Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Divinity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,279

Divinity

Jan 1, 2020, 10:53 AM

Divinity was starting ILB for several seasons, decided to return to get his degree rather than go to NFL. He came back, led the team in sacks, moved to OLB when needed more there for his pass rush skills as young ILBs stepped up.

Got suspended before bama game for 6 games, knew he could play again only if LSU got to the Champ game, worked out with team.

Told press he had violated team rules and apologized to his teammates.

Earned his degree, got it in Dec.

Asked what role Divinity will play, Orgeron said “We’ll see. Obviously, Mike has been a tremendous pass rusher for us. I know we’re definitely going to use him.” Later, Orgeron elaborated a bit and said, “I think our inside guys are playing well. We could use [Divinity] outside in some situations. That could allow JaCoby Stevens to go back to a safety position or a corner position… And then obviously in our pass rush scheme, Mike is one of our best pass rushers. So I think he immediately goes back to starting on our dime package.”

THUS IT IS NOT "CONVENIENT" THAT HE GOT REINSTATED JUST IN TIME FOR THIS GAME, IT IS THE COACH USING DISCIPLINE DESPITE THE SITUATION -- PLAYING BAMA & 2 OTHER TOP 4 TEAMS W/O HIM -- AND HIS COMMITTMENT TO MAKING UP FOR HIS MISTAKE AND HELPING THE TEAM.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares***

Jan 1, 2020, 10:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who cares***

Jan 1, 2020, 10:58 AM

Fans of football care. Arses that only like to insult don't matter.

Re: Who cares***

Jan 1, 2020, 11:38 AM

I read he failed 4 drug test (marijuana). LSU policy is to miss a certain percentage of the games, which he did.

Re: Divinity

Jan 1, 2020, 10:57 AM

Another poster said he had to be cleared to return by the NCAA. You’re saying it’s coach O’s decision. So which is it? What was he suspended for?

Jan 1, 2020, 11:03 AM

Noodle said:

Another poster said he had to be cleared to return by the NCAA. You’re saying it’s coach O’s decision. So which is it? What was he suspended for?

He did not have to be cleared by NCAA. Pretty sure it was by Coach O but might have involved LSU rules.

OTOH he was still in school and still earned his degree.

LSU tests more than anybody for MJ, assume that is what it was, but it isn't announced. When he don't play it was "coaches' decision" until Divinity told the press he was suspended.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:59 AM

6 game suspension in the SEC = kicked off the teams x3 in any other conference. But hey...good for him. Glad to have him. Mark off that excuse.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:13 AM

sgttiger said:

6 game suspension in the SEC = kicked off the teams x3 in any other conference. But hey...good for him. Glad to have him. Mark off that excuse.

and you have evidence for this statement or is it just another flame based on ignorance?

Jan 1, 2020, 11:23 AM

Apparently those records are classified. You tell me why he was suspended. He is your player. You know, right?

Jan 1, 2020, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Divinity ]

sgttiger said:

Mark off that excuse.

There won't be any "excuses" on that accord.
Barring injury or suspension in the run up, this will be the first game our defense fielded all year with every starter healthy and available. Quite a contrast to our last bowl game down 6 DBs.

If Clemson wins, it will be because it played a #### good football game .... just as it did in last year's national championship.

I won’t believe it until I touch the scars in his hands***

Jan 1, 2020, 11:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 11:07 AM

Will be a non factor... Just like Chase Young was... woooooooh!

Jan 1, 2020, 11:23 AM

I thought New Orleans was known for Pralines. Wherefore this tangent about Divinity?

Jan 1, 2020, 11:33 AM

What did he get suspended for ? ^ games is pretty stiff - it must have been something serious.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:35 AM

6 games

-1 Go away

Jan 1, 2020, 11:38 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What’s up with opposing fans posting lengthy drivel in Tnet about

Jan 1, 2020, 11:42 AM

Rambling factoids about their team as if anyone on here would read through any of it. OSU fans did the same. Rambling long books about stats and this and that which proved nothing but another loss. Get a grip dude. Live outside you’re yellow tiger bubble.

I truly am glad he got his degree. Too many don’t

Jan 1, 2020, 11:51 AM

I would go easy on the discipline thing though

More than likely, it was weed as the NCAA requires a 50% of the year suspension (6 games). It wasn’t discipline that by the coaching staff that sat him, it was required (under my assumption) and if not could have caused you to forfeit games

We are extremely transparent when we have suspensions. If
Ore teams were that way instead of “violation of team rules that will be handled in house” there would be less scrutiny

I doubt a whole lot of people look down on splifage anymore

Finally, QUIT YELLING! It shows frustration and immaturity. Only some of our age challenged posters (I am one) get away with that, and only because they dont know where the caps lock key is

Looking forward to a good game and ACC (another Clemson championship)

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,279
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic