Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hesrightyouknow.gif
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Hesrightyouknow.gif

Jan 14, 2021, 4:25 PM

https://twitter.com/jelani9/status/1349555155470061568?s=21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They ARE scared, but most are lying about what they're

Jan 14, 2021, 4:31 PM

actually scared of. It isn't personal harm, although that's a valid short-term concern. It's that they are ending their political careers by speaking out against Trump. "People are threatening me" is a convenient cop-out.

It's unreal that seemingly rational people are applauding a single politician wielding this much populist power. Obama wasn't even close to that stratosphere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can they not be of the opinion that it's the wrong move

Jan 14, 2021, 4:35 PM

at the wrong time? (or I guess the right move at the wrong time or even the wrong move at the right time)?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's possible, and obviously it's the case for the

Jan 14, 2021, 4:52 PM

Jordans and Gohmerts and Gaetzes of the Congress, sure. But in Trump's totally innocuous, non-inciteful speech last week, his son got on stage and made that precise threat about their careers (not that they weren't already keenly aware of this anyway). I mean, that's not only ballsy, it's lunacy. "Back my father in his unproven allegations of election fraud, or your careers are OVER!" I can find the exact quote, but assuming you've seen it so it's not needed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard it, but I don't know how much of it was true and

Jan 14, 2021, 4:55 PM

how much of it was him reverting to the old standard rich kid middle school pap, because you KNOW at multiple points in his adolescent career he busted out with "MY DAD COULD BUY AND SELL YOUR DAD" in an argument.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right, but we all watched Trump play kingmaker in the 2018

Jan 14, 2021, 4:58 PM

midterms. He picked and chose who would win each GOP seat nomination, and certainly punted a few non-loyalists from their seats. He wields that power, and will continue to do so long after Jan. 20th (although not having Twitter is an amusing twist).

yes and no......

Jan 14, 2021, 5:02 PM

We also saw many people he handpicked get their arses handed to them, and I don't think that went unnoticed by those with their fingers in the wind. Yeah, there's still a base out there, but when the Pubs were 3/3 in 2016 and are 0/3 now, my gut tells me that weighs just as heavily on these people when deciding which horse to back.

It's diminished some since this election, to be sure.

Jan 14, 2021, 5:09 PM

But of the 73M who voted for him, what percentage would you guess are Ride Or Die Trumpers, and what percentage are the pragmatic McConnell types? I think 40-50M of that bloc will his bidding no matter what, and that's still more than enough to steer most red districts in whatever direction he wants. Am I overestimating the number of Trump flags on pickup trucks?

Dunno, I'm torn on that.

Jan 14, 2021, 5:39 PM

I see the 75% approval he's wrapping up with among Republicans, but I wonder how much of that is approval for Trump vs approval for how they're personally doing under his administration---I think there's a big distinction to be made.

I question it because it doesn't jive with what I see IRL. Yeah, like everyone, I know some people who would let Trump poo on their kitchen counter and clap for him, but by something like a 8:1 ratio I know a lot more who voted for Trump with nose fully pinched shut, only doing so because they thought Biden was worse for them personally than Trump was.

There could be way more than that and I could be way wrong, but like anything, I think the loudest mouths draw the most attention, and when you see a few Trump flags on squatting 2500HD's, you start to just assume all of them are.

you're talking to yourself again.***

Jan 14, 2021, 5:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

resign immediately

Jan 14, 2021, 4:33 PM

racist
bigot
mouthbreathers
rednecks
Cabelas Crew
trash
traitors
Trumptards
Trumplicans

these all bring the Country together. they do not alientate anyone and bring the hearts and minds of the other side together.

Good job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: resign immediately

Jan 14, 2021, 4:41 PM

Those people are a hopeless ignorant cult. They aren't needed to unite. They can just stay angry and do their own thing, because as I stated, they are a lost cause.

Still big mad?***

Jan 14, 2021, 4:42 PM [ in reply to resign immediately ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Setting aside the irony of these words coming from this scok

Jan 14, 2021, 4:43 PM [ in reply to resign immediately ]

we need to get to a point where folks don’t immediately side with the worst of the worst simply because they vote the way you do.

Politically, I’ve got very little in common with the anarchocommunists that take over city blocks in Washington state. I don’t feel a need to lay cover for them.

If you’re worried about being assassinated by your own constituents due to a vote of conscience, at the very least you should take a hard look at what your beliefs are.

Do I need to retire my Cabelas cap? I really like the colors***

Jan 14, 2021, 5:34 PM [ in reply to resign immediately ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't forget Segway Stonewall Jackson!

Jan 14, 2021, 6:03 PM [ in reply to resign immediately ]

That guy was a hero!

Until he got to the steps.

Did anyone that voted "no" make that argument themselves?***

Jan 14, 2021, 4:42 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did anyone that voted "no" make that argument themselves?***

Jan 14, 2021, 4:46 PM

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/534034-democrat-gop-colleagues-say-theyre-afraid-for-their-lives-if-they-vote-to

I'm not sure a 2nd hand report from a Democrat...

Jan 14, 2021, 4:51 PM

is proof of anything, but I would suspect he's probably telling the truth.

I'm just curious if anyone of the reps have actually said it themselves publically.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would think it would be very bad politically to admit that

Jan 14, 2021, 4:57 PM

publicly, mainly for the reason stated in the tweet at hand.

Did some Representatives state that they voted against

Jan 14, 2021, 4:44 PM

impeachment for fear for their personal safety?

null

Re: Did some Representatives state that they voted against

Jan 14, 2021, 4:47 PM

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/534034-democrat-gop-colleagues-say-theyre-afraid-for-their-lives-if-they-vote-to

Re: Hesrightyouknow.gif

Jan 14, 2021, 4:54 PM

Representatives should vote the reflection of their constituency. That’s why they are called representatives.

Re: Hesrightyouknow.gif

Jan 14, 2021, 4:59 PM

That's tough. Trump deserves to be impeached and convicted, but on the other hand, you are correct that their constituency is who they represent. I understand their dilemma.

then you'll are

Jan 14, 2021, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Hesrightyouknow.gif ]

pussies too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: then you'll are

Jan 14, 2021, 5:10 PM

Post bong grammar, I assume

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive