Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
3 thoughts on the Clowney comments.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

3 thoughts on the Clowney comments.

Jul 17, 2013, 4:43 PM

1. I think it was stupid for him to say what he did, but if anything, its good for us, because it motivates the players just a tiny bit more to stop losing to the barbarians.

2. I believe very strongly that if it was a Clemson player who said the exact same thing about SCAR that a healthy majority of Clemson fans on this website would love it. So many people are being hypocritical, which is a permanent part of rivalries... obvious hypocrisy.

3. Clemson absolutely has to beat SCAR this year. They are embarrassing us and wiping our faces in it. It is a pathetic position that we are in these days, getting dominated and then complaining when their players brag about it. Makes me sick. Clowney may have made a dumb mistakes to say what he said... but the guy thoroughly dominated us last year. The only thing we can do is beat him. I think we will, but I thought that 3 of the last 4 years.

Tajh's response was the right one. He is obviously much more of a man than Clowney, who seems like a freakishly athletic child.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 thoughts on the Clowney comments.

Jul 17, 2013, 4:49 PM

1. Seems every year we're saying "well maybe THIS will motivate our players to more...".........i thought losing 1 in a row would've been motivation enough

2. I would love for a clemson player to have the attitude and the ability to back it up like clowney to say something like that..........clemson's too PC for that i guess

3. YEP.........they're beating our brains in and loving every minute of it..........wish our team would do something about it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Sammy say something similar about Georgia

Jul 17, 2013, 4:52 PM

Something about not just beating them, but beating them like we should. I remember some panties on this board being all bunched up about that comment.

i don't know.......but if that's true............

Jul 17, 2013, 4:54 PM

I love it............hopefully he doesn't make himself look like a fool though.

Re: Didn't Sammy say something similar about Georgia

Jul 17, 2013, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Didn't Sammy say something similar about Georgia ]

Something along the lines of "beating the mess out of them"

paraphrasing but it was similar to that

Just didn't say they were skeered of me.no big deal really

Jul 17, 2013, 6:40 PM

But you can bet clowney will get his share of cut blocks and double teams this yr. many coots say he takes plays off and the only way to really stop him is to frustrate the hell out of him. Block him with one man and have him have no respect for being cut and he will continue to do what he has done. You can bet ga will do all they can to keep him from being the difference maker he has been in somany of their games. He basically won three games for them last yr...tenn(after being held in ck all game) us with 4.5 saks, and michigan by getting te ball back and allowing ones last possession. And I truly do think Aaron Murray is terrified of him. He threw him around like a play toy his freshman yr and was on him from the get go last yr. it will be interesting to see how teams try to neutralize him this yr. one guy should not be able to repeatedly make the same teams pay

Do y'all really think lack of motivation has kept us from...

Jul 18, 2013, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: 3 thoughts on the Clowney comments. ]

beating SC the last 4 years

Jul 17, 2013, 4:55 PM

In response to #3, I think this is honestly as good a shot as any of the past years for us to break the trend. Look at how they have regressed and we have progressed.

Last year we didn't get blown out (the previous years were certainly more butt spankings than last year's game) and if we hadn't gotten away from our first half game plan in the second half, I strongly believe there would have been a different outcome; exactly like several years back when we took the ball out of I believe it was Reggie Merriweather's hands in the 2006 game instead of letting him punch it in.

We have the tools on offense, we have play makers on both sides of the ball and a hungry defense looking to stop the talk about sucking. And we have some of the best coaches around. Yes, it's at Billy Brice, but we used to own that stadium and just rent it out to them.

Jul 17, 2013, 7:53 PM

You do realize that our starting QB, RB and one of our OL were not playing that game. Our offense will be better this year. The only concern I have with this team is the secondary. If we lose at home this year it will be because of major injuries

Jul 18, 2013, 2:01 PM

Three players is why it was a closer game? Really? How do you figure that three players missing from your starting rotation factored into why it was a close game?

You can't discount what Thompson did in Shaw's place and I feel like he's better than "tough as nails" Shaw, so that position can't be counted in your assessment. RB - y'all played all year without Latti, most of 2011 as well, so that doesn't count either as a "loss" seeing as you also had several significant backups anyways. If anything, one member of your OL doesn't make that much of a difference.

On offense this year you have a controversy brewing at QB as OBS wants to use two QBs and I haven't seem him do that effectively at SCar and no big targets at wideout for either to throw to. OL is going to get worn out trying to let both hold the ball and scramble all season. RB is also a question because Davis is your leading returner there and there isn't much proven in the back field from what I see. The defensive line is the only part of the defense that returns experience and depth and your secondary is "high on talent" but lacks experience as I've seen it written.

Best Thing To Do In November ---- Add This and Add That

Jul 17, 2013, 5:48 PM

Just run right at Clowney. I'm talking send our best
physical players, and our best speedy players right
at him. Physicals = Ryan Norton and our
Thumper, Darrell Smith. You could also throw in
the hope that Isaiah Battle may man up by then and
just put his weight on Clowney.
Speedsters = With blocking run at Clowney with
sweeps, power dives with Hot Rod, Dye, Hopper, and
maybe Gallman. Don't prove to be scared but prove that
we are crazed rabid tigers and just RUN RIGHT AT HIMwith these combinations. with the speed of our offense, Clowney will get too exhausted to keep up.

Re: Best Thing To Do In November ---- Add This and Add That

Jul 17, 2013, 7:58 PM

Just stomp a hole in the sorry coots and they will shut
the #### up !!

Re: Best Thing To Do In November ---- Add This and Add That

Jul 17, 2013, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Best Thing To Do In November ---- Add This and Add That ]

I love your "prescription"! I'd add one thing: run a reverse with a trap on him and as he goes to change directions have him greeted by one of the biggies who then proceeds to loosen his shoulder pads. The key is then to remind him that the previous play was for his big mouth and that there is plenty more where that came from. If you take any c.... from a bully like him you lose!!

He had a couple of good plays.

Jul 18, 2013, 2:06 PM

one or two were when it didn't matter much, b/c we were desperate and in passing mode. These were stat-padder plays. Otherwise, no, I didn't see domination all thru the game. SC was overall the better team on both sides of the field, and our coaches were also outcoached and never held accountable for this, which is another story.

Re: He had a couple of good plays.

Jul 18, 2013, 2:22 PM

So are the stats that Tajh accumulated in blowouts vs. the likes of Maryland, Duke, Wake, NC State etc. stat padders too?

Nope, because when we got big leads

Jul 18, 2013, 3:01 PM

Tajh was pulled and Cole Stoudt got reps!

nice try though!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic