Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump supporters aren't going to like this....but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 498

Trump supporters aren't going to like this....but

May 18, 2018, 4:56 PM

facts are facts. We need to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. Most Americans are not for taking peoples guns away. The vast majority of gun owners in the country are sane, careful and responsible.

But people with mental disabilities should not have the same access to firearms that others do.
It's just common sense.

You guys need to have a word of prayer with your party and your President:

"President Trump signed a bill blocking Obama-era background checks on guns for people with mental illnesses." - Mostly True

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-sign-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-illnesses/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump supporters aren't going to like this....but

May 18, 2018, 5:02 PM

let's start with hand guns, being that they kill the vast majority of people. It should be way harder than obtaining a drivers license, and you would need a psychological exam before obtaining one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2018, 5:04 PM

No, the vast majority of handgun owners are serious, responsible people.

May 18, 2018, 5:05 PM

explains why 2/3rds of gun deaths are suicides with hand guns.

May 18, 2018, 5:13 PM

Let's ban cars, more die in cars than shootings. Libs want to ban guns
but most of them have guns.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you ride your Glock to the grocery store?

May 18, 2018, 5:15 PM

Take the kids to school in your shotgun? Cars are an accepted, calculated risk because of the necessary utility they provide. Don't be dumb.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lowering the speed limit by 10 mph would save 100X more

May 18, 2018, 5:51 PM

lives than if we completely stopped all mass shootings forever.

If we would just enforced the existing speed limits

May 18, 2018, 6:03 PM

We’d all be ok.

Isn’t that how this is played?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

That would work too, because its the equivalent.

May 18, 2018, 6:05 PM

10 over is the norm.

It's just hypocritical that many are outraged about one way to save lives, but are annoyed/not moved when faced with the prospect of saving literally exponentially more lives. Because one doesn't affect them and the other does.

This debate is not about saving lives. It's about being able to judge others and partisan politics.

Oh I agree

May 18, 2018, 6:12 PM

I was paraphrasing the typical response

Winning the pissing contest is all that matters anymore

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Well it was a clever response, so I pointed you.***

May 18, 2018, 6:12 PM

Re: Lowering the speed limit by 10 mph would save 100X more

May 18, 2018, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Lowering the speed limit by 10 mph would save 100X more ]

It's funny that you got owned hard about this last time but you still use it like we all forgot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you joking? You are thoroughly delusional. (Link)

May 19, 2018, 11:37 AM

I provided evidence, and demonstrated clearly that you are talking out of your @ss.

You are embarrassing yourself.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Got-you-now-brah-Click-right-here-23143035#23143035

I'd be on board with treating guns like cars. Let's flesh

May 19, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump supporters aren't going to like this....but ]

this out a bit.

Like cars, let's put in an age limit to operate a gun. A written exam and performance test could be used to license all gun owners.

Then, let's make all guns be registered with the state and subject to yearly taxes. The more guns you own, and the higher their value, the higher your taxes.

We did away with the inspections of cars in SC, but many other states do emissions tests and safety checks. Maybe something like bring your guns in every 2-3 years to verify that you still own them and they're in proper working order?

I recognize that cars can be sold private party and through dealerships. However, you'd still need to register and title a car purchased through a private party.

I like this car comparison thing. I think you're onto something.

Re: I'd be on board with treating guns like cars. Let's flesh

May 19, 2018, 11:15 AM

I have never seen this as an issue that is going to keep me up at night. Gun owners, statistically speaking, make themselves a liability to themselves by owning one, thins the herd I guess. The chance that you will need one to defend your life, or to heroically stop a crime is pretty slim. I find them distasteful personally, but from experience I also know that they are a lot of fun. I am more against the narrative that we need them, and the world is so dangerous that we need to arm ourselves. I say just admit that they are cool toys and keep them out of the hands of crazy people.

Re: I'd be on board with treating guns like cars. Let's flesh

May 19, 2018, 3:24 PM [ in reply to I'd be on board with treating guns like cars. Let's flesh ]

#### Robertn, I agree with you. I knew we could agree on something.

May 18, 2018, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump supporters aren't going to like this....but ]

Part of the problem is that it's difficult to have a plan or discussion because the arguments always turns into a 'ban them all" argument and defense.

The far left wants to ban them all, and the NRA bangs the same drum.

The NRA wants to fix NICS, Democrats don't.

May 18, 2018, 6:10 PM

Democrats want to keep things that GOP can't support in their bills so they can use it against GOP during elections. This is at the expense of saving lives, which fixing NICS and actually enforcing the laws we have, would do.

Re: The NRA wants to fix NICS, Democrats don't.

May 18, 2018, 6:23 PM

Democrats want to keep things that GOP can't support in their bills so they can use it against GOP during elections. This is at the expense of saving lives, which fixing NICS and actually enforcing the laws we have, would do.

Does fixing NICS require 60 votes?

I think what he's talking about was added to spending bill..

May 18, 2018, 6:29 PM

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/after-santa-fe-school-shooting-democratic-lawmakers-slam-gop-inaction-n875466

"a limited background check bill that seeks to improve enforcement of the existing system by prodding various agencies to keep their records updated, was rolled into the omnibus government spending bill that was signed into law in March."

Dems wanted a more robust universal background check and didn't like Republicans trying to add a conceal carry addition (NRA supported) to the original fix NICS bill.

Here

May 19, 2018, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: The NRA wants to fix NICS, Democrats don't. ]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/02/28/why-senate-democrats-are-considering-holding-up-a-gun-control-bill-from-one-of-their-own/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1f598c9f4e91

May 18, 2018, 5:16 PM

Felix, you should run for Congress. That at least would keep you from using
Tigernet as your job. I'll vote for you.

May 18, 2018, 5:52 PM

Interesting that no one responded to the original post.

I’m pretty sure that at this point the only thing he could

May 18, 2018, 6:17 PM

do to alienate his supporters is to flip parties and run in 2020 as a Democrat.

Even then I’m not too sure that would do it.

Sure would be fun if he did though.

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

May 18, 2018, 7:52 PM

Still no response to Trump ending a program that would help prevent the mentally ill from acquiring weapons....

Replies: 24
| visibility 498
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic