Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do realistic fans exist on tiger net anymore
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 2,986

Do realistic fans exist on tiger net anymore

Nov 24, 2014, 10:00 AM

First let me say I am 100% a Clemson Tiger. I am attending school there as we speak. Spent six years in USCG and now I'm going back to school on the GI bill. It was my dream to attend school here and I'm finally doing it. So go ahead and call me a coot and tell me to transfer or whatever but orange runs through my blood.

I have realistic expectations for sat. I'm not going to to sit here and say oh yeah we are no doubt going to beat those dirt peckers in the ground. No way we loose. We are so much better than them this year. 0% chance we lose sat. No that's not realistic. This is what I truly believe. If Watson plays then yeah I would feel really comfortable. I say 70% chance we get it done and end the streak. If he does not unfortunately I think we are at a disadvantage. First for those of you saying we will shut out USC. Be realistic. That's not going to happen. They're going to score some points and we are too if we're going to win. I'm not saying they will drop 30 on us. I'm saying they will prob score at least 17 maybe 20 and we are going to have to be able to put up more than that. I have a hard time believing that Cole can do it. Sorry he just hasn't proven to me he can win on the big stage. I'm praying every day that Watson can suit up Sat. Yes I have faith and do think we can win.

Now let the haters hate. But I'm not going to post on T net like some of those ignorant fans who think we're world beaters every week. It's annoying to see we have a many delusional fans on here as the coot websites have, but I've read enough junk the past couple days and this needed to be said. GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!! BEAT USC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do realistic fans exist on tiger net anymore

Nov 24, 2014, 10:06 AM

Yes there are plenty of us but if you come here with a sub 30% pules and are just talking out of your ### you more than likely are a feather covered loser.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 24, 2014, 10:07 AM

Why not pray for Cole Stoudt, just in case Watson is not able to go?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 10:45 AM

I've been praying all season and it hasn't helped. I think I'm still being punished for taking that $20 out of the plate and going and eating at IHOP when I was low on money back in college.

I agree, realistic prediction is as follows:

Nov 24, 2014, 10:09 AM

Tigers - 63
Inbreds - 17

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nov 24, 2014, 10:20 AM

Here is the key to your topic:
"realistic" fans.
If you are a "realistic" fan,it is almost certain you are going to be labeled 99 1/4 percent pure ivory soap a"coot".
TigerNeters don't care about "realism".If you don't agree with their take,your a coot.
I too have "realistic" expectations for Sat.
We are better than they are,but we are not better if we have to rely on Cole Stoudt.
Cole didn't win us any of those games while Deshaun was out.Our defense did.
But Cole"cost" us the Tech game.It's one thing to "manage" a game,but 3 picks,two returned for td's will not win you many games no matter how good your defense is.
We need Watson,and that is the "realistic" take on the game Sat.
You are correct in that the coots will score some points.We will not shut them out.
If we do put 30 on them,we should win.But Cole won't get anywhere near 30.
However,I am not so certain that our defense can score enough to win if we have to rely on Cole carrying the offense.
And I can't be anymore "realistic" then that.

You seem to have some years on you so i ask you

You do know we are playing South Carolina this weekend and not Southern Cal ?

Right ? I am very realistic in saying that Cole, or Clemson for that matter , will not lose to Southern California this weekend.

Bet it. Go ahead. DO IT!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

York is pretty realistic.

The rest of us just pump sunshine. Go Tigers.

LOL oh lawd

Nov 24, 2014, 1:36 PM

Don't get dork_tiger started. He may actually think you're giving him credit which will only make him post more all-knowing gibberish. You know what they say, corvette is to guy with small penor as tigernet is too dork.

Welcome back, I see you're trying too hard already.***

Nov 24, 2014, 2:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I was giving him credit

Nov 24, 2014, 2:24 PM [ in reply to LOL oh lawd ]

At least he posts thought-provoking topics. What is it you provide? Other than laughter.

He provides an endless supply of

Nov 24, 2014, 2:52 PM

SCOKS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: He provides an endless supply of

Nov 24, 2014, 2:53 PM

Just nod your head and act impressed that he can get up and move seats at the public library.

Re: LOL oh lawd

Nov 24, 2014, 2:50 PM [ in reply to LOL oh lawd ]

No, no one's ever said that. Sounds like something that schizo/psycho Shane would say. If you don't know, Shane is T-Net's pet ###### that keeps getting put in timeout for soiling the carpet.

the evolution of shanely continues***

Nov 24, 2014, 2:57 PM [ in reply to LOL oh lawd ]

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Sigh...when will the "I'm Super Realistic!" Chest Thumping

Nov 24, 2014, 10:21 AM

posts stop?

Why do people think this is impressive?

Why are people so offended that FANS come on a FAN website and say we're going to blank the Gamecocks? So what? We're just fans enjoying the game. We're proud of our defense and sometimes we get carried away. It's not a crime, and none of us are playing the game.

I'm all for wanting Kirk Herbstreet, or any other national sports reporter, to do an impartial, "realistic" assessment of our team. But we're fans. We support the team. We point to the other side of the stadium and tell them that our boys are going to give 'em hell. Nothing wrong with that.

null

Re: Sigh...when will the "I'm Super Realistic!" Chest Thumping

Nov 24, 2014, 10:23 AM

The problem is, when you set those expectations and what really happens is far from your lofty expectations, you come on here and whine. As fans, we're allowed to think what we want. But football is much more enjoyable over time when your expectations are tempered.

That being said, I'm sure any Clemson fan would take a 1 point win over any kind of loss against SC at this point.

Not for me. Are there any other adults on here? Maybe

Nov 24, 2014, 10:26 AM

that's the problem...that this is a board for 18-24 year old fans and I'm staring at 40 and shouldn't be wasting my time here. :)

But if you are an adult, then you can get with a bunch of fellow Tigers, tell the Gamecocks that our boys are about to beat them to the tune of about 100-0, and then celebrate a 24-23 win like it's the Super Bowl. This is supposed to be fun.

null

Re: Sigh...when will the "I'm Super Realistic!" Chest Thumping

Nov 24, 2014, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Sigh...when will the "I'm Super Realistic!" Chest Thumping ]

You know I can agree with what your saying. I guess my main issue is those fans calling me a coot. Thats worse than calling me any other name and that's where this post mostly came from

Tell 'em coot

Nov 24, 2014, 12:57 PM

#9 to 6-5

I'm realistic too

Nov 24, 2014, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Sigh...when will the "I'm Super Realistic!" Chest Thumping ]

Inside scoop is players are scared to get a 6th loss in a row, team is very nervous and coaches are too. I hope we haven't given up before we even play. Dang I hope we win.

Lol.***

Nov 24, 2014, 1:33 PM

null

It's Rivalry Week!! You can be a realist this summer.***

Nov 24, 2014, 10:27 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Ok How is this for a realistic TIGER Fan: I don't

Nov 24, 2014, 10:31 AM

care who plays I expect us to win. As a TIGER fan I just can't realistically be negative and give up. Rather I say screw all you cocky suckers and show me where I have to be a pumper or dumper. I get plenty of sunshine and doom & gloom at work so why bother with calling out someone on a sports board where opinions are many and various.

Just BEAT the coots

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mad, bro?***

Nov 24, 2014, 10:39 AM

First let me say...

Nov 24, 2014, 10:40 AM

When someone's first line in a post is: "First let me say I am 100% a Clemson Tiger" that is usually a dead give away that they are not one.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: First let me say...

Nov 24, 2014, 11:30 AM

Like I said call me coot if you want but I know where I stand and I live in the middle of tiger town and get to enjoy avery min every day. You are one of those fans that give us a bad name and can go hang out with the delusional coot fans you accuse me of being.

Haha! I not only have a ring from Clemson, I worked there

Nov 24, 2014, 3:08 PM

for many years. If one is sincerely a fan, then there is no need to begin the post stating it. I have been around long enough to know that 99 percent who do are not.

Note: I never said you were a coot, but you could be.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Haha! I not only have a ring from Clemson, I worked there

Nov 24, 2014, 3:13 PM

Not true . People state it because they get called a coot almost instantly after anything disagreeable. So they state it knowing it's coming . Having an opinion , even a not so popular one , doesn't make u a coot.

Re: Haha! I not only have a ring from Clemson, I worked there

Nov 24, 2014, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Haha! I not only have a ring from Clemson, I worked there ]

Even worse! You work for here. Like I said you're giving CU a bad name.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Nov 24, 2014, 11:45 AM [ in reply to First let me say... ]

What an irresponsible statement. There are many points of view and many filters and ways people have of looking at things, and it does not make them less of a fan.

You misunderstood my point...

Nov 24, 2014, 3:17 PM

At no time did I mention that you had to agree with everything the coaching staff does in order to be a true fan. I have disagreed on occasion myself. However, keep your eyes open: ALMOST every post that begins, "Let me say first that I am a Clemson fan..." will not be a Clemson fan.

--Henry David Thoreau

Your pulse is indicative of the jackazzes on the forum.***

Nov 24, 2014, 10:49 AM

Nov 24, 2014, 11:30 AM

Yes. There are a few. We have approx 50% pulses. I think your take is excellent. Except I see 17 as coots ceiling for points unless we give them some.

Nov 24, 2014, 11:34 AM

You are a #### lover and are fooling no one.

null

Nov 24, 2014, 11:37 AM

is lose (loose) an SAT word?

Nov 24, 2014, 11:43 AM

Lets see, what can I get on this dude? I don't like what he's said:(. OH!!! GOTCHA!! spelled lose wrong. Take that you non sunshine pumper. Bet you'll think again before posting such nonsense on my board.

Nov 24, 2014, 11:46 AM

go ahead jump on how I said he's instead of he. Grammar man.

No they don't exist

Nov 24, 2014, 11:51 AM

I love my Tigers as well but clearly this site is worried about alienating the program or the coaches when they allow too much negativity. They even go so far as to allow end users to remove threads, which is silly.

And as far as people saying that people with low pulses are the coot disguised as a tiger fan, that's silly too. I'm sure it happens. But what really happens is if you cross paths with one of the tigernet scum lords , they go around and not only thumb down one post but every post you've made Til your pulse falls to very low. They do this thinking they are really sticking it to you. So the pulse is pointless.

I have been in tigernet since it began, when addresses were different . And I have seen people get banned and attacked hundreds of times over the years all because of varying views. Some people deserve it but many just get ganged up on by the tigernet groupies. My advice to you is to do what everyone else does, make an alt and voice the truth because it will definately get banned. It's just a matter of when.

I had an alt banned back in the Tommy Bowden era just because I said I was sick of that loser . Then he gets let go and suddenly everyone was glad. Or most at least. The point is , I've had two threads vanish over the past three days and I really didn't say much other than an honest opinion . I'm sure this alt will be banned shortly. The real problems in tigernet are not the people stating the truth, it's the thugs going around harassing anyone who is even remotely negative.

The one thing that matters is, just be yourself and don't let anyone tell you what to think.

Re: No they don't exist

Nov 24, 2014, 11:58 AM

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm pretty new to TNET so maybe I'm just not used to it all. I enjoy real conversation on how we think we can win and what we need to do better to win. Like whether Dye should start and how he may impact the game.

Nov 24, 2014, 12:00 PM

I agree my good friend . Don't lettem get you down.

Tell 'em coot

Nov 24, 2014, 12:57 PM

#9 to 6-5

Nov 24, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to No they don't exist ]

null

Typical dumper's terminology.

Nov 24, 2014, 11:56 AM

'Realistic, be real and delusional' to support 'what I believe, and how I see it...'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not during Rivalry Week***

Nov 24, 2014, 12:03 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this saturday, i've no idea what will happen.

Nov 24, 2014, 12:27 PM

I do know i'll feel better if Watson is playing. go tigers!!
drive their beaks into the turf.

Nah , just whiners that claim they are realistic.

Nov 24, 2014, 12:33 PM

It's the same on every single sports/movie/music/band message board out there. All populated by a certain segment that does nothing but whine behind their keyboard, when called out on being whiney little b!tches, they grab that "I'm just realistic" defense faster than a Coot can claim their schedule is the reason the suck.

Nov 24, 2014, 12:33 PM

Stopped reading after 1st paragraph could see it was gonna be either a chicken post or just another supposed Clemson fan saying how bad we would lose.
We got this game no matter who starts at qb . Go Tigers!

Replies: 47
| visibility 2,986
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic