Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMO CW42 is a better DE than a healthy A. Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

IMO CW42 is a better DE than a healthy A. Bryant

Sep 16, 2016, 9:24 AM

BV's gonna have to make some tough decisions when Bryant comes back healthy. Christian has basically been a full time DE so far this season. I would think that BV will try and find a way to have his best D-Linemen on the field as much as possible (which have been Watkins, Big Dex, and Wilkins).

You'll likely see Christian go from being a 100% DE to 50% DE/ 50% DT when Austin returns. Ferrell and Yeargin's snaps likely take the hit (it won't be Big Dex's) and Bryant probably flip flops throughout the game at SDE and WDE to ensure Big Dex, Watkins, and Christian are in the game together as much as possible.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree

Sep 16, 2016, 9:46 AM

Wilkens does not do a real good job of setting that edge on a run play. He's a serviceable DE but he's a phenomenal DT. He has a better power rush than speed rush. He's also athletic enough to hide coverage that allows him to either mush-rush or drop into that LB zone in pass coverage.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO CW42 is a better DE than a healthy A. Bryant

Sep 16, 2016, 9:50 AM

All I know is that a healthy Bryant and Wilkins is good for Clemson. Figure we have a chance to keep the DL fresh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic