Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN announcers for Clemson-Georgia Tech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN announcers for Clemson-Georgia Tech

Oct 6, 2015, 11:05 AM

ESPN announcers for Clemson-Georgia Tech

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:ESPN announcers for Clemson-Georgia Tech- volume off

Oct 6, 2015, 11:07 AM

not listening to them or Munson. Anyone worth a carp commenting on it that I can listen to

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is the over/under on how many times Ed

Oct 6, 2015, 11:12 AM

Cunningham talks about how little Clemson cares about their quarterback because of how many times they run him. He talked about that for 2 quarters every time he called a Clemson game when Tajh was the QB.

Re: FB Update: ESPN announcers for Clemson-Georgia Tech

Oct 6, 2015, 11:15 AM

we need to even this series up. We are 24 games behind!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2015, 2:40 PM

You do understand why we're 24 games down in the series don't you?

From the first time we played them in 1898 we never played them in Clemson until my senior year in 1974.
Although we beat them in the first 4 games and had a record of 6-1-1 through the first 8 games of the series, from 1908 until their first visit to Death Valley in '74 we only won 3 games in Atlanta-1936, 1945 & 1969. They paid us handsomely to come to Atlanta. They were our "money game" each year so we could finance our athletic department. We whipped their butts in '74, barely lost in '75, tied in '76, beaten badly again in '77, so they cancelled the series and didn't want to play us anymore b/c it wasn't an automatic win for them anymore and we demanded that it be a home & home series.
When they joined the ACC in '83 they had to play us home & home.

Since that time Clemson leading the series 16-15---it's been very competitive with their win in 2009 Championship Game being vacated (although they did beat us).

I also can not tell you the number of games that Tech came back and beat us in the 4th quarter after we led the game for 3 quarters since I started attending games in Atlanta in 1965-70 when my older brothers played. Same thing happened again during my years, but then came that magical 1974 season when we finally got them in the Valley!!
And, many fans do not know that when they were Independent after getting out of the SEC that they could recruit as many players each year as they wanted. No restrictions on recruiting classes size. That made a heck of a difference in their depth when compared to ours. But now that we're playing on an even playing field, it's very competitive.

I do agree with you though, I'd love to even this series up. That would be a great accomplishment for our Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, old Ed the Horse will be here. Look for his

Oct 6, 2015, 11:15 AM

distaste for anything positive for Clemson. That's because Ed--Ed the Horse -- is a Horse's Hind.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, old Ed the Horse will be here. Look for his

Oct 6, 2015, 11:26 AM

I'm so amazed how he has an opion on everything and corrects himself all the time with impunity after he has shot his stupid mouth off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if I'm going to have to complain about them again

Oct 6, 2015, 11:18 AM

Those two guys hate to give us any credit during a game. It was so bad one game that I decided to contact ESPN about it along with a bunch of other Clemson fans. The following week that had changed their tune.

Go Tigers!

When you'd rather have Carson Palmer announce

Oct 6, 2015, 11:45 AM

than you would Ed Cunningham, you know the dude is just flat-out awful.

Do you mean Jesse(Pretty Boy) Palmer?***

Oct 6, 2015, 12:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jesse My suit is too small Palmer!***

Oct 6, 2015, 2:31 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad I'll be there in person***

Oct 2, 2021, 10:20 AM

me too.

Oct 6, 2015, 12:00 PM

although I would rather listen to Munson any day...........and that says a lot

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Oct 6, 2015, 12:01 PM

Poor crew ahhhhhhhhh!

So glad I will be at the game. Geez they're bad...***

Oct 6, 2015, 12:18 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Oct 6, 2015, 12:18 PM

During last years bowl award presentation on ESPN3, Ed "horse face" Cunningham and Mike "the mongoloid" Patrick got caught on a hot microphone stating our defense would be horrible this year. Well what do you say now you two boneheads... Really dislike this crew between Cunningham's constant blabbing about ref calls mixed with his worthless opinions and Patrick's inability get player names correct these two are about as unprofessional as they come. What a couple of d0uches....Thank God I will be in Death Valley and won't have to listen to these clowns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2015, 12:30 PM

Do you have a source for this?

Oct 6, 2015, 1:28 PM

Audio attached.... Mongoloid Patrick states "Like 3 of those last 4 runs where they were unmolested - that's what it's going to look like next year; cause they lose 13 out of 16 guys" and you can hear horse face Cunningham respond "yeah" before ESPN cut their microphones.

A couple of classless dirtbags for talking trash about us after we just smoked Oklahoma...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting.

Oct 6, 2015, 12:21 PM

I guess they are keeping the scrubs through this layoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting.

Oct 6, 2015, 1:36 PM

Ed Cunningham is as bad as it gets....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh great. Definitely looking forward to

Oct 6, 2015, 1:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Dumb and dumber.***

Oct 6, 2015, 1:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2015, 2:02 PM

Testing the mute button now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: only one person worse than Ed...

Oct 6, 2015, 2:29 PM

Todd Ellis

I will NEVER Forget the Hot-Mic Comments

Oct 6, 2015, 8:33 PM

They can Kiss my Orange A$$$.

Everyone really needs to screw with the Asss-Clowns

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Guess I'll go now or turn off the sound

Oct 6, 2015, 10:17 PM

I had planned to let my boys use my tickets. I can't take Cunningham. Mike Patrick was a good announcer in the old days - before he became senile. Think he likes the ACC & especially Clemson. He just can't keep stuff straight anymore. He's 71 now. Isn't he the one who called Brad Brownell about 6 different names on a basketball broadcast?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guess I'll go now or turn off the sound

Oct 7, 2015, 5:54 AM

NEGATIVE IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!, THINKS HE'S A REFEREE TOO:(

Re: Guess I'll go now or turn off the sound

Oct 7, 2015, 5:55 AM

NEGATIVE ED THAT IS.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic