Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cheese blaming Venables
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Cheese blaming Venables

Dec 18, 2012, 1:47 PM

There was a twit from DSG stating — Venables not answer

Easy to assume that came from Cheese. Passing the blame

To DSG—Cheese didn’t do any better last year with a different DC

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, what was his excuse the year before Venables got here?***

Dec 18, 2012, 2:09 PM

What's a DSG?***

Dec 18, 2012, 2:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's a DSG?***

Dec 18, 2012, 2:26 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/recruiting_update.do?id=8893

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Daniel Stowe Gardens? Thought it was DSBG.***

Dec 18, 2012, 3:02 PM [ in reply to What's a DSG?*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cheese blaming Venables

Dec 18, 2012, 2:33 PM

That kind of sounds like BV wanted more from Cheese than he was willing to give and that caused problems. Or was it the other way around. Who really knows what had happen between the two of them. What all of us Clemson fans do know for sure is this. The secondary has gave up enough yards in the past two seasons than we have gave up in any four before the last two. IMPO, I don't care who is the blame. But it is Dabo's job to get it fixed. And I think he will, and I hope he will get the S O C seemingly problem fixed also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Venables was stuck............

Dec 18, 2012, 2:45 PM

with Cheese. He probably knew quickly when he came aboard, that we had a problem, Houston.Lack of talent at the position combined with ineffective coaching was killing us in the secondary. But, what was he going to do. It was what it was. His displeasure was certainly articulated to Cheese and CDS. Everyone remotely associated with the program knew where the problem was and what had to be done. The only problem was that Cheese was loved by the kids and, apparently, an excellent recruiter. In the end, he HAD to go. Let's hope BV has a lead on a great replacement.

How do you know all this?

Dec 18, 2012, 3:20 PM

I would say last year it was a lot to do with scheme and youth. This year our starters kept getting sidelined with injury. How do you know that Harbison and Venebles weren't happily working together, but Ellis Johnson who has known Harbison for years said, "hey man, I need you and I can get you paid" and he up and went to Auburn. Unless you have some evidence for what you are saying it just seems like a lot of useless speculation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Dec 18, 2012, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Cheese blaming Venables ]

There is not a chance in the world Dabo is going to do ANYTHING about the S&C program unless forced to by "outside" forces. I think it is our biggest weakness and will limit Dabo's/program's upward trajectory.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on what? What's wrong with our S&C program??***

Dec 18, 2012, 3:21 PM

Re: Based on what? What's wrong with our S&C program??***

Dec 18, 2012, 3:51 PM

have U watched us play the c$$ts the LAST FOUR YEATS???????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2012, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Cheese blaming Venables ]

You should take your ideas to Dabo and Coach Batson since you are so concerned about S&C. I'm sure both would welcome you warmly with you being a Clemson fan. You have no idea what goes on in that weight room and how much research goes in to making sure our players are at their peak athletically. Ever consider that some times our guys get outplayed? Go look up some strength and conditioning videos and see if you have any idea as to what is going on. Every major program in the country runs relatively the same program in the weight room. What exactly is the weakest part of strength and conditioning, and pleased spare me the "not big and not fast enough" BS.

Dec 18, 2012, 2:53 PM

when players are slow and weak due to the complete lack of a PROPER S & C program there is only so much any position coach can do!!our football program is limited @ this time by 2 factors:

LINE RECRUITING
S & C PROGRAM

we are about as good as we will get until these 2 overwhelming problems are corrected!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How was the defensive backfield a strength a couple

Dec 18, 2012, 3:21 PM

of years ago? Did we change something in S&C? Or is S&C the cause of all the problems regardless?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slow and weak?

Dec 18, 2012, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Cheese blaming Venables ]

I guess because we tried to go one on one with Clowney and got beat our S&C needs complete overhaul?

Where there is cheese there is a RAT. Sick the Tiger on em.***

Dec 18, 2012, 2:55 PM

Guys! Chill out!

Dec 18, 2012, 3:01 PM

I'm not saying the thread was started by a coot troll but he's not giving all the info and you're getting worked up over nothing. DSG tweets often about talking with BV. He tweeted that he called BV and didn't get an answer. That was it. Nothing to do with Cheese. He may have called to ask if Cheese was leaving, who knows. These coaches don't answer every call. DSG is very enamored with Coach Cheese as are most recruits. He looks at Cheese as a mentor. The kid has another season left to play. Heck we may lose him to A&M or someone eventually.

The cheese must be swiss cheese.

Dec 18, 2012, 3:23 PM

cause he sure had a lot of holes.

Re: The cheese must be swiss cheese.

Dec 18, 2012, 3:27 PM

Could you do a better job with the injuries and talent Charlie had to work with? Why not fill out an application? The job is open! maybe you could get off the Lazy Boy and on the field and be the Savior of Clemson football. Give it a try go from a never was to a somebody!!

yes, as a matter of fact i could

Dec 18, 2012, 3:29 PM

I could outcoach the swiss cheese any day of the week. thats a fact. his DB's were awful

Re: yes, as a matter of fact i could

Dec 18, 2012, 3:38 PM

Then come on down pay your dollar and take your turn...Would you like Dabo's cell number, office phone or would you like to call him at home ? It is easy to be a BIG Man behind a key board so go on down and ask for the job and next year you will be "The Clown" that is being raked over the coals!

Harbison's secondary did not cover anyone the past two years

Dec 18, 2012, 7:08 PM

Heck, at Duke this year, their receivers were MORE open than ours were. And that is a fact. Crap, PC's receivers were open.

You are so silly

Dec 18, 2012, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: yes, as a matter of fact i could ]

Obviosly Dabo aint hiring me to coach the DB's and we bopth know this so what you asre proposing is just stupid. But yes, I could do a better job. Our DB's were as bad as i have ever seen at Clemson in my life recently and there is no way I could do worse and thats a fact.

Dec 18, 2012, 3:24 PM

So let me get this straight. Because of a tweet from a high school kid you assume that Charlie is behind the end of the world as we know it? Did you hear or see Charlie tell this young man that Brent was the problem? Let me clear this up for all of you..I know Charlie he is a fine man he has said nothing but good things about Clemson since he took the job at Auburn.. Now if you are not smart enough to realize that College Football is big business then you are blind and stupid! Charlie get's paid to recruit and coach and that is all he is doing...His Job for Auburn not Clemson...You folks have no clue just what really happens at Clemson but if you read these post you would think some of you have at batline straight to Dabo's office! We have a great situation at Clemson why not try to be positive for a change....Tweet that !

Thank you! Point.***

Dec 18, 2012, 3:27 PM

what did you expect them to say? make yourself at home,

Dec 18, 2012, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Cheese blaming Venables ]

marry my daughter? you gotta remember these are just simple folk, people of the land, the common clay... you know,... morons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i hear ya!

Dec 18, 2012, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Cheese blaming Venables ]

we do tend to put our own speculation as to what happened,into a post that suggests we somehow know what is really going on within the program. i'm sure we all are clemson faithful, we just think we (each of us,in our own way) know exactly what is happening and how to correct it, and who/what are causing the problems. hey, sometimes we are right,though, so i for one am going to keep on trying to fix our problems, till we don't have any weaknesses on our team!

Disappointed in Harbison and I don't know how he

Dec 18, 2012, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Cheese blaming Venables ]

maintains any credibility with a HS recruit. One day you're telling them how great CU is and the next its all AU. I get that its a business and his job, but one or two recruits is not worth sacrificing your integrity.

I'll give BV the benefit of the doubt

Dec 18, 2012, 3:29 PM

our LBs weren't perfect but you could defiantly tell they made progress especially with Tig and Shuey, same can be said for our D-line, if Vic had another 30 pounds and maintained his speed he would be an absolute beast, and our DTs did make major strides. When it comes to our secondary they were just the same all season except for Peters in my opinion.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

It's time to "cut the Cheese" and quit talking about him***

Dec 18, 2012, 3:35 PM

Re: It's time to "cut the Cheese" and quit talking about him***

Dec 18, 2012, 3:45 PM

Amen!

Dec 18, 2012, 4:09 PM

I'm glad Cheese left. Our DBs were atrocious the past two years, injuries or not. They were lost. Their technique was terrible.
He might be a good recruiter, but his players in his position group don't develop. We'll be better off.

Mmmm Sour Grapes and Moldy Cheese.******

Dec 18, 2012, 6:59 PM

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic