Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do not make the mistake of thinking our football team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Do not make the mistake of thinking our football team

Feb 25, 2013, 5:11 PM

has "arrived". They are good but they are not the type of team that just walks out and wins it. There are big-time away games that will keep us on edge. NC STATE on Thursday night is scary. So is that last trip to Maryland--shuddering at the score at half last time we were there. And what about Virginia where we played a knuckle biter the last time? What about the unknown of Syracuse?

This season could be huge but NEVER just assume the Tigers have it in the bag. If you can support them--do it and help them in every way you know. But fight for it because nothing will be given. 2008 is a perfect example where the young men did not fight for their season and the fans thought it was in the bag and it was a total crash and burn.

Excited but I know a little luck has to be in the stars and a whole lot of respect for the opponents and hard work in the off season has to be endured to make history and win conference crowns and even bigger trophies.

ALL IN. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do not make the mistake of thinking our football team

Feb 25, 2013, 5:18 PM

tell it, AT!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T. Boyd and company

Feb 25, 2013, 5:21 PM

Will keep this team grounded in a good way Boyd remembers 2011 the slide we went on. Iam worried about what we do we execute we win.

Re: T. Boyd and company

Feb 25, 2013, 5:25 PM

Exactly...this is a much different program now than 08 and even 11 for that matter..Strong leadership deeper talent and a bigger pool of winners(By this I mean players who understand what it takes). This lockeroom is much stronger today than it has been in a very very long time.

Well said--was thinking the same***

Feb 25, 2013, 5:22 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I'll take Maryland, Cuse and UVA being trap games over

Feb 25, 2013, 5:27 PM

them being "must win" games of the past.

Its much better when your season is defined by what you do against top 10 teams rather than 3 or 4 years ago when we hoped to beat teams in the 6-5 or 7-4 range.

Re: Re: T. Boyd and company

Feb 25, 2013, 5:28 PM

Agreed "We execute we win!"

Sorry, but we are just plain better than all those teams you

Feb 25, 2013, 5:35 PM

mentioned. Just better and we will win without much worry. Our season hinges on UGA, FSU, and the Coots. We all know this. I don't understand the point in trying to build up or worry about games that are not to be worried about. I prefer not to use the word "arrived" but more the idea there is just a clear difference in us and FSU vs the rest of the ACC. It is like Duke/UNC during normal ACC bball years.

We have

Feb 25, 2013, 6:05 PM

a guy named Dabo who is in control of situations such as this. That is a good thing.

That's true - but being better and playing like we're better

Feb 25, 2013, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Sorry, but we are just plain better than all those teams you ]

game-in-game-out are two different things. We were "better" than almost everybody on our schedule for most of the eighties, but we only went undefeated one year, and lost to teams that we were clearly better than most years.

That's the hard part - maintaining focus and intensity every game for a full season. that's why the best team doesn't always win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

that's what has got to be the best thing about last year.

Feb 25, 2013, 7:26 PM

we lost no games that we were outright more talented. both fsu and usuc had highly ranked, and highly talented teams. yes, we could have, and MAYBE SHOULD HAVE, won both games, but neither of those were like stubbing a toe against an inferior opponent. against both fsu and usuc, our db's were painfully exposed, along with kick-off coverage. we have,imo, addressed the db issues with one of the best db classes in the country ( we were very close to signing a couple more and that would have removed all doubt ).

our kick-offs and k.o. coverage HAS to improve, if not all we have are pipe dreams about ANY national title aspirations.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But yet we have lost to them.***

Feb 26, 2013, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Sorry, but we are just plain better than all those teams you ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Sorry, but we are just plain better than all those teams you

Feb 25, 2013, 5:39 PM

Good points.

I don't like 4 teams teams have byes before playing us

Feb 25, 2013, 5:52 PM

Ga.Tech, NCState, Syracuse and Fla. State.

Well said - can't snooze on many of those.***

Feb 25, 2013, 6:47 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Defense will be the difference this year. Big 'D'.***

Feb 25, 2013, 7:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's called "not getting your cart before the horses"...

Feb 26, 2013, 6:19 AM

as Dabo has said: "Taking one game at a time." Although I expect us to perform well this year, nothing is a given, and maintaining that attitude (to me) makes each game more interesting. Thus, like most TNetters I'm looking forward to Clemson/Georgia....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry, but we are just plain better than all those teams you

Feb 26, 2013, 7:32 AM

If players are thinking same thing then this is the kiss of death

I'm speaking as a fan only. I would hope the players have

Feb 26, 2013, 9:02 AM

respect for all their opponents and I believe they do. I clearly do not have respect for the opponents this year not named FSU, UGA, or the Coots. If it makes the game day experience for you more exciting if you build up some sort of nervousness the Tigers can lose to the other 9 teams on the schedule, then have at it. I'm going to sit back and relax and watch us sit our starters by the end of the third in at least 4 of those games.

Every team needs luck...

Feb 26, 2013, 7:39 AM

Saying we need luck to win them all is a bit of an understatement. We are probably the best team on paper in the ACC, which means nothing . We will have to show up and play well in every game ...especially well in half of them and out of our minds well in at least 3 of them.
Still thinking we can win them all , but UGA is a daunting home opener and Sackerlina FSU are both capable of embarrasing the Tigers. Clemson should win 10 , and 11/13 are possible if the "LUCK BE WITH US" thing fleshes out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Do not make the mistake of thinking our football team

Feb 26, 2013, 7:43 AM

I agree with this recent post. We will need to play every game as if it is the most important game of the season. Note to the team: don't get enamored with the press clipping. Those articles will not win the games for you. We know this from a few years ago when we were 8-0 and then lost several games.
We need to bust it every game! Go tigers!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic