Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you feel sorry for Kenny Miles...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Do you feel sorry for Kenny Miles...

Nov 13, 2013, 8:05 AM

Have seen some posts that some are feeling sorry for Kenny.

I just can't believe this guy is "sick".

Has got to be more to the story, a lot more.

I just do not believe the truth has come out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope

Nov 13, 2013, 8:10 AM

Because a grown man, especially one with a degree in criminal justice, should know how to handle a handgun safely! On top of him filing a false report!

Re: Do you feel sorry for Kenny Miles...

Nov 13, 2013, 8:29 AM

Not feeling a thing for him other than for justice to be done, however it turns out. My guess is he won't like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I choose to withhold judgment until more facts are known;

Nov 13, 2013, 8:38 AM

however, I hate to see any young person becoming involved in these types of things, especially someone who has been as well-liked and regarded as Miles.

These types of matters transcend school loyalties in my opinion, for they take on issues of humanity with which we should all be concerned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said Hartins.

Nov 13, 2013, 8:55 AM

Well said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I choose to withhold judgment until more facts are known;

Nov 13, 2013, 9:13 AM [ in reply to I choose to withhold judgment until more facts are known; ]

I don't feel sorry for him at all and I don't care where he went to school.
Where's all the uproar over him saying a white guy robbed him?
If this was reversed it would be on ever major network.

No I don't feel sorry for his racist a$$ and when did he become so well liked?

Why are you so angry?***

Nov 13, 2013, 9:27 AM

Re: Why are you so angry?***

Nov 13, 2013, 9:33 AM

Sick of the two way street. More people need to wake the h3ll up and get angry and put a stop to all this BS.

He said a white man done it??? Where's Jesse LOL

Re: Why are you so angry?***

Nov 13, 2013, 4:37 PM

I wish I could be this jaded.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree***

Nov 13, 2013, 10:14 AM [ in reply to I choose to withhold judgment until more facts are known; ]

Well said

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: I choose to withhold judgment until more facts are known;

Nov 13, 2013, 10:18 AM [ in reply to I choose to withhold judgment until more facts are known; ]

I agree that we do not know all the facts so I will reserve my judgement, but filing a false police report cannot be ignored. Also, the blaming of a phantom white guy is racist and should be addressed. He should not retain his job with the AG.

Not sure we'll ever know the whole true story....

Nov 13, 2013, 8:39 AM

That said, his audacious actions cannot be condoned and he needs to face the consequences for his racially charged lies and for filing a false police report.

If he is indeed troubled to the point where he was attempting to harm himself as some have speculated, one can only hope that this lamentable incident serves as a wake-up call for him and leads to him receiving the help he so badly needs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 13, 2013, 8:40 AM

no, no i dont.

not at all...He chose to attend USuC

Nov 13, 2013, 8:43 AM

bad things are to be expected from that point on

Any way you look at it he's a troubled individual. Very sad.***

Nov 13, 2013, 8:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2013, 8:58 AM

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure what's going on in his personal life

Nov 13, 2013, 8:58 AM

But I can't excuse him for lying to the police.

if you did the same, would people feel sorry for you?

Nov 13, 2013, 9:02 AM

or would you expect that they make fun of you when you go to jail for it?

It was a bonehead move no matter what. ESPECIALLY for a criminal justice graduate. THAT'S the "funny" part of it. He knew better than to lie to the police (not that anyone with common sense wouldn't).

Karma.....

Nov 13, 2013, 9:12 AM

Of the day of the shooting, he knew what he was doing. He was tryn to screw somebody out of something. In the long run he ended up screwing himself. Why he did it I really don't care, you just can't fix stupid.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post Hartins!

Nov 13, 2013, 9:13 AM

Your Ambassador level is well represented by that post.

I assume most on here making jokes and/or lacking sympathy have never dealt with mental illness or depression in their personal life. This may not be the source of this incident with Miles but since the REAL story may never come out your post is good advice.

Re: Great post Hartins!

Nov 13, 2013, 2:24 PM

I have dealt with depression and I didn't shoot myself or say a black man robbed and shot me. This making excusing for people doing wrong is getting real old.

How about owning up

Armsb, most of us get frustrated, as you are, with the

Nov 14, 2013, 6:05 AM

excuse-making rampant in our society.

There are troubling elements about this incident with Miles, but at this point, other than the false report accusation, not much else has been revealed. Most of us would agree with you about the false report, however, there is more to this than has been released.

Having lived in the Columbia area for over 40 years, I have become well-acquainted with people across the Midlands, and reports indicate that Miles was indeed well-liked and regarded. Even my oldest Grandson, who lives with me and who has friends throughout the area, has commented that Miles was a "good guy."

Nevertheless, Leon Lott will get to the bottom of this, and, hopefully, Miles will be able to charter a better path for himself.

I'm in the minority in this world today.....I don't know ALL

Nov 13, 2013, 9:16 AM

the facts so I'm going to keep my opinion to myself!

I still think he is lying...

Nov 13, 2013, 9:17 AM

Better to say you shot yourself than have an investigation find out what you were really doing and the people you are really associated with. Filing a false police report brings much less of a punishment than other crimes that could have been going on...and much less than dealing with the consequences of getting the wrong people caught up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2013, 9:36 AM

Not atm.....

Go Tigers..........

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Not one iota. I couldn't feel less sorry for him.

Nov 13, 2013, 10:10 AM

And no, I don't think he was trying to take his life. As I said before, I think he intentionally shot himself as a way to garner attention, become somewhat of a hero and help further his football career (on the coaching side). The "the white man tried to steal my ring and I fought him off" is proof to me of that plan. And with all the crime going on in Columbia, he thought he could pull it off.

for someone to commit that act and then lie about it

Nov 13, 2013, 10:12 AM

there is obviously something wrong in his head/thinking. That's not something people usually do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2013, 1:52 PM

I believe that I read in an article about Miles, a couple of years ago, that he credited Marcus Lattimore and Dylan Thompson for leading him to the Lord.

Hate the chickens

Nov 13, 2013, 2:28 PM

But I do feel for him, whatever the case maybe he was in a bad situation, I honestly think he might have came across financial issues and was hoping to get money from fans or former teammates in the league, I think he thought he would be in the NFL and when he wasnt he didn't know what to do with himself, I think he is just a human being in dark times and I hope he gets the help he needs to deal with things if that is the problem

Re: Hate the chickens

Nov 13, 2013, 2:35 PM

Where in the world did you come up with this?

I don't know enough to feel sorry. Why shoot himself?

Nov 13, 2013, 4:01 PM

And in the arm? Was he trying fake a crime? No one tries to commit suicide by shooting their arm.

I don't usually feel sorry for criminals, and it sounds like he is either stupid or trying to commit a crime.

Re: I don't know enough to feel sorry. Why shoot himself?

Nov 13, 2013, 4:07 PM

Or maybe cover something up? Or protect someone else? Who knows? Leon Lott refused any further comment in the news. Very strange case.

So true.***

Nov 13, 2013, 4:08 PM

I know NOTHING about his character. Most people do not.

Nov 13, 2013, 4:06 PM

All most people know is that he was a good athlete at USuC. Folks commend him for coming back for his senior year. BUT he where was he going to go? The NFL clearly did not want him. USuC fans talk about what a great guy he was, but all they REALLY know is that he was a good athlete. They put all of their players on a pedestal --- even Garcia, who finally fell off after many, many mistakes.

And this situation is WIERD? I don't know ANY people of good character who shoot themselves in the arm and claim they are a victim. I am not sure what they are teaching Criminal Justice students and USuC, but PLEASE STOP!!!!

I don't feel sorry for him because

Nov 13, 2013, 4:14 PM

I don't know the facts. But for the same reason, I don't revel in his misfortune. Maybe it was an accident, maybe it was carelessness or recklessness on his part, but maybe it was none of the above. As a human being, and one who has never shot himself, I will wait until I have the facts before I join the posse gathering to hang him.

560 in Columbia has an "informant" that has been right all

Nov 13, 2013, 4:20 PM

along about the story.

He is saying drugs were involved.

That is believable. If he is suicidal why shoot himself in the arm?

Sounds like he was selling or buying and had the gun for "protection" and either wrestled with a dealer/user or was getting the gun out or putting it up and accidentally shot himself.

I Feel Sorry For Kenny Powers.***

Nov 13, 2013, 4:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2013, 4:56 PM

I can't believe some of you idiots are allowed to breathe the same air I do.

Re: Do you feel sorry for Kenny Miles...***

Nov 14, 2013, 6:20 AM

The whole truth and nothing but the truth

Nov 14, 2013, 6:24 AM

My future daughter-in-law graduated from UCS in May and her roommate was friends with several football players and she said she never saw Miles when he wasn't high.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic