Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do they give tours of the football complex?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Do they give tours of the football complex?

Nov 15, 2018, 2:01 PM

My fiancee and I will be back home, up in the upstate for over a week, starting tomorrow. We're both lifelong Tigers and IPTAY members, but due to work schedules, rarely get back for more than a day or so (however, we almost never miss a game - spend a LOT of time on 26 this time of year). Having a week where we're both off of work is so rare - maybe the first time in a decade. Anyway, was curious if they offer tours of the new complex? I'd love to take her through there, but I'd imagine it's pretty off-limits. So, was just curious - if anyone knows.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Primary Factor

Nov 15, 2018, 2:16 PM

Your odds will hinge on the numbers left of the comma on the check you sent to IPTAY.

You might get a mini-tour with some of the CUAD staff. The

Nov 15, 2018, 2:38 PM

slide is off-limits. Just call them and ask.

Re: You might get a mini-tour with some of the CUAD staff. The

Nov 15, 2018, 2:54 PM

Yea - I've previously asked for two very small favors over the past ~15 years or so, and both times have been immediately shot down by the athletic department. I don't see it happening; was just curious if anyone had been and how they got in.

LOVE Clemson to death, but unfortunately they aren't very accommodating with that type of stuff - which is understandable, I guess.

The trophy and ring sections are open to the public 9-5 M-F

Nov 15, 2018, 4:23 PM

But not the slide and other player areas.

Re: The trophy and ring sections are open to the public 9-5 M-F

Nov 15, 2018, 4:25 PM

Seriously? If so, I'll be there Tuesday morning. Good enough for me.

It’s definitely worth it.

Nov 15, 2018, 4:31 PM

They keep university business hours. I hope Thanksgiving doesn’t mean they are closed next Tuesday.

Re: It’s definitely worth it.

Nov 15, 2018, 4:33 PM

Well, I'll be on Keowee anyway and I'm sure my fiancee and I will hit up lunch either Mon or Tues in downtown Clemson. Nothing for me to just ride over and see. Thanks!

Staff gets Thursday and Friday off, so Tuesday should be OK***

Nov 15, 2018, 4:41 PM [ in reply to It’s definitely worth it. ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Do they give tours of the football complex?

Nov 15, 2018, 4:36 PM

We got lucky while up for summer orientation. Miguel Chavis saw me walking around outside the complex looking through the glass at the natty trophy on a Sunday evening around 820. He came out, introduced himself and said grab your wife and daughter from the car, I’m going to give you a tour. We did everything from the slide to locker room to nap room to entertainment area, inside and out.
It’s a night I’ll never forget. I was teary eyed!!!!

Re: Do they give tours of the football complex?

Nov 15, 2018, 5:09 PM

My family was lucky enough to go by the bye week. I had my nephew in town and we were taking pictures outside as well. Then the door opens and we are invited in. We are looking at the natty trophy and the young gentleman says "ok you ready to see the rest".He said all of you guys can come in except my nephew(he had a Georgia hoodie on), but he let him in and said "I will get that off of you but the time the tour is over". And he then gave us a full on tour. We did everything slide ,weight room, practice field, locker room, nap room, team meeting room, outdoor area, etc..We even got to throw and spend some time on the indoor practice field. And yes we were able to go down the slide. Lets just say it was extremely nice and couldn't have been a better day. At the end of the tour my nephew took his Georgia hoodie off and turned to his mom (a UGA Grad) and said "i want a Clemson Sweatshirt"

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic