Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do the 'canes have any real alumni fans? I haven't seen/met
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,659

Do the 'canes have any real alumni fans? I haven't seen/met

Nov 14, 2017, 2:55 PM

one yet. Clearly, most of their "fans" have never set foot on a college campus....it's about the trashiest group you'll find next to NC State/Coots.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-notre-dame-fan-fight-video-surfaces-9827558

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Hillary Clinton cheerleader that hosts Meet the Press

Nov 14, 2017, 2:59 PM

He's a Cane Alum

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do the 'canes have any real alumni fans? I haven't seen/met

Nov 14, 2017, 3:03 PM

I actually work with a guy who graduated from Miami. He is quite well spoken and has both an undergraduate and graduate degree. So yes, there are a few of them out there, but I will agree, not many! He has been very quiet during football season, but did say the other day that he would see me at Bank of America stadium in December. He's not one to brag a lot, so even that was a lot from him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do the 'canes have any real alumni fans? I haven't seen/met

Nov 14, 2017, 3:35 PM

Yes, there are quite a few of us. Notwithstanding the idiots seen in the video, most are pretty smart people. Miami is ranked in the top 50 universities nationally, and keeps climbing. That said, it's a small private university, so it doesn't have the alumni base. People always rip on us for our attendance, but the 45,000 hard-core fans we have show up every week and are as passionate as any in CFB. We get the extra 20k for big games, but I think attendance is really going to pick up - the stadium upgrades are amazing, and it's much easier to get people from Broward county.

I miss the old Orange Bowl though. It was a dump, but when it was packed and shaking, there was no tougher place to play. And you were right on top of the field. So we've lost that advantage.

I worked with a Canes grad a few years ago. But she wasn't

Nov 14, 2017, 4:29 PM

from Anerica and did not know much about football, so she doesn't really count.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I worked with a Canes grad a few years ago. But she wasn't

Nov 14, 2017, 6:14 PM

Well fat rear J-Low was at the game. But who cares. Don't like her anyways.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know several. Five from my HS graduated from Miami.

Nov 14, 2017, 6:36 PM

4 out of 5 are fans. One is indifferent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Similar to Most Private Institutions in Metropolitan Areas

Nov 14, 2017, 6:46 PM

that are recognized as being academically in the top tier, most of Miami's alumni are not locals.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,659
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic