Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do any of you Really understand the cost to attend Rose Parade & Bowl Game?!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Do any of you Really understand the cost to attend Rose Parade & Bowl Game?!

Nov 28, 2017, 8:38 PM

I do since attended in 1988-89, and it cost a fortune then!

Saying, the tix are sold out a year ahead & can go for prices equal to the Super Bowl since both the Rose venues are well over 100 years old..

with the Parade in nearby Pasadena being about 25 years older and a gold mine for them.

I'd go but the New Orleans venue would see many more Clemson Fans imho.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah it will be outrageous*****

Nov 28, 2017, 8:40 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah it will be outrageous*****

Nov 28, 2017, 8:52 PM

Been to the rose bowl. It’s a dump sitting in a beautiful location. Hope we win Saturday and head south.

Yeah great location.

Nov 28, 2017, 8:56 PM

I grew up around there. I still like the Rose Bowl though, even if very dated. I agree though about going South instead. I hope so.

I'd like to go there just this once.***

Nov 28, 2017, 10:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I am going to Pasadena or New Orleans

Nov 28, 2017, 8:40 PM

Very happy with either. Not a parade guy

^^ Not ordinary parade Buddy!

Nov 28, 2017, 8:47 PM

and when you see our beloved 433 member Tiger Band march down that parade route blaring out TiGER RAG to millions over the World on the tube..

then you're like being there smelling the Roses!

Get it!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do any of you Really understand the cost to attend Rose Parade & Bowl Game?!

Nov 28, 2017, 8:45 PM

We were in CA 20 years ago at it was crazy expensive.

I was there in 2003. Saw Washington State and Oklahoma.

Nov 28, 2017, 8:48 PM

Would love to go back to watch Clemson. It's worth the price.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Do any of you Really understand the cost to attend Rose Parade & Bowl Game?!

Nov 28, 2017, 8:48 PM

Yes I do. I try to stay as far away from Nancy Pelosi as possible.

Nov 28, 2017, 8:58 PM

This is THE ROSE BOWL that we are talking about. Once married to the Big 10 and PAC 10. As far as venue is concerned it’s the epitome of college football. Perhaps a once in a lifetime experience for a Clemson fan. I plan to be there if all goes well. I still need to toughen up a little from my accident but I think I can do it!
Let’s beat Miami first. 38 - 13

Im trying to stay away from Bourbon Street - I know what

Nov 28, 2017, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Do any of you Really understand the cost to attend Rose Parade & Bowl Game?! ]

happens to me there - be better off in Vegas. slightly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2017, 8:57 PM

Pretty “cheap” for me ;)

Wishing we’d get the Rose so i could Make the drive. But #1 seed vs Wisconsin wouldn’t be too bad once we get by Miami. But i would argue tickets being equal to super bowl. I went to game in 2014 Oregon vs FSU, first ever playoff game and paid about $250 for my ticket two weeks before game, decent enough seat! Have already looked for this year just in case, and feel i could sit in corner endzone to maybe 10 yard line little more than halfway up for no more than $300-$350. (No i dont think that’s cheap, but i save up for it) which is worth it to me. Obviously for all of you out East, it becomes extremely more expensive adding in travel and whatnot. It is a once in a lifetime experience though!

what I'm saying - a Rose Bowl Tombstone would be durn cool.***

Nov 28, 2017, 9:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2017, 8:59 PM

I was born and raised in that area. It's hugely expensive even if their isn't a big venue in town.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2017, 9:09 PM

There isn’t enough time to go to both the rose parade and rose bowl. Only about 1.5 hours from when the parade ends to the game starting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Wrong, slightly.

Nov 28, 2017, 10:05 PM

Our tour bus had us from parade quickly & to Bowl in short order with hour to spare to peee.

Nov 28, 2017, 10:39 PM

Didn’t cost me anything last time I was there scouting it out

Ok, someone define outrageously expensive.

Nov 28, 2017, 10:45 PM

I must know. Want to go.

Moot point because we will stay #1 and choose the Sugar Bowl.***

Nov 28, 2017, 10:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Moot point because we will stay #1 and choose the Sugar Bowl.***

Nov 28, 2017, 11:53 PM

We don’t choose. They send us to the closest location.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, I obviously missed that somehow.***

Nov 29, 2017, 2:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Clemson isn't going to the Rose Bowl

Nov 28, 2017, 10:59 PM

If we beat Miami, we stay #1 and play in New Orleans. If we lose, I think we're probably out of the playoff.

Rose Bowl! I'm suppose to be in Denver on Jan 2nd

Nov 29, 2017, 12:01 AM

And would change my ticket for $200 with Delta and fly to CA for the game before heading to CO for a work meeting Jan 2nd. Hell I can find a single ticket right? I may be sleeping at the airport after they kick me out of the bars ; )

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2017, 2:38 AM

I think you would find a stay in New Orleans to be more expensive than Pasadena. The LA Metroplex offers all varieties of hotels and AirBNBs and since this is a holiday weekend most of the business type hotels will be significantly discounted. New Orleans hotels are rarely cheap especially around events like the Sugar Bowl. Food is what you make it but don't expect a nice New Orleans restaurant to be cheap. And I recall the ticket prices I reserved through IPTAY were similar for both games. I don't believe the Rose Bowl has been selling out the past few years since the tie to the PAC 12 / Big 10 dropped off.

Driving, of course, is an option to New Orleans from SC (about a 10 hour drive I think) and most likely not to Pasadena. Since I fly from the West Coast to SC often during football season (making my 3rd trip this fall tomorrow for the ACC CG) I can tell you fares swing widely often from day to day. I've paid as little as $200 and as much as $800....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic