Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
COVID, social media, this election may ruin this country.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,905

COVID, social media, this election may ruin this country.

Sep 6, 2020, 10:16 PM

All the pent up fear and anxiety is manifesting itself in groupthink, depression, and a total distrust of leaders, science, common sense, etc. I’m not saying Kirk was wrong with his reaction, but I see a lot of responses like this that remind me of my military family who suffer from milder forms of PTSD. People are just beat down by case counts, death counts, violence, police shootings, and two political parties supporting polarizing opinions on basically everything you can think of. I don’t know where the election will take us, but I do know that we can’t vote ourselves out these problems; it’s going to take a mass realization that our differences as Americans are what makes us strong collectively. We need to remember that if one disagrees with Kirks social justice stance, that opinion is less than 1% of THE MAN. This is still the Herbie that sent his boys to Clemson, that praises us all the time. A Clemson fan who disagrees with this response should fondly recall the remaining 99%. His sons are Tigers, so we should love the other 109%. Why do we dismiss people with such vitriol after one heartfelt media segment? Could it be the man is overwhelmed with more than just social justice? Hell, I haven’t been at 110% since that day in March when I went to get food for my family and it was all gone. We are all dealing with a lot, and it’s time to come together and lift each other up...be open minded and MERCIFUL! We are Tigers, let’s lead the way! It’s what TL is doing...what a great example. Love to all Tigers, and hope to raise a glass with some of you in Miami.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Divide and rule, the politician cries;

Sep 6, 2020, 10:37 PM

Unite and lead, is watchword of the wise.”
? Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Gedichte

^ Hear, Hear!

Sep 6, 2020, 11:48 PM

Bravo !!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: COVID, social media, this election may ruin this country.

Sep 7, 2020, 3:36 AM

Very well said and I agree, we needed to unite and get on the same page on Covid months ago and it is depressing. One leader has not selected that path, but I would still reconsider my vote if he started that process now. Not holding my breath tho. With the things being said and the casting of doubt into our electoral process, I fear that we are heading for a constitutional crisis that will make 2000 seem like child's play and may only rival the mid 1800's. I hope I'm wrong! Btw, I love Kirk, the best of the best we have in college football and is even generally very good about hiding his 0310 homerism. Give me a human being with HEART anytime! Love to all Tigers!

Sep 7, 2020, 8:32 AM

I always hate election year. It always brings out the very worst in America for the whole world to see. And the Dems are throwing everything (including the kitchen sink) into beating Trump this time. It is no longer about the American people... it's about changing the very fabric of the USA into their vision. Take a good look people, and be careful for what you wish for... it may come true.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Sep 7, 2020, 8:37 AM

No offense Pig and I agree with U on election year, but with all the Chaos going on right now, maybe a slight change in the fabric would be a good thing. No?

Sep 7, 2020, 8:55 AM

Tweaks to a very successful program is seldom a bad thing, but completely tearing it up and starting over with a playbook that always fails is foolish.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Sep 7, 2020, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: COVID, social media, this election may ruin this country. ]

Oh, and I'm convinced that the election year is the ultimate driver behind the poor US Covid response. If this happened last year, Trump could have and likely would have been more responsive at the start and more patient with the reopening as there would have been time for the economy to recover before the election. But, the pressure of the election drove the problems IMHO.

There is now evidence from a Trial in Spain that Fauci

Sep 7, 2020, 9:05 AM

ignored not only the data about HCQ and HCQ-Z, but also about Vitamin D - all chemicals easily made cheaply and not requiring a Big Pharma "Vaccine".

The trial in Spain shows that Vitamin D intervention "upon hospitalization" appears to prevent the latter, more lethal stages of the disease. Normally about 20% die from the 20% that "need hospitalization" (approx. 4% of total identified cases).

In the Trial conducted, both double blind and randomized, of the approximately 50 who received the upfront Vitamin D treatment,

they had NONE that died. All recovered.

The Deep State Bureaucracy is killing America because gullible, bumbling idiots like CU2013 are egging them on.

Re: There is now evidence from a Trial in Spain that Fauci

Sep 7, 2020, 9:22 AM

Dang oleMike, he is a fellow human being, fellow American, fellow Tiger fan so maybe nice is better. Oh, I forgot, nice went out the window 3.5 years ago and now we glorify only those that have any small word of agreement and bash the crap out of and demonize anyone that has the slightest inclination do disagree with our point of view. Wonder who we are modeling that type behavior from? Would love to see that study if you have a link, been taking extra vitamin D ever since I saw a Doc from England talking about it early this year. No problems yet, knock on wood. He indicated that this may be the reason why it hits black folk so hard cause they have historically lower levels of vitamin D than us white folk. Thanks bro!

THIS is exactly why I am so adamant

Sep 7, 2020, 9:35 AM

the CDC has determined that as much as 75+% pf the African American population has a Vitamin D deficiency. As much as 65+% of the Hispanic population as well.

The ones who are being most unfairly treated by the Deep State Bureaucracy are the ones who already feel Oppressed.

The "oppressed" have put their Faith and Trust in the Government, and in turn, the Government has Caged them, and is now effectively Executing them with the failure of the Medical Community,

not the failure of the Police Community.

For LINK go to Politics and Religion page

Sep 7, 2020, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: There is now evidence from a Trial in Spain that Fauci ]

I started a Topic yesterday. Best.

Nice shallow, divisive comment

Sep 7, 2020, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: COVID, social media, this election may ruin this country. ]

This is the issue and why our government is gridlocked. Blame game and no compromise. We have been headed down this path for decades. I don't see violence not happening either way. Trump stoked tribalism flames like no one in a long time and there is a price for that. I fear we don't have a leader among us who can undo where we are. It certainly isn't any of the two almost corpses we have to choose from in Nov.

Sep 7, 2020, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: COVID, social media, this election may ruin this country. ]

Pig,

Some of us Americans want to change the fabric some - to make it better and more inclusive. Please don't forget that.

Kirk behaved like a virtue signaling attention #####...

Sep 7, 2020, 9:28 AM

Cry, fine but don't make a big ephing production out of it w/ a shameful public display. This selfish display did not occur spontaneously & was obviously premeditated. The general public's heart will bleed for him; no doubt bought it hook, line, & sinker-

Re: Kirk behaved like a virtue signaling attention #####...

Sep 7, 2020, 2:03 PM

Partsunknown,

I get that you didn't appreciate Kirk's monologue, but how do you know it was premeditated ? Do you have any evidence upon which to base your conclusions ?

NWS;DR

Sep 7, 2020, 9:40 AM

It doesn't matter how passionate you are about your subject not hitting the return button a few times is going to ruin what you write. I'm not going to stress to read what you type if you can't hit that one button a few times and save my tired old eyes the strain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, thanks for the feedback 1988.***

Sep 7, 2020, 10:57 AM

Sep 7, 2020, 1:58 PM

I would add that we might ALL remember these extra burdens which are upon us all and try to go the extra mile to converse with and understand each other during these stressful times.

Let's be Americans first and try to pull together to get through this - together.

Agree 110%...mercy is in short supply these days.***

Sep 7, 2020, 2:58 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,905
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic