Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do people complaining about Morris running Watson yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,235

Do people complaining about Morris running Watson yesterday

Nov 16, 2014, 2:14 PM

realize that's like saying: "_______________ got injured on a blitz so I don't understand why Vennables continues to call any blitzes?! He needs to adapt the defense to protect the players and stop blitzing."

It's a HUGE, necessary part of the playbook.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do people complaining about Morris running Watson yesterday

Nov 16, 2014, 2:24 PM

Wondered if getting knocked around would aggravate his hand and his throwing ability and why would the coaches risk it?

GT's secondary are good and Dabo & Morris must of been forcing the UNC/Duke offensive gameplan.

The NC State of spreading the d-fence and then running between the tackles was prolly more appropriate

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 2:31 PM

So he shouldn't have played at all? Cause everything could have injured his hand. Helll, he should be monitored for self sechual gratifications so that he wouldn't squeeze anything hard enough to tear a ligament in his wrist or hand.

###, why don't we just put the kid in a bubble and get it over with?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 2:36 PM

Did he have to run every play?

Could he throw?

My guess is you would have seen a couple of interceptions regardless of the quarterback.

And don't overhype Deshaun Watson

He'll turn out to be another Jacory Harris

And open your eyes to the rest of the football world.. You'll learn some things

I was amazed with so much running from a just-back injured player

Nov 16, 2014, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Do people complaining about Morris running Watson yesterday ]

Who was being hit very hard so often..and was passing well enough to not have to run so much..at least at first, imo.

Chad just seems so impatient & dis-satisfied in not having the Gurley-type RBack he needs.

What say You?!

GoTiGS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was amazed with so much running from a just-back injured player

Nov 16, 2014, 2:43 PM

I believe the idea is to get the d backs peeking into the backfield, committing to stopping DW from running, thus opening Mike Williams downfield.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was amazed with so much running from a just-back injured player

Nov 16, 2014, 2:45 PM [ in reply to I was amazed with so much running from a just-back injured player ]

Preach it, brother! I was thinking the same.

Nov 16, 2014, 2:42 PM

I don't remember DW running nearly that much against NC and NCST, and the offense killed those teams.

Nov 16, 2014, 2:42 PM

So basically you're saying "we do what we do"

I don't really care about this debate and haven't really taken any sides in it, but there's nothing unreasonable about not wanting to run your QB who's been injured twice in 8 months already.

Especially when he's a freakishly gifted passer. It's another story entirely if we run the triple option.

If you have the playbook please send it to me?

Nov 16, 2014, 2:44 PM

I would love to see the parts in it that says run or only QB that can play the position at a D1 level.

Watson as all the tools to be a great QB but he hasn't developed the body yet to run like that.

Call a few runs to get him in the flow of the game yes. Run him like a 235 lb 5-10 running back , no ..

Say thing he did with Boyd running him late in games we had the lead in, just no reason for it!!!

I understand what your saying. It is a huge part

Nov 16, 2014, 2:45 PM

Of our playbook, your exactly right. Its why we have been one of the best offenses in the nation the past few years. I just wish he didn't run them as much as he did while Watson was just coming off a injury and while Cole has been having a nagging shoulder injury. We are very thin with talent at the QB position. Behind Watson, there is no one who can run this offense the way Morris wants to run it. I don't mind a QB draw or a designed QB run here a few times a quarter, but morris was running Watson way to much yesterday before he got injured. I wouldnt have a problem with it if we just had better talent at the QB behind Watson. Just my opinion

Running Watson was brilliant. Clearly GaTech was not ready

Nov 16, 2014, 2:48 PM

for it and clearly he hurt is knee in a freak accident and wasn't touched by a defender. If people are blaming Morris for running a running QB with healthy legs (and a bum hand) they are nuts.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,235
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic