old seeing people call you Mrs. Brownell....

Lol.

Dec 21, 2016, 9:48 PM

I love when people make you look pathetic like they did in that other thread.

Dec 22, 2016, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Dabo could help with recruiting Zion Williamson ]

> Aside from 1 year with Booker and KJ, please
> enlighten me? The book is still out on KJ. Don't get
> me wrong I pull for the Tigers and any of their
> former players but if you're going to use what he's
> done as a comeback have some info ready to back it up.

I'm referring to the fact that, ever since Brownell got "his guys" on campus, our offense has essentially revolved around guys that are or are going to be small forward types of players at the NBA level. To me, that would naturally mean that the system is ready to go in terms of working through Williamson, should he choose to come to Clemson.

The offense worked through McDaniels in 2013-14, and it's worked through Blossomgame for much of 2015-16 and all of 2016-17 thus far.

To me, that makes the offensive system one where Williamson can be featured in a similar way as McDaniels and Blossomgame. It's similar to asking, "Why would a dual threat quarterback want to come and play in Clemson's offense in football?" One of the references in answering that question would be to look at the success of Tajh Boyd and Deshaun Watson to see some of the types of things that the player would be able to do in his sport in college.

The fact that we've begun developing small forwards at an accelerated rate over the last few years (Donte Grantham, with some development, could be the next one) can only be attractive to players who play that position at the collegiate level.

Dec 21, 2016, 3:05 PM

Dabo would be happy to help BB or anybody else who wanted to do something for Clemson. He is that kind of man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 3:08 PM

I know he def would help do anything for CU. The question was could he help get the kid.

Dec 22, 2016, 9:23 AM

If getting him would help Clemson, then Dabo would help get him, if he is able and has anything to offer that appeals to the young man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's already been on it.

Dec 21, 2016, 3:22 PM

Dabo sat with him at multiple basketball games and Williamson has been to several football games.

Re: He's already been on it.

Dec 21, 2016, 9:27 PM

Zion is headed to Duke. He has all but committed. The only way he does not go is if by some miracle, the current freshman return for a sophomore year.

Zion will be a Blue Devil next year.

Now please explain to me why he would choose Clemson over Duke for basketball.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic