Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
students should be a top priority when it comes to ticket
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

students should be a top priority when it comes to ticket

Aug 30, 2017, 1:26 PM

distributions. pretty crummy if that's not the case.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why?***

Aug 30, 2017, 1:27 PM

Re: why?***

Aug 30, 2017, 1:31 PM

Maybe because it's their classmates that are out there competing and they're students at our school.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So relatIves of the players should get priority.***

Aug 30, 2017, 1:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: So relatIves of the players should get priority.***

Aug 30, 2017, 2:31 PM

Yes they should Students and relatives of players should have priority before regular ticket holders as those students pay more for that degree in a single year than 95% of IPTAY donors and regular ticket holders do.

$30,000-$40,000 per year is enough to justify giving students a free ticket.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in what universe does any of what you said make any

Aug 30, 2017, 2:35 PM

sense?

What about IPTAY donors

Aug 30, 2017, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: So relatIves of the players should get priority.*** ]

that are alums that already paid tuition and completed their degree. They don't count because they aren't in now?

You have no idea what kind of money they have put into the program. Current students are trying to catch up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

IPTAY donor alums are the BEST fans.

Aug 30, 2017, 6:27 PM

Just sayin. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Not if they wear jerseys***

Aug 30, 2017, 6:35 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're probably not really alums.***

Aug 31, 2017, 7:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Cept. Iptay does not get ANY money from students

Aug 30, 2017, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: So relatIves of the players should get priority.*** ]

While the students get a lot of money from iptay.

So who "owes" who?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Students paying out of state tuition get priority?

Aug 30, 2017, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: So relatIves of the players should get priority.*** ]

Seems fair then sense they pays more for schools

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And coming from out of state shows a level of commitment

Aug 30, 2017, 6:28 PM

greater than your average in-stater legacy.

Well if that's the case

Aug 30, 2017, 6:59 PM

We need to put "miles from home residence to Clemson" on the application and give priority the farthest traveler.

Woah. But what if they fly??? Do we go by hours of travel or strictly mileage.

This is getting interesting

HELLO!!! So the alums went to Clemson FREE????***

Aug 30, 2017, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: So relatIves of the players should get priority.*** ]

Re: So relatIves of the players should get priority.***

Aug 30, 2017, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: So relatIves of the players should get priority.*** ]

That'll certainly help the athletic scholarship fund..... less alienate the people who pay for the facilities and player schollies.... probably pay for other schollies too.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Woah. I'm gonna need

Aug 30, 2017, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: So relatIves of the players should get priority.*** ]

You to check that privilege

Just speaking from my personal experience

Aug 31, 2017, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: So relatIves of the players should get priority.*** ]

I paid to go to school, not to go to football games.

by your logic... anyone that pays taxes in SC should

Aug 30, 2017, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: why?*** ]

get tickets

Bunk that.

Aug 30, 2017, 1:32 PM

Fans should get priority.

Iptay should put chips in ticket holders heads.

If they don't show up or l eave Early the chip will make that stupid scar rooster sound in your head for 3 days.

Re: students should be a top priority when it comes to ticket

Aug 30, 2017, 1:32 PM

The Bridge students were able to buy season student tickets at a slight discount. And guaranteed them Admission to games. This reduces the remaining amount of tickets available.

They were not able to buy Auburn or FSU tickets hth***

Aug 30, 2017, 1:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They were not able to buy Auburn or FSU tickets hth***

Aug 30, 2017, 7:08 PM

Bridge students could buy the entire season

You are wrong Bridge students were not able to buy FSU or

Aug 30, 2017, 11:53 PM

Auburn tickets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TOP priority ....or....a priority?

Aug 30, 2017, 1:34 PM

what is it?

I've seen some say we should enlarge the stadium to allow more tickets for students...do you know how STUPID that is? Pay millions to build more seats with NO revenue coming in?

We have the right number of seats set aside for students right now. Increasing the number because more want tickets to the premiere games is the same as buying more snow plows for Miami, Florida in case a snowstorm hits!

when you give out "free" tickets, you get this

Aug 30, 2017, 1:41 PM

a bunch of "I might go in, but I'll probably stay in the parking lot and drink" no-shows.

these pics are from LAST season.

Those pictures were taken before the game even started

Aug 30, 2017, 3:08 PM

These pictures were taken 15-20 minutes before the game started against SC State (a team we beat 59-0) and Syracuse (a team we beat 54-0). Excuse me if people are still trying to get a last brewski in before they have to get to their seats. I am dedicated, I will stay in the stadium until the clock hits 0 and the players shake hands and sing the alma mater. Were you at the 2011 Orange Bowl against West Virginia? I was, and I stayed in my seat long after the game ended so I could sing the alma mater with the band (later joined Tiger Band in 2012).

While I agree every butt should be in the stadium seats for kickoff, its easy to understand how not everyone is clamoring over each other to see SC State in 95 degree heat vs. #3 Louisville in an ESPN gameday night game.

they are running down the Hill in those photos.

Aug 30, 2017, 3:28 PM
scst.JPG(66.8 K)
syr.JPG(111.5 K)

that's not 15 minutes before kickoff, it's 3-4 minutes before kickoff. Clock don't lie. You're missing the Hill Run for another Budweiser? Geez. Socializing has become more popular than the actual game.

Point is that they probably give out TOO MANY tickets now, now too FEW. And with a terrible distribution method.

We used to have to camp out overnight for tickets for most games, so there was "skin in the game". You tend to go when you have to put forth actual effort to obtain the ticket. 20,000 students aren't going to camp out for a ticket, but 20,000 will log on to a website for one, whether they plan to go, drink in the parking lot, or sell it for a tidy profit. No effort needed.

The Hill IS usually full, but it was not for 2 of the 7 games last season at least, almost 1/3 of the games. And Clemson is ranked Top 5 consistently recently, if not #1 in the country. What else can they do to draw? The upper deck student section (A Section) is almost never full, even for the biggest games. If students can't fill The Hill, you certainly don't need to issue upper deck tickets.

Bring back campouts, and the students who WANT to be there will get tickets.

Aug 30, 2017, 1:43 PM

According to Clemson's response to a petition, posted by WYFF today, it was the Student Government that asked for the ticket change from block seating:
http://www.wyff4.com/article/clemson-responds-to-petition-about-student-football-tickets/12138241

With no Block seating,it's easier for students to scalp

Aug 30, 2017, 2:34 PM

those FREE tickets,otherwise those older people sitting in amongst them stand out.

Aug 30, 2017, 1:43 PM

> distributions. pretty crummy if that's not the case.

I agree. Football games are part of student life! All we used to need, 100 years ago, was an ID to get in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Students

Aug 30, 2017, 2:00 PM

They are just ticked no more blocks of seats ...the same frats and groups that never came to games till late and always left early... hence upper corners looking empty

If they really wanted a ticket they have one

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree...it is not just the frats. It is student

Aug 30, 2017, 2:28 PM

IPTAY members, Seniors, etc. that did exactly what they were supposed to do but weren't selected for a ticket.

Happened to my daughter

Aug 30, 2017, 3:26 PM

She's a sophomore, has been an IPTAY member both years, and didn't get an Auburn ticket.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah mine too....Senior and IPTAY member...

Aug 30, 2017, 3:32 PM

she logged in exactly when she was supposed to on IPTAY day and Senior day and missed each day.

Not true

Aug 30, 2017, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Students ]

Frats and other student groups in the blocks almost always stay the entire game. If they dont, they lose their block seating permanently.

no

Aug 30, 2017, 1:58 PM

not at all...

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

they will when they start having to pay for them***

Aug 30, 2017, 2:00 PM

Aug 30, 2017, 2:01 PM

People who pay for tickets will always be the priority. Especially big money

Aug 30, 2017, 5:11 PM

My student son is in the IPTAY Collegiate Club, followed the rules, and like so many others didn't get an Auburn ticket.

I really don't like the concept - encourage students to buy into IPTAY for ticket priority when they don't have sufficient seats to honor that offer. They don't tell anyone the odds before they pay to join - are there twice as many student IPTAY members as seats meaning a 50% shot at a ticket for the big games? Lower?

He didn't get a ticket through IPTAY or through his class distribution, so I'll figure out how to give him one of my season tickets for Auburn. I feel for the kids who can't pick up the tab for a $200+ resale market ticket and don't have parents with IPTAY tickets.

A way to pack in more general admission seating for high demand games would be ideal.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 6:09 PM

CHANGE.ORG HAS A PETITION TO CONFRONT THIS PROBLEM

Aug 31, 2017, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: students should be a top priority when it comes to ticket ]

Finally a comment I can get on board with. Yes IPTAY is pushed hard for students and make them feel like they are guaranteed a ticket. BS! I had the same problem when I was there. Student IPTAY should be done away with IMHO. Clemson needs to make sure the students understand that each class gets a fair shot and that no one is guaranteed a ticket. This way there's no surprise when they don't get one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 6:16 PM

CHANGE.ORG HAS A PETITION UNDER CLEMSON to sign about the unfair treatment of students..especially the upperclassman in regards to the lack of tickets

Aug 30, 2017, 6:19 PM

You couldn't be more wrong here. BOOSTERS should have top priority for tickets. You know, the people who contribute MONEY to the program.

Stop allowing Bridge students to get them would help!***

Aug 30, 2017, 6:20 PM

Re: Stop allowing Bridge students to get them would help!***

Aug 30, 2017, 7:13 PM

Maybe so, but they have to pay.

There are 750 Bridge Students and they were not given an

Aug 30, 2017, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Stop allowing Bridge students to get them would help!*** ]

option of buying Auburn or FSU tickets...so no it would not help. The Bridge students pay for their tickets.

Aug 30, 2017, 6:52 PM

Join the band. Get into every game. And no worrying about lines, etc

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Aug 31, 2017, 7:31 AM

Students with a CU #### tat should get top priority followed closely by hot chicks, then people who traveled the longest distance, then people who don't woo hoo, then people who come to the crappy games, then people who stay for the entire game no matter how big a blowout, then people who eat dipping dots, then people who complain about having to stand up the whole game, and if there are any seats remaining then the folks who keep the program going financially by giving their hard earned $$$ to IPTAY.

Did I miss anyone?

Aug 31, 2017, 8:21 AM

So you want to be as competitive as a D2 school in FB? There are a lot of ignorant comments on the subject of student tickets. $ builds top of the line facilities and that in turn attracts top flight recruits which results in Championships. End of story.

Aug 31, 2017, 8:33 AM

They just need to go back to the stand in line method of handing out tickets.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic