Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame just got $90 million from Under Armour
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,161

Notre Dame just got $90 million from Under Armour

Jan 21, 2014, 1:18 PM

WOW!

Coots will be mad. Maybe time for Clemson to look at them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Notre Dame just got $90 million from Under Armour

Jan 21, 2014, 1:21 PM

Jesus oh mighty lord, under armor is for coots and terripans.

It's the little brother of athletic apparel.

I know the point you're making, so I won't argue with you,

Jan 21, 2014, 2:27 PM

but Under Armour holds most of the patents on their cold and heat gear and were the original. Pretty cool story how they started too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

They won't make us wear ugly unis. Ive seen ND's and they

Jan 21, 2014, 3:00 PM

are the same as before just have a under armour logo instead of adidas. You wear what you want to wear except for I think they make you wear the Wounded Warrior ones

Re: Notre Dame just got $90 million from Under Armour or

Jan 21, 2014, 1:22 PM

Adidas. Maybe they are smarting from the loss and looking to add another school

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll make us wear really ugly uniforms

Jan 21, 2014, 2:00 PM

http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/louisville-adidas-camo-jerseys-570x407.jpeg

ACC! ACC! ACC! ACC!***

Jan 21, 2014, 1:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 21, 2014, 1:28 PM

Nike quality has dipped significantly over the last few years and is no longer unique for each college. I'd like to see Under Armour or Adidas step up and take over our marketing. Of course they better had not mess with the uniform designs, traditional needs to stay traditional.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He ll no! We will never switch to under armor.

Jan 21, 2014, 2:05 PM

Under armor is for preteens, dbags and coots. Why would we switch from the company with the deepest pockets who has given us everything we ask for to a company that makes ugly gimmicky uniforms like that gray crap USuCk wore or whatever the hell maryland wears. Nike is and for the foreseeable future be the premier brand in college football.

Do you have any idea how little we get from Nike?

Jan 21, 2014, 2:26 PM

$600,000 in apparel and $400,000 for coaches. Most schools get in excess of $1M for each. Our Nike deal sucks! http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/blog/threads_and_laces/2013/12/database-nike-adidas-under-armour-ncaa.html?page=all

Comparatively speaking, Nike grossly underpays Clemson

Jan 21, 2014, 2:42 PM

and unless Nike is willing to significantly increase its compensation package, Clemson needs to look more closely at its other options be that Adidas, Under Armour of whoever, as soon as the existing contract expires.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I like Nike the most -- I think the product is better...

Jan 21, 2014, 2:48 PM

and it has the most cache. The problem with Nike is compensation-- it is terrible for us. I'd like us to give Adidas a hard look. Would hate to have Under Armour.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frankly....

Jan 21, 2014, 3:21 PM

I don't care if its Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Russell Athletic, Reebok, or whomever.

My preference is whatever is in the best interest of Clemson.

Ultimately, they are all going to produce exactly what Clemson instructs them to produce anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really wanting to switch to UA from Nike, but just

Jan 21, 2014, 2:29 PM [ in reply to He ll no! We will never switch to under armor. ]

wanted to point out that UA doesn't make all ugly uniforms.

If you didn't know they also make Auburn's uniforms and they haven't messed with those so I doubt they would actually mess with ours if we told them not to.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's ND, we ain't ND.

Jan 21, 2014, 2:01 PM

I'd bet the ACC gets nary a penny of that money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would the league expect to get any of that money?***

Jan 21, 2014, 2:04 PM

Re: Why would the league expect to get any of that money?

Jan 21, 2014, 2:09 PM

They wouldnt.

But thanks anyway Barker. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Obama was the commissioner the league would get it***

Jan 21, 2014, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Why would the league expect to get any of that money?*** ]

Re: If Obama was the commissioner the league would get it***

Jan 21, 2014, 2:27 PM

Obammi is a commisar.....

Uh Oh.....NSA now on TNet.....

Re: Why would the league expect to get any of that money?***

Jan 21, 2014, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Why would the league expect to get any of that money?*** ]

Here's Johnny!!!!!!!!

Jan 21, 2014, 3:38 PM

Under Armor has taken over by storm

If any of you have braved the expense and tried their cold weather hunting gear, it is quite nice but pricey.

I would say Nike is very 80s and has been dropping since then. Adidas is the same, just a step above Russell Athletic. I would be willing to say Oregon probably gets a different quality of gear than everyone else simply due to the arrangement with the owner

Those of you who say UA is crap are really short sighted. They are the only ones making Nike pick up their game since Nike has been on top of the mountain for 4 decades

By the way the kids love it too so unless Nike begins to pay going rates, I say jump ship

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,161
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic