Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Confidence at an all time high!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Confidence at an all time high!

Nov 25, 2015, 10:12 AM

I'm not as confident as you guys. It's fun to boast and taunt, game-week, but I'm a LITTLE more logical than you guys. I think the fact that their going to game-plan/play like a bowl, where you make decisions a little different than a regular season game, will help offset the talent differential. I think the original line of 15.5 is closer to what Vegas thinks, before the money poured in towards Clemson, what will really happen. I think it's a 7-10 point game well into the 3rd qtr, then we score a TD and win by 14-17, late. I'd say that's HIGHLY more likely than the 28 point beat-down...or even jumping out to a 21-0 lead. Hope I'm wrong...I just don't see that team laying down and taking a beating like that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW...this was the same board that predicted a 21+ point

Nov 25, 2015, 10:16 AM

beat-down of FSU. I re-watched that game last night and was reminded that they had two opportunities with under 10min left, on our side of the field, to score and tie or take the lead...and that 10 point margin only came from a late TD. Love our team...just not feeling as confident as you guys are.

Re: BTW...this was the same board that predicted a 21+ point

Nov 25, 2015, 10:18 AM

Yeah, we don't care, Coot.

My 1st thought everytime I see a "we dont' care coot" reply

Nov 25, 2015, 10:29 AM

is, "too stupid to have a real opinion...probably post "we don't care coot" on every thread he doesn't like."

After deep thought & consultation with Tiger fans nationwide

Nov 25, 2015, 10:39 AM

We don't care Coot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My 1st thought everytime I see a "we dont' care coot" reply

Nov 25, 2015, 12:28 PM [ in reply to My 1st thought everytime I see a "we dont' care coot" reply ]

I'll be sure to consider that first (albeit limited) thought the next time I post. Only the exact opposite. HTH.

2015 USC does not equal 2015 FSU

Nov 25, 2015, 11:57 AM [ in reply to BTW...this was the same board that predicted a 21+ point ]

Or.....2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 19945, 1993, 1992, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1988, 1987.....................FSU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was just comparing the confidence on the board***

Nov 25, 2015, 11:58 AM

Re: BTW...this was the same board that predicted a 21+ point

Nov 25, 2015, 3:45 PM [ in reply to BTW...this was the same board that predicted a 21+ point ]

Sakerlina ain't FSU. Not even the Citadel

Curious how "the board" predicted a 21point win over

Nov 25, 2015, 10:37 PM [ in reply to BTW...this was the same board that predicted a 21+ point ]

FlaSt....are you saying a poster predicted the large margin.....

I'm less confident you're Clemson fan than I am about winning Sat in chickenville

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don't remember predictions of a blow-out, rampant, then

Nov 25, 2015, 11:31 PM

you weren't on the board that week.

Re: If you don't remember predictions of a blow-out, rampant, then

Nov 25, 2015, 11:40 PM

you didn't answer the question---how did "the board" predict a 21 point win??

please troll elsewhere

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and btw---

Nov 25, 2015, 11:46 PM

Clemson began flexing its muscles approx midway thru the 2nd quarter of that game and dominated the trenches particularly on defense......while I doubt seriously a sober Clemson fan over 21 would've forecast a 3 td victory, it was just a matter of points because it became winter morning clear late in the 3rd who was the better team

Re: Tell 'em coot!

Nov 25, 2015, 10:40 AM

54% pulse....coot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

WF and Syracuse worried me

Nov 25, 2015, 11:52 AM

We will not be down for the USC game. That just doesn't happen. But that also works both ways and we will get their best effort of the year. Hopefully we have two or three quick TD drives planned that will work, and our defense holds. Once demoralized, their effort will wane. If this game stays within 2TD's, it will be close and tough to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you! Finally a logical answer. I agree...if it stays

Nov 25, 2015, 11:57 AM

with-in 7-14 points, they are going to play, and gain confidence. I'd love to score TD's on our first two drives and go up 14-0 and cruise from there, just not sure it won't be a 17-10 game at half, with them, and their fans, feeling good about themselves and building confidence.

Re: Thank you! Finally a logical answer. I agree...if it stays

Nov 25, 2015, 12:48 PM

Don't know about the "point spread"" ?? --- but, as long as #4 is able to play,we ""WILL WIN THE GAME""__________ GO TIGERS !!!!

Re: Confidence at an all time high!

Nov 25, 2015, 12:00 PM

Miami concerned me, Miami would beat USuC by two to three scores. Go Tigers!

Coot trolls at an all time high! Surprising considering 3-8***

Nov 25, 2015, 12:03 PM

Do you even 'eyetest?'

Nov 25, 2015, 12:06 PM

EYE THIS: 11-0 vs 3-9?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you even 'eyetest?'

Nov 25, 2015, 12:14 PM

No team would be looking ahead and lose to the Citadel if they were not a BAD team .,
They had no ability to beat them ,. or desire ,., It was no fluke loss .,
They got pushed around on both sides of the ball ., by the Citadel .,
Do you think those players wanted that loss on their record ., Did you hear the
excuses for not being able to practice for the option ., .,

Do you even proofread?

Nov 25, 2015, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Do you even 'eyetest?' ]

Since when as SC already played 12 games?

They don't have to lay down to get that beating.

Nov 25, 2015, 12:35 PM

Their best isn't even close to good enough.

GO TIGERS!!

Nov 25, 2015, 12:35 PM

I agree with you it is going to be a close game. Think about the Clemson-Carolina football history sometimes it does not matter what the records are or who the team played the week before it can be either team that comes out with a win. I am hoping we are able to get the win and I will be there to see it. Win or lose I am proud to be a Tiger fan!

That cliche just isn't true for this game.

Nov 25, 2015, 12:38 PM

The VAST majority of the years, the better/favored team has won this game

GO TIGERS!!

Hard to follow what you are saying here

Nov 25, 2015, 12:42 PM

The only way they are in this game is if we turn the ball over 6 times like we did 2 years ago. No they won't roll over and take a beating, they will be standing up and taking a beating.

Coots do not match up athletically or skill-wise with us anywhere on the field, Cooper coming the closest. They will try to scheme and misdirect us all day and may actually have a few successful shots here and there, but it won't be enough.

I don't see a 17-14 game. Watson will pick that D apart like a Thanksgiving turkey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're delusional. We couldn't stop a white FCS running back

Nov 25, 2015, 12:50 PM

your offense is going to absolutely destroy us. Not to mention we couldn't run on an FCS defense. No chance we can run on you guys and Orth isn't good enough to win throwing the ball even though I think your secondary is soft.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

We're 3rd in passing yards allowed per game

Nov 25, 2015, 12:52 PM

If you want to say our LBs are soft in coverage....perhaps

Clemson

Re: We're 3rd in passing yards allowed per game

Nov 25, 2015, 1:02 PM

It's one of those time the statistics don't truly show the whole picture. I think Notre Dame showed in the second half, with a backup QB. They went for what nearly 250 yards passing in the second half? You're not going to beat Clemson running the ball but you can through the air.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Because they threw to LBs in coverage

Nov 25, 2015, 1:06 PM

And only when we played deep to try and prevent big plays (didn't work).

NC St. had 254 yards passing, and they put up the most points on us.

I actually worry more about Adams than Cooper in this game.

Clemson

Nov 25, 2015, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: We're 3rd in passing yards allowed per game ]

No offense and I'm not thumb downing you but who can beat us in the air? Last time I checked no one has beat us through the air land or sea. A one dimensional team loses. They're gonna have to bring a complete offense to compete. Not too many of those out there this year. Don't get me wrong, we have to bring it every game. Go Tigers! Beat game chickens then we'll focus on tar heels.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2015, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: We're 3rd in passing yards allowed per game ]

The last few teams that tried to throw the ball on us constantly didn't get far. Interceptions, broke up passes, etc... No one has really successfully thrown on us the whole game so I have to disagree with you. And no offense, but we've faced a lot better offenses than the Chickens this year.

Nov 25, 2015, 9:47 PM

No we are not . Those stats can be a little hard to read. We are number 3 in the country at stopping the pass.

If you go back and watch the fourth quarter, you'll see

Nov 25, 2015, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: We're 3rd in passing yards allowed per game ]

that the vast majority of those yards were over the middle against Boulware and Goodson, not in the secondary.

Alexander and Tankersly is among the best CB combos in the nation.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both Kearse and Alexander have been projected 1st rnd.

Nov 25, 2015, 12:57 PM [ in reply to You're delusional. We couldn't stop a white FCS running back ]

Name another CFB school that can claim that... Even if they slip to 2nd rnd., this is still the best secondary SCar will have faced all year. Notice the "have"... it's your last rodeo for 2015.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many people forget....

Nov 25, 2015, 9:25 PM [ in reply to You're delusional. We couldn't stop a white FCS running back ]

Our secondary IS the strength of our Defense....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2015, 1:15 PM

I'm not confident that we blow them out. I think we will. But for the first time in a few years I'm confident that even if it's a close game we win. We have to remember that everyone is hyped for this game against us this year. People are trying different things than we see on tape because they know our guys are putting in the time for film and are ready for anything they've done. So we're not only getting their best but they are skeered and nknow the things they've been doing all year won't work. The key to this is as Dabo says prepare to be best us we can be no matter the opponent. I think this is why some of our games have been closer than we expect. Good news, we're learning to adjust durin the game. Again not confident we blow out usuck but am confident we win. I still think it will be 45 to 14 ish.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow you're terrible at the internet***

Nov 25, 2015, 3:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Are you that guy at the bar who watches games

Nov 25, 2015, 4:46 PM

that nobody else cares about and is really loud when he celebrates? I feel like you are about as likable as that guy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this smells of roasted chicken . . . . . but

Nov 25, 2015, 7:38 PM

i worry about EVERY game. I WORRY. that being said -
GO TIGERS!!!!!! PLEASE put a hurtin' on those gamechickens!!!!

Babagadoosh?

Nov 25, 2015, 9:22 PM

Go away...how many handles I gotta try to get banned?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic