Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Sammy Watkins Arrested by University Police
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Sammy Watkins Arrested by University Police

May 4, 2012, 12:01 PM

Sammy Watkins Arrested by University Police

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Sammy Watkins Arrested by University Police

May 4, 2012, 12:04 PM

Sammy's gotta know better than this. I understand that he is young and young people will make these mistakes, but he just cannot afford to do that

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of all the guys on the team, Sammy's the last one I would...

May 4, 2012, 12:09 PM

have thought would put himself in this position. Really, really disappointed to hear this. Kid has so much to lose and so much to gain by making the right decisions. He's always been praised by being mature beyond his years. Well, now he'll be riding the pine for Auburn.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2012, 12:07 PM

#freesammy. F the police!

May 4, 2012, 12:24 PM

couldn't have put it better myself. that cop should be ashamed of himself.

May 4, 2012, 12:37 PM

What,for doing his job.You should be ashamed for even thinking this!

Everyone knows the Clemson PD protects our players

May 4, 2012, 1:56 PM

;)

So much for that coot theory......probably a coot fan PD

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

It's not really the cop's fault that his job

May 4, 2012, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Sammy Watkins Arrested by University Police ]

is to bust college students with harmless drugs. I mean, sure, it takes a real piece of work to even *want* to do that job, but the law is where your anger should be directed.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're arresting people for that crap?

May 4, 2012, 12:10 PM

Those are citation offenses at most. And ultimately, we don't know who the stuff belongs to.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're arresting people for that crap?

May 4, 2012, 12:50 PM

Probably a freakin' COOT!!! ;)

Re: We're arresting people for that crap?

May 4, 2012, 1:36 PM [ in reply to We're arresting people for that crap? ]

Don't blame the police for his stupid choice

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Athletes should be held to a higher standard, at least

May 4, 2012, 3:56 PM [ in reply to We're arresting people for that crap? ]

Clemson athletes. Even a citation would be a concern. It violates team rules. Just associating with others who would have drugs is a poor choice.

Have you been to a college recently?

May 4, 2012, 7:11 PM

You want our players to be social pariahs? That's simply not realistic.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get popped in Pickens County...

May 4, 2012, 7:19 PM [ in reply to We're arresting people for that crap? ]

...with that,it is going to cost you serious $$$.This,like many of us,is something I thought Mr. Watkins would and could steer clear of.

Was Sammy smoking it or did the other guy have it?

May 4, 2012, 12:11 PM

If the other guy had it on him they would have arrested both of them on principal. Nothing about Sammy actualy being high when this happened

Re: Was Sammy smoking it or did the other guy have it?

May 4, 2012, 12:45 PM

Not sure what it means but Sammy had the higher bond. Could be because he is out of state. Also, Sammy is the one reported to have the controlled substance which is the bigger deal to me.

As someone who made those kinds of mistakes when younger I hope this turns out to the best for him. Too much to lose to take these kinds of risks. Hopefully, he takes a lesson to heart and moves on.

Two pills

May 4, 2012, 1:58 PM

probably pain killers or xanax

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two pills

May 4, 2012, 2:03 PM

addies. exam week.

May 4, 2012, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Two pills ]

Nope,it was adderall, Its a amphetamene that keeps you going SPEED.

May 4, 2012, 4:35 PM

Adderall is for ADD and ADHD, its not like speed!

It's generic name is amphetamine salts...It IS speed...***

May 4, 2012, 5:43 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any amphetamine is going to be called 'speed.'***

May 4, 2012, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Two pills ]

For people with ADD or HDD it is like a

May 5, 2012, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Two pills ]

relaxer for others it is an up.

it doesn't relax ADD users, it just allows them to focus

May 5, 2012, 12:11 PM

I think it allows most everyone to focus with more intensity - which is why people take it during exam week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was Sammy smoking it or did the other guy have it?

May 4, 2012, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Was Sammy smoking it or did the other guy have it? ]

Sammy's car. If neither of them claimed it, it became Sammy's.

Clemson

Sammy Watkins

May 4, 2012, 12:13 PM

To all those who gave me hell a few months ago when a rumor got started about Sammy being arrested, and everyone said.."oh Sammy would NEVER get arrested"...looks like you were wrong. I hate that the boy got arrested but he's just that...a boy, and kids all make mistakes eventually. Luckily it's just a misdemeanor

May 4, 2012, 12:14 PM

Just a thought...but didn't Sammy room with Bellamy? Time to split them up if this proves to be an accurate report.

I think you're jumping to pretty big conclusions

May 4, 2012, 12:38 PM

Just accept the fact that a 19 yr old can easily make a mistake on his own. Even if he is you're hero.

Stitt. Happens***

May 4, 2012, 12:15 PM

75% of the football team blazes

May 4, 2012, 12:20 PM

before games, after games, that's what they do....no one should be surprised except for the fact they were stupid enough to be driving around with and letting their car smell like it

75? its more like 90%...hopefully..

May 4, 2012, 12:23 PM

he will get garcia type punishment...make him miss ball state and play against auburn

Re: 75? its more like 90%...hopefully..

May 4, 2012, 12:26 PM

No chance he plays against Auburn. The real question is if and how many more he will miss. My guess is the first 2 games.

Really? We ripped the OBS for doing just that.***

May 4, 2012, 3:40 PM [ in reply to 75? its more like 90%...hopefully.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: 75% of the football team blazes

May 4, 2012, 12:38 PM [ in reply to 75% of the football team blazes ]

So does that make it right?

Weed is the drug of college football, just look around

May 4, 2012, 12:24 PM

This does not surprise me. It is common knowledge among the students that this goes on. Look at other colleges also......LSU, UGA to name a few. Not the first and wont be the last. Hope Sammy gets his crap straight PDQ.

Re: Weed is the drug of college football, just look around

May 4, 2012, 12:39 PM

Ido not care if you find it on the Campus of William and Mary or Notre Dame.It is still against the law!

I am not sure where you

May 4, 2012, 12:50 PM

read that I said it was ok. My point was that Sammy is not the only Clemson player smokin weed. It was only a matter of time before someone got caught. Every football team has this problem, some cover it up better than others.

Re: Weed is the drug of college football, just look around

May 4, 2012, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Weed is the drug of college football, just look around ]

It is against the law, but it shouldn't be. The laws are just making a different set of criminal organizations rich....just as the prohibition made the mod and kennedys rich. Funny how the Kennedy's are revered and the mob not so much.

Me personally I drink........pot makes me stupid...or should I say stupider.

But none the less he did the crime now he will have to pay the price.

not just college football Statically use is up significantly

May 5, 2012, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Weed is the drug of college football, just look around ]

amoung all youth. I guess it is easier to get than alcohol.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's Test

May 4, 2012, 12:25 PM

Let's see what dabo decides to do, I hope Sammy does get some kind of suspension (not a joke one like SC does) to prove that we are committed to running a clean program and that nobody is above the rest of the team. I also hope Sammy takes this to heart and realizes his mistakes and will become a better person out this situation.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Hopefully Dabo chooses wisely and does not repeat the

May 4, 2012, 12:28 PM

mistakes he made with Kyle Parker. Team first!!

Simply can't believe it. Nobody to blame here but Sammy...

May 4, 2012, 12:39 PM

I still love Sammy for what he's done for Clemson so far and the person he is, but he's got to know better than this. Especially being in the position he's in. He's the face of our program and the top young player regardless of position in the COUNTRY. He's got so much going for him, I just really hope we're able to keep him on the team and this gets settled really soon. Whether he misses games or not I don't know. I just hope he stays a Tiger and finishes a Tiger.

Good time for a drug test

May 4, 2012, 12:42 PM

I'm really disappointed. I thought Sammy Watkins wasn't into drugs.

Re: Good time for a drug test

May 4, 2012, 3:56 PM

He was smoking an herb that grows on this earth naturally. Our law calls it a drug. The THC in weed is absolutely great for arthritis. Arthritis drugs that are given by doctors, make my stomach and intestines bleed with great pain. Weed on the other hand stops the Arthritis pain. And it allows me to go through the day without looking as if I'm 90 years old. But I don't smoke it. I don't smoke nothing. Our laws would rather our people to suffer, rather than use weed for medical use. Pathetic!!!

Re: Good time for a drug test

May 4, 2012, 4:58 PM

Nobody's talking about medicinal use of marijuana. Sammy's an NCAA athlete and is bound by certain rules. One of those rules is that you can't do drugs. I was an NCAA athlete as well... and other people on my team smoked weed. But we all knew if they got caught, trouble was coming. Sammy knew the rules and he knows trouble is coming for him now.

He will get a 1 game suspension and it'll be in the Auburn game. That SUCKS for us. And, it's Sammy's fault. Not lawmakers or society in general. It's his fault. He owns it completely.

I knew once Sammy became a believer that Satan would be

May 4, 2012, 12:44 PM

working overtime to make this incredible individual fall. He needs our prayers more than ever!

Re: I knew once Sammy became a believer that Satan would be

May 4, 2012, 12:47 PM

I really hope you are kidding.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I knew once Sammy became a believer that Satan would be

May 4, 2012, 12:53 PM [ in reply to I knew once Sammy became a believer that Satan would be ]

Very true. With you on this! He will pay for his mistakes, which we have all made! We must support Tiger Nation no matter what.

Wait wait wait wait wait...

May 4, 2012, 7:16 PM

why should he pay for what SATAN made him do? You can't really expect him to resist a nearly all-powerful being, can you?

Please tell me this is a bad joke...You don't really think

May 4, 2012, 5:45 PM [ in reply to I knew once Sammy became a believer that Satan would be ]

that do you?

You're ####### joking.***

May 4, 2012, 7:15 PM [ in reply to I knew once Sammy became a believer that Satan would be ]

Not worried... if honey badger can overcome sammy can too!!

May 4, 2012, 12:48 PM

Actually I'm incredibly disappointed in this guy.

Say it ain't so Sammy, say it ain't so !

May 4, 2012, 12:49 PM

nm

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Umm, is it immoral for us to ask the Soccer player

May 4, 2012, 12:56 PM

to cop to the drugs????

May 4, 2012, 1:02 PM

Thanks a lot Sammy,......you know Dabo love you but you can kiss an Auburn appearance goodbye. If he'll send Bellamy home from an ACC Champ game, you'll definitely sit out the opener. Why would you do that man? Young yes, a real crime no. On paper, an embarrassment to yourself and the team. Dabo won't hold back on punishment for sure~

May 4, 2012, 1:36 PM

I love my Tigers, but #### you Sammy, don't waste your talent on stupid people and stupid crap. You are a role model now whether you like it or not. It doesn't matter if others are doing it. You building your future open your eyes man. I hope that immediate high was worth it. #######. I hope you do get a real suspension not one like the pathetic ones USC gives out. You wanted to be stupid now pay the consequences and sit the bench. Not only did you let your family, teammates, coaches, and University down, you let all of Tiger Nation down. #### I thought you were one of the good ones. You proved that you are just another punk.

May 4, 2012, 1:49 PM

See Xavier Brewer's quote on people like you.

http://www.tigernet.com/view/clemson_update.do?id=5689

Unless you're just trolling, in which case you got me and i'll give it a 7/10. Good, believable, with plenty of stupid and condescension. Nothing spectacular though. Could have suggested a little more punishment for some bonus bites. And you could have dropped in a little more passive aggressive racism if you really wanted to get people's blood up. Overall, a good effort, but nothing for the record book.

May 4, 2012, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Sammy Watkins Arrested by University Police ]

How old are you. Your statement sounds really old and senile. A lot of hate coming from you Old man.

Cuadtigers, you must be a coot because no tiger fan would

May 4, 2012, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Sammy Watkins Arrested by University Police ]

Say something that idiotic. You are an idiot my fine feathered friend. He will use the hate as motivation. I understand it might take some time to respond to my post since you still have dial up Internet, but I look forward to hearing from you. Some of us think we are like Jesus and have never sinned!

Good thing/Bad thing is

May 4, 2012, 1:38 PM

Dabo don't take crap off his players. Unlike Spurlid and some others.

He may take serious action, or reputation guilt may get him.

Not sure what to expect out of this one. Touchy......especially for Clemson.

May 4, 2012, 1:51 PM

Just amazing, absolutely mind-boggling. Of all the coaches lectures, etc., you just can't wrench stupid out of some of their heads. A drug test will show something. I'd guess Sammy sits three games and if another incident shows up - he's gone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're gonna smoke weed....don't do it in the car.

May 4, 2012, 1:54 PM

If you have the real stinky skunk bud.......wrap it in three bags and put it in a jar.

Oh geez.......use your head boys.

May 4, 2012, 2:06 PM

There is a much bigger battle going on here, for the hearts and minds of good kids. Sammy has our unwavering love and support. He has hurt himself, his teammates, his coaches and all of Tiger Nation. For every one of us who is a parent, or has made costly mistakes in our own lives, we feel the pain. The ultimate message to Sammy is "we forgive you". The consequences will be real and painful, but even consequences can be overcome by grace, hope and rising above once again. We have faith in you, Sammy because we believe you have faith too.

could it just be...

May 4, 2012, 2:08 PM

In the few hours since this story has appeared on here, I've read, to paraphrase:

- He's a punk and a fraud
- The cops should have covered it up / let it go
- The devil made him do it (my personal favorite)
- Somehow this is Dabo's fault

Could it just be...he's an 18 year old kid who made a mistake? I was making dumb decisions when I was at Clemson even when I was 22. He'll have to suffer the consequences and hopefully learn his lesson. It's just that simple.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Disappointed to read this...

May 4, 2012, 2:30 PM

...and I'm guessing that Sammy's feeling pretty doggone bad, too...in the worse kind of way - when you've let down your team, school, and coaching family.

He's just a youngster who has made a mistake that could happen (does happen) to lots of teenagers...etc, but reading this news hurts me for him and the team.

May his punishment be fair and just, and may the lesson be learned.

He's not just an "average" athlete, he is Clemson's "superstar" - and this will be national news, unfortunately.

A rhetorical question - "What would Urban Meyer do?"

In all seriousness, I don't envy the position that this puts the team, Dabo, TDP...etc, in.

Yet, sometimes good kids make bad decisions. Hope, for all the right reasons, that he learns from this...and I hope this doesn't happen again.

The arresting officers...

May 4, 2012, 2:31 PM

should have asked for an autograph and let him go! HAHA. I'm totally kidding but seriously it's pretty ridiculous that weed is still against the law! Anyone and everyone who wants the stuff can find it and it's only making the wrong people rich! Funny how no one realizes it but alcohol is a "drug" too but since it's legal it's not a big deal if caught with it underage. Granted you shouldn't be driving while on ANY substance so that was seriously a poor judgement call but please remember when you were young...you had the world by the balls and thought you were untouchable...now times that by about a million because you weren't some superstar world class athlete. The kid is that, just a kid, he will grow from it and only becoming stronger! It'll probably only make him focus more on football and get better. So what he misses a few games! I bet when he comes back he will dominate even more! This will turn out to be a blessing in disguise!!!

They'll be lucky if the pill charges are not bumped to

May 4, 2012, 4:18 PM

Felonies. If what they was a controlled med, like adderal as some have suggested, without 'scraps that's a felony. Adderall is extremely hard to get these days even for users with legit 'scrips There is a big shortage of the drug in the US right now.

Pulling a fire alarm is a felony too...***

May 4, 2012, 5:47 PM

Re: They'll be lucky if the pill charges are not bumped to

May 4, 2012, 7:27 PM [ in reply to They'll be lucky if the pill charges are not bumped to ]

Agreed...depends on what class the drug is,not quantity.If it's amphetamine of any sort(Schedule II)it very well could get bumped.I realize THC is sched.I,but that's a different colored horse.

College kid doing drugs? Shocker! Legalize it like Portugal!

May 4, 2012, 5:05 PM

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/drug-decriminalization-policy-pays

U don't get it Fellows. Legalizing everything that's wrong

May 4, 2012, 5:37 PM

or illegal doesn't make it right...since it's only the easy way out versus having morals and/or some backbone. And, mari is not a safe drug since I know friends who do it and they are so stupid & out of it for awhile...but ok later. Now, what if they did it during driving or work. What then?!

Our nation's use of drugs is why the Mexican cartel is so powerful & rich...since they know we are a nation of weak-minded people with no backbone...and as such we are on the way down the drain as fast as Rome went.

Buck up Tigers..and be a source of pride & hope for our splendid USA.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we legalized it, the Mexican Cartels wouldn't make $ off

May 4, 2012, 5:48 PM

of it...

Smokin' pot ain't wrong. Murder is. Portugal proved it works

May 5, 2012, 12:39 AM [ in reply to U don't get it Fellows. Legalizing everything that's wrong ]

I don't understand why people think drinking alcohol or eating pork rinds should be legal but smoking pot should be illegal. I'm for personal liberty to the extent that it doesn't harm others. Driving while impaired is wrong-- whether one's driving is impaired from drugs, or alcohol, or texting.

Bottom line: Portugal decriminalized drugs and as a result, drug usage (including drug usage among kids), and violent drug-related crime decreased thereby enabling law enforcement, the penal system, and the courts to lower costs and free up resources to fight real crime. Drug tests among bus drivers, airline pilots, etc., have all decreased. It's been a resounding success, and Portugal isn't even THINKING about going back. But we ignore the actual results from Portugal and continue waging an endless, expensive war on drugs at great cost in lives and treasure.

Re: College kid doing drugs? Shocker! Legalize it like Portugal!

May 4, 2012, 5:38 PM [ in reply to College kid doing drugs? Shocker! Legalize it like Portugal! ]

thumbs up for Cato reference!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo***

May 4, 2012, 10:29 PM

Honey Badger got suspended for like one game right?

May 4, 2012, 10:29 PM

Sounds fitting for Sammy as well.

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic