Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do we pull for Miami tonight?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Do we pull for Miami tonight?

Oct 10, 2015, 10:51 AM

We are already #6. We need to win-out to do anything. If we don't make the final four, which will be tuff, then it's the ACC championship that's next important. We want FSU to suck and lose right?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do we pull for Miami tonight?

Oct 10, 2015, 10:55 AM

I'd say we want Florida St undefeated and ranked when we play them, so no

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2015, 10:58 AM

^I agree with this. For ACC perception vs Pac 12's Utah, and our SOS looking stringer with a top 10-15 win, you want Fl State undefeated and higher when we play them.

IMO its more important for FSU to be 11-1

Oct 10, 2015, 10:57 AM

with a loss to Clemson so that we have another elite win. That's better for perception than 1 more won win for a pretty average Miami team.

Exactly.^^ I also want ND to win out with their only

Oct 10, 2015, 11:02 AM

loss being to us.

I root for miami.

Oct 10, 2015, 11:06 AM

I honestly think that if we win out, regardless of perceived strength of schedule, we make the playoff. FSU is our only real threat within the ACC. I hope they lose at least a couple.

Re: I root for miami.

Oct 10, 2015, 11:08 AM

The answer is no

Re: I root for miami.

Oct 10, 2015, 11:09 AM [ in reply to I root for miami. ]

^not if you are competing with Utah or Ohio State for that 4th spot. Keep in mind, no matter how bad Fl State looked, they got the 4th spot nod with Baylor and TCU on the outside...if Oh State is undefeated and vying for spot 4 too (and they are the defending National Champs), we may need a stronger looking Fl State win to give us the push into the 4th spot.

The day that an undefeated conference champ of a power five,

Oct 10, 2015, 11:14 AM

Misses the playoff is the day we go to 8 teams. When is the last time more than one team finished undefeated? If Clemson can do it, with our history, with our machismo, we make the playoff. Alabama who? Tigers control their destiny. Win and you're in!

Re: The day that an undefeated conference champ of a power five,

Oct 10, 2015, 11:18 AM

^ In my scenario, OH State would also be a conference champ...so now you'd have two undefeated conference champs...one of which won the natty last year. We'd be better off having Fl State ranked high, we beat them and jump to the #3 spot with 2 quality wins other teams may not have, securing us in if we win out and win the ACC.

Re: The day that an undefeated conference champ of a power five,

Oct 10, 2015, 11:21 AM

Meaning...let's say like Fl State, Oh State keeps not playing good ball. Committee starts dropping them to be at #4 (just as they did Fl State last year)...we'll need Fl State being a big win, so we jump OH State at that point to hit @ #3 or better if another team up there drops one...then it isn't us competing with the defending National Champ for #4 if they stay undefeated.

got to beat FSU regardless so why wish to weaken our SOS

Oct 10, 2015, 11:12 AM [ in reply to I root for miami. ]

for kicks n giggles ?

SOS is only perceived.

Oct 10, 2015, 11:21 AM

The media likes to push that but they always admit that wins and losses have no transitive value. FSU can not be perceived as weak ever. Look at the recruiting talent they have every year. Their demise can only help Clemson. Recruits start seeing Clemson as the team to play for. In my opinion (wrong as it may be), rooting for FSU is not much difference than coots rooting for UGA.

Re: SOS is only perceived.

Oct 10, 2015, 11:29 AM

I guess it's not good for us then that it isn't the media that decides the playoffs. We've shown we can recruit and we can produce results. Fl State losing won't make them less relevant on the recruiting field. But the committee did show last year that they were willing to nearly put Fl Sate out of the playoffs. Did their playoff butt-kicking affect their recruiting this past year?

Not on paper but,

Oct 10, 2015, 11:37 AM

How much positive press (recruits growing up hearing good things about Clemson) are we getting right now. Every time our enemy is weakened we become stronger. I won't ridicule anyone who roots for a rival. But when asked my opinion and questioned why I will say... I won't ever root for Carolina and it will take a miracle for me to root for a divisional conference rival. I hope they are decimated and questioning whether Jimbo is the coach next year. Dabo preaches that we play our game regardless of opponent. I root for our Tigers regardless of how other teams are perceived. I want an ACC championship, state championship, and a national championship.

Re: Not on paper but,

Oct 10, 2015, 11:42 AM

Trick is, if we can play sound ball and keep winning, you won't need Fl State losing to get all that. We can be the team that takes it from them. I personally would rather be the team that did it...IMO, that would help recruiting that much more if we took the "undefeated" from them, showing we are the only ACC team that can, and then went on to get the ACC title, and then the playoffs...and maybe the National Championship. Just me though.

Ultimately I guess u agree with you.

Oct 10, 2015, 11:50 AM

I wish every team we play has 1 loss at the end of the season and we stand on the mountain top. Maybe I'm hedging my bets a little. As a realist (or pessimist if that's how you view it) I want Clemson to have a better record than everyone else... However we get there.

Oct 10, 2015, 11:09 AM

Absolutely not! Never pull for free shoes and Jumbo. If they lose, that gives Clemson a lil bit of room in the Atlantic division. We want fsu to lose every conference game. They are our biggest competition in the division. Guys we ain't getting in no playoff if we don't win the ACC. And furthermore, fsu is one of if not the biggest competition on the recruiting trail. Every loss the incur is a win for us. Ammo on the recruiting trail. Boo fsu. Go Tigers!!!

Oct 10, 2015, 11:12 AM

You just made no sense. You started by saying you absolutely do not pull FOR Miami, then spend the rest of the post talking about pulling against Fl State.

No****

Oct 10, 2015, 11:11 AM

I just hope...

Oct 10, 2015, 11:18 AM

Prison riots are limited today. Florida residents sure get fired up for that game.

~JKB

The only FSU game that matters is against

Oct 10, 2015, 11:20 AM

us. If we ever need them to lose, it's because we lost. And if our loss is to FSU, they'll need TWO losses for us to come out on top of them. We don't want to lose to a two-loss FSU.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2015, 11:24 AM

ACC championship is the first goal. We have to pull for any Atlantic division team to lose especially playing a Coastal team.

This has turned into a great "football discussion" thread.

Oct 10, 2015, 11:27 AM

Can sometimes be rare to find here. Been fun fellas.

Great may have been a slight exaggeration.

Oct 10, 2015, 11:28 AM

Decent football thread. But still appreciated.

Oct 10, 2015, 11:29 AM

I definitely want an fsu loss. thats just me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there is no tombstone in it for us - pull for fsu

Oct 10, 2015, 11:52 AM

nc st was probably the only tombstone opp if they had no losses.

( regular season )

null

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic