Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Disappointed in the hate being thrown at former players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,803

Disappointed in the hate being thrown at former players

Sep 26, 2018, 1:29 PM

on twitter. Clemson preaches Family and we should act such a way with former players. I wish nothing but the best for them. I may disagree with something they did, or something they say but that doesn't mean I bash their character or throw their shortcomings in their face. Do better!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disappointed in the hate being thrown at former players

Sep 26, 2018, 1:34 PM

Ummm, some folks are not good at turning the other cheek as that only gets you hit on both sides of the mouth. These former players such as an irrelevant Tucker Isreal? He was treated fine, was never going to see the field and is now somehow butt hurt over KB and equates it to him leaving? Give me a break here.

i guess my main disappointment is how we treat them

Sep 26, 2018, 1:46 PM

I've seen lots of hate thrown at them. Why bring up their personal lives and the mistakes they've made? Why throw shade at Tucker bc he was 5th string and would never see the field. Its just hate. I disagree with Tucker's use of gifs and his lightheartedness towards the situation but I would never throw him under the bus and tell him he was worthless while a Tiger.

I know Jadar knows he made a mistake after football but he was a great player for us and did what was right while he was on the team. To bring up his shortcomings to him and talk down to him bc of a mistake he made is classless.

Re: i guess my main disappointment is how we treat them

Sep 26, 2018, 1:51 PM

I guess my main issue is that nothing would be or ever had been said about Tucker until today, sometimes one reaps what they sow and that is a lesson the young man needs to learn, like fast.

How about NUK not claiming Clemson, but saying "Daniel"?

Sep 26, 2018, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Disappointed in the hate being thrown at former players ]

S#!T flows both ways boys!!

Sep 26, 2018, 1:34 PM

The concept of family runs both ways. They aren’t being too kind to the Clemson family. And
I take offense to the harshness of some comments.

^^^ THIS

Sep 26, 2018, 1:39 PM

Sometimes I wonder if these kids are perceptive enough or smart enough to figure out why Dabo has had the success he’s had. He always puts a positive spin on his players as people and it seems like the second these kids get away from the program they’re quick to show their a$$. Just disappointing to see the immaturity in some of these guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ THIS

Sep 26, 2018, 2:05 PM

You may not agree with his verbage but if that’s what HE felt about the situation than that’s how he felt. No need to disbar him from Clemson because of a decision that he made. When it’s all said and done he has to be the one who looks in the mirror and live with it. Support him

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Are you serious Clark??

Sep 26, 2018, 2:27 PM

Thanks for retweeting.... however, Tajh’s tweet in no way realates to my post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL! GeeVille, you are a CLOWN. Nice Plagiarism.***

Sep 26, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^ THIS ]

Re: ^^^ THIS

Sep 26, 2018, 2:16 PM [ in reply to ^^^ THIS ]

Heck no they aren't. And what doesn't help is the way the kids are raised today. KB is a perfect example of what you get with a kid in todays society.

you are right

Sep 26, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Disappointed in the hate being thrown at former players ]

it does go both ways. But to bring up their personal lives and their failures as a way to get one over on them is a terrible way to do it. I think its ok to let them speak their mind and even disagree but to bring up their failures is a shot to them personally.

does this apply to Chad Kelly too?

Sep 26, 2018, 1:35 PM

I'm playing devils advocate here because I bought into Clemson Family years ago, but when one quits that family I think its natural for other members of that family to be shocked and to think and say negative things. Unless you don't have a family and if that's true I am sorry, but families quarrel and have disagreements all of the time without quitting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sometime, you just need to say nothing

Sep 26, 2018, 1:40 PM

why do people think it's necessary to say anything? Just shut it already! It's what I'll do.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

i dont know about you

Sep 26, 2018, 1:50 PM [ in reply to does this apply to Chad Kelly too? ]

but I pull for Chad Kelly. He was very immature while he was at Clemson. He was immature while he was at Ole Miss. It seems (at least right now) that he has grown some. He has always been an amazing athlete and he was drafted in the NFL. I hope to see him succeed. I would think Dabo hopes to see him succeed as well.

Immature?!?!

Sep 26, 2018, 2:59 PM

He threatened to kill people! That dude was about as sorry and scummy as you could get.

Sep 26, 2018, 1:57 PM

I agree , I am dissapointed at some of these posts. Yes I read what he said , no I don't agree with what he said. But to bash a young man because he said something in anger or hurt. We are the ADULTS . Let's do better. Everyone reacts differently to situations. We are only human not perfect. Especially at 22 yrs old.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 2:09 PM

Stop using he is just a kid, good grief when you have 18-22 year olds sent off to foreign countries to fight wars and die saying that just sounds silly. He was fine in tranferring if that is what he felt was best for him, a better example of how to do it would be Hunter Johnson as he left. Not really seen anyone bashing him at all over his decision and very few over his choice of words on the way out, they are pointing out just how flase they were though and that my friend is fair game.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:46 PM

Kitty got Claws!

Sep 26, 2018, 2:52 PM

Amen. We are acting exactly the way other programs were hoping we would. We are showing cracks in the Clemson Family. IMO we should spend less time trying to help Dabo do his job with our inciteful armchair HC post.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:38 PM

Hate, no way.

This is a 'team' sport, and some have turn-coated!

He was the one who went public with a comments that are divisive and immature. When you open yourself to making the comments he did to a newspaper, expect reality. Dabo didn't through KB under the bus throughout this turmoil. Dabo stayed on the high road. He also left the door open for KB to get back into the starting position. KB possibly concluded, 'I can't replace TL'. But how do you know until you try. And TL could get hurt (I rebuke these words, in the name of Jesus).

He pulled the very same event on another player in High School when transferring. Now the shoe on the other foot KB.

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,803
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic